vBulletin 4 transfer - need some advices

Sabiza

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a forum transfer from vBulletin 4 to IPS and I would like to ask you on few questions.

Here is the url link for the forums: http://forum.blizzfan.cz/

1) Can I create a beta forum where I will try the newest system, new plugins and try the vBulletin transfer without any risk that I will corrupt the main database?
2) I've got lots of custom smilies saved in specified folder. Can I also transfer them?
2) Most of BB codes should be transferred from vBulletin, right? I am talking about text changes - bold text, font size, etc.
3) I am using several custom BB codes, e.g. WoWhead tooltips. Codes are for example [ITEM]name of item[/ITEM], [ACHIEVEMENT]name of achievement[/ACHIEVEMENT], etc. Is there any chance how to transfer custom BB codes?

Probably more questions are coming within few hours / days. ;)

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sabiza said:

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a forum transfer from vBulletin 4 to IPS and I would like to ask you on few questions.

Here is the url link for the forums: http://forum.blizzfan.cz/

1) Can I create a beta forum where I will try the newest system, new plugins and try the vBulletin transfer without any risk that I will corrupt the main database?
2) I've got lots of custom smilies saved in specified folder. Can I also transfer them?
2) Most of BB codes should be transferred from vBulletin, right? I am talking about text changes - bold text, font size, etc.
3) I am using several custom BB codes, e.g. WoWhead tooltips. Codes are for example [ITEM]name of item[/ITEM], [ACHIEVEMENT]name of achievement[/ACHIEVEMENT], etc. Is there any chance how to transfer custom BB codes?

Probably more questions are coming within few hours / days. ;)

Thank you.

Hi Sabiza,

I'll keep my answers short and concise in a bulleted list for you.

1. Yes, we would encourage you to use your test license to set up a test installation that you can use for a trial run. (you can find out more about the test license key here: https://invisionpower.com/4guides/getting-started/installation/running-the-installer-r260/#testInstallInfo ). It's important to note that our converter will not make any changes to your vBulletin database, it will only read data from it.
  2. The converter will ask you for a file path for where those files are stored.
  3. Most standard BBCodes will be converted.
  4. The next version of the converter application should include the ability to convert custom vB3/4 BBCode.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Hello Stuart,

Thank you very much for your answer!

1) The reason why I asked is "Licensed URLs" section in Client Area. I am not running IPS as my main forums yet and I don't want to register the test forums there.
4) Any ETA about the newer version of the converter? ;)

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Sabiza said:

Hello Stuart,

Thank you very much for your answer!

1) The reason why I asked is "Licensed URLs" section in Client Area. I am not running IPS as my main forums yet and I don't want to register the test forums there.
4) Any ETA about the newer version of the converter? ;)

Thank you!

Hi,

1. You can use a test license key (there's information about this in the green box on the page I linked to) - Your license allows you to have one test site that is not accessible to the public.
  2. It should be available in 2-3 weeks, possibly a little sooner.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11. 11. 2016 at 9:53 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

We're nearly there, we're most likely looking at a release next week.

Nothing about the bbcodes. :(

New Converters

• ExpressionEngine
  • SMF
  • Vanilla 2

Bug Fixes/Improvements

• Various bug fixes and improvements
  • Added redirection scripts for MyBB & ExpressionEngine

Archived