Referrals - Support topic

6 minutes ago, fosters said:

Its not possible out of the box, but I could give you a mysql query to see who invited the most users in a particular timeframe

Thanks, is it something you might consider adding, a page where people could view the top referrer, myabe currently, maybe this year, all-time...?

Also, I saw a lot of suggestions listed above, will you be adding them?

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks, is it something you might consider adding, a page where people could view the top referrer, myabe currently, maybe this year, all-time...?

Also, I saw a lot of suggestions listed above, will you be adding them?

Yea, i want to improve this:) 

And only 1 Suggestion is open https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/project/16-referrers/?do=issues:D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 5:01 PM, Square Wheels said:

Thank you.  So a user can generate a link to send to friends that will automatically fill them in as the referrer?  Many people on this particular site are slightly computer challenged.

It looks like the referrer link is implemented, how do I generate the link?  I just purchased and installed.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks, I found this for my profile http://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/refer/1/ but when I log out and go to that link my user name is not filled in in the registration field.

You don't need this application because referrers are already part of commerce :/ It's also using the same furl, so the ref cookie is from commerce and not from this application and that's why the ref field on the registration form is empty

Edited by fosters
19 minutes ago, fosters said:

You don't need this application because referrers are already part of commerce :/ It's also using the same furl, so the ref cookie is from commerce and not from this application and that's why the ref field on the registration form is empty

Really?  How do I send out referral links and see who referred people using Commerce?

Just now, Square Wheels said:

OK, I just tried this and still no place to put the referring user in during registration when using the built in system.

I guess there is no way to refer people to your site and keep track of it.

Sorry, I thought that commerce would also add a field to the registration form.

Give me some minutes to see if I can combine this 2 applications :) 

Just now, Square Wheels said:

So, if I send the link in my Account Settings to a non-members, it will automatically fill it in when the register?

Yes. When they use the link to visit the page, a cookie will be set. Once this user goes to the register page, my application will check if the cookie exists and will fill the ref field with the membername.

9 minutes ago, fosters said:

Yes. When they use the link to visit the page, a cookie will be set. Once this user goes to the register page, my application will check if the cookie exists and will fill the ref field with the membername.

Perfect!

Now, does the block that I can add to the front page list the most referrers ever?  I only plan to use it for a short time on one of my sites during a contest to get more members.

4 minutes ago, fosters said:

Yes, ATM it's showing the total referrers. In a future version I'll add more criteria.

Perfect.

When I added it to the front page, it doesn't show, is that because there aren't any referrals yet?  I can't read it but it looks like there is an error displayed.  When I click edit the spinner shows up, then simply goes away.

Forums   Square Wheels Cycling.png