Spacious ACP/Widgets

Spacious ACP 19 Released!

• Changed the optional wipe caches and view tasks buttons to header row icons to make their availability ACP-wide instead of just on the dashboard - this also reclaims some space on the button row.

sdsdg.PNG.2c60287631acb92153337537a7f2b908.PNG

• Wipe Caches already cleared guest caching but needed patching to get the actual cache and not just the DB entries, plus Redis.
  • Wipe Caches now renamed to Refresh Caches.
  • Moved some hard-coded text to language vars.
  • Minor tweak to IPS logo sizing in top left corner on phone view.
  • 2 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 8:03 PM, All Astronauts said:

Just ran the upgrade on my dev. Alexa task works. Alexa widget working, tabs in the widget working.

Refresh caches and see what shakes. If it's still wonky PM me ACP access and I'll take a peek. Just coding and watching hockey tonight so plenty of time.

Looks like it's back working again.  🙂

Though I got a weird little spike when it wasn't.

263799099_Screenshotfrom2019-11-1421-38-33.png.0251b3817a9a961c19a83982433cd29a.png

• 1 month later...

I just checked on another user's  your site and the problem occurs when you use a CDN and push theme resources to it. Your browser won't load the font file as it thinks it's coming from some weird not-to-be-trusted place. Here's the error you'll see when you use your browser dev tools:

Access to font at 'https://YOUR_CDN_SERVICE/uploads/set_resources_1/02ee171f2a8c0a74cb9384690414859a_allastronauts.woff' from origin 'https://YOUR_IPS_SITE.COM' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

So for everyone with this hitch you need to configure Apache/Nginx correctly to handle this stuff or check your CDN settings.

This is a quick guide to see what you need to do:

https://www.maxcdn.com/one/tutorial/how-to-use-cdn-with-webfonts/

All you end up doing, at least on your server-side, is flagging files with extensions such as .jpg, .png, .ttf, .woff, etc... as being cool being loaded from outside sites.

When you get that server stuff patched it will look like this:

aaaaaa.PNG.8b5abce018568e273509340c25568ca2.PNG

On 12/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, Zdeněk Tůma said:

can with this app create custom cron task?

Theoretically I could code it to do so but it would require your server to have the exec (or other similar) commands enabled.

But right now, no. Even setting up cron for IPS tasks requires you to manually add the cron command via server command line.

Edited by All Astronauts
1 hour ago, All Astronauts said:

This is a quick guide to see what you need to do:

https://www.maxcdn.com/one/tutorial/how-to-use-cdn-with-webfonts/

All you end up doing, at least on your server-side, is flagging files with extensions such as .jpg, .png, .ttf, .woff, etc... as being cool being loaded from outside sites.

When you get that server stuff patched it will look like this:

I've added the recommended code to my .htaccess file, does it take some time to work? Reason I ask, is so far nothing has changed. I don't know if it requires time to resolve or something mind.

To follow up for those reading along, I gave up trying to get his htaccess right for CORS. Maybe it's something weird on his CDN end - maybe something weird with acp urls and the additional /admin/ bit. Life is way too short to bother so rather than using the resources feature I've just dumped the AA font icon into the interface directory which solves the problem 100%. Not sure if this change will get released right now though. Maybe if I tighten a few things up, or I'll wait because...

The next big release (Spacious ACP 20) will be with 4.5 as that, given the ACP changes, will make this a full-sweep kinda thing. Doesn't mean I'm not prepping junk ahead of time.

Pushing server load, memory available, and local storage remaining to the front side for one (admins only of course).

tempy.PNG.e74f6f6d9fc489de5d64f76c70294ab2.PNG

On the user menu now, compact/concise display, with tooltips. These stats are actually tasked, every five minutes. I'll let you choose which server load percentage to display (15, 5, or 1 minute amount) - will try to tool-tip all of it there as well.

S'alright?

Also, would you guys want an option to dump this into the footer like ye'olden days of ancient IPS and VB? I think IPS had this... I have it in the user menu so you can actually see it regularly, unlike the footer, but can do both.

Edited by All Astronauts
  • 5 months later...

Been a few months hasn't it. I'm sure nothing at all has occurred anywhere during this time that was in anyway distracting at all.

Anyways...

Do NOT use Spacious ACP with the new 4.5.0 as there is a conflicting hook that will bork your ACP (remember how Spacious linked the entire list element of an ACP menu option instead of just the text to make it easier to navigate all these years? I'll give you no guesses what 4.5 now does natively :) )

There is, as usual, other stuff Spacious has done that's been incorporated into the revamped 4.5 ACP, so I gotta rip stuff out and so on. But with change comes new opportunities, etc. etc...

New stuff, new options, as per usual, will be in the mix when this is out - should go without saying that the next version will be for 4.5 and up exclusively, so no upgrading to it if you are sticking with 4.4.10 or lower.

It's better than learning about it without the warning, which naturally, I did. Well, I had to!

Otherwise there are no bugs, just a lot of messed up css bits. There is a whole dark thing now to account for and that includes the widgets. It'll take some time to grind through a lot of this. 

Right now I'm just poking various bits and pieces of my stuff to see what's going to take a load of work and what isn't.

Those of you (probably most) of you with custom themes are going to be in for a ride. Its borderline but they could almost have called this IPS 5. Seriously - hit up that changelog.

• 4 weeks later...

spacious_45_upgradelog.thumb.PNG.a575be0076b2aa1e419ac073f1897604.PNG

IPS records this but doesn't make it public anywhere (and if you are in a production setting with many hands on various wheels knowing when Invision Community got upgraded may go a long way in tracking down why custom things have broken and so on and so forth).

I asked a long while back for this in the administrators log where everything else gets noted along these lines but alas... Note that this is recording FULL upgrades, not any IPS patches that you might add - those patches will increment the long version number of the suite but it is not the same thing as a full point version upgrade which is what this is all about.

The work, etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Probably(*) wrapped Friday then submitted, weekend at the latest. Those of you window shopping should punch your ticket, price going up with the new Marketplace.

The changelog will be large, the new Marketplace description will be insanely large, I should probably just ramble over a video or something.

Lots of new stuff, lots of improvements, and plenty of options to turn the ACP into whatever clown car you like, fonts included. But I prefer more streamlined, ambient views myself.

1.PNG.d9759685837850f26a2e92c0d48d1eb4.PNG2.PNG.26b378c35a5d7364b7ae15960f54dedd.PNG

11:22 PM Central. 

Fin.

There's already a list, growing, of adds, and tweaks, and such for Spacious 21 but this is done and dusted for initial 4.5 release. Not to mention my awful backlog of everything else to start punching through.

I'm sleeping on this then a quick look-over in the morning and then submit - and hope - for approval. The Marketplace description will not be updated until AFTER the file is approved so you won't see any details of all the new stuff and changes until after that happens. Reciprocal posting here of course when that all goes down. Have some tweaked dark mode, and the new Spacious menu options.

dmsacp20prev.PNG.498a6c11410823177685f22db746e1d2.PNG

Edited by All Astronauts

Well, it was FIN until testing uncovered the CSS parsing hitch in 4.5 - now patched by IPS but there is still a problem if you disable an application - the template hooks mostly stay active, which they shouldn't.

This extra time also give me a chance to maybe stick back in the IPS silent patches feature, as, yes, they are still silent. Submission this weekend perhaps and then I guess approval sometime next week - probably.

After this gets through the rest of my apps and plugins will follow in real short order.

sacp_patches1.PNG.d3c04adff0a1a1a81bb549f71918ccbd.PNG

One of these days they will stick these silent patches into admin notifications. I could do that now myself but, I mean, they gotta do this themselves eventually, right?

Edited by All Astronauts
  • 2 weeks later...

There was some chop with settings being saved in the initial 4.5 final release (it's why we have 4.5.1 already) so I held off on release to spare me some getting yelled at for stuff not working but not my fault.

There is still a hitch with enable/disable apps and plugins, at least on the admin side templates - when you toggle them on/off, css will clear and revert or build as needed but templates are stuck. You'll need to hit the Spacious refresh caches button or run the support tool 'Something is not working...' option to clear caches which will set things right. I don't think that's enough to not submit this to the MP though so away we shall go.

I used the time to catch a few errors on my end. Not sure if this will pass the initial review (there is the swapping out the invision text badge for the IPS logo on the Applications page which may in of itself be enough to toss it back at me - innocuous as hell but who knows?)

Anyways, I'm gonna eat a bunch and screenshot everything under the sun and this will get submitted asap.

This and Kitchen Sink (just about there...) are major re-writes against the new IPS version and I was *this* close to forcing re-buys on both of these but I'll be letting it stay the course. Keep up on your renews!

• 2 weeks later...

<two weeks later...>

So, I've sat on this for a week or two. Pulled some things that might make IPS grumpy, waited around for IPS patches to appear to make sure that Spacious patch alert feature was working, and so on. @Joel R has a near-final build and he seemed pretty perky about it so it can't be all bad.

Now, as far as Marketplace approvals go, there are multiple people doing the work, and it seems to be a take one and go (or take the next on the pile and go). Some stuff of mine has taken many days to get approved. One thing today leap-frogged something utterly trivial today and was approved in something like two hours. I've not had a rejection yet. Not expecting that trend to continue...

Also, this will not be approved in two hours.

Devs currently do not get alerts when a file is approved and I'm not checking 24/7 to see. I'm hesitant to update the description as that flags the file as recently updated and people download it and nothing has changed except the description and blah.

So no new description until it's actually approved.

When you see this in the ACP Marketplace, you'll know it's good to go:

spacious.png.60fc5394fe78781d99f29056e0ebd3e6.png

I'll have to upload a metric ****-ton of new screens when I submit so I might just do a running log of changes with those here after submission. I'll be doing the submission in the morning while watching bike riders in Europe experience a tremendous amount of pain.

Lastly, as far as I can tell there is still a bug with templates not clearing out when you enable/disable an app or plugin on the ACP side. Which is to say post-install you are good to go, but if/when you go to the app page and toggle an app off, if there are hooks on templates on the ACP side, those hooks will remain ACTIVE until you hit the Spacious refresh caches button (if available) or use the support tool to do the same. If you do this with Spacious you might get some weird looking ACP (since the CSS is disabled so included images might be stupid large) but, again, support tool or refresh caches button and all is well.

Not my bug, not my problem; t'was reported in the alpha/beta tracker. Fairly warned be ye sez I.

No, there is no re-buy required for this upgrade though the work probably demanded such. Kitchen Sink, another full re-write, will probably require one just for the fact that it is moving from plugin to app.

3 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Lastly, as far as I can tell there is still a bug with templates not clearing out when you enable/disable an app or plugin on the ACP side. Which is to say post-install you are good to go, but if/when you go to the app page and toggle an app off, if there are hooks on templates on the ACP side, those hooks will remain ACTIVE until you hit the Spacious refresh caches button (if available) or use the support tool to do the same. If you do this with Spacious you might get some weird looking ACP (since the CSS is disabled so included images might be stupid large) but, again, support tool or refresh caches button and all is well.

Not my bug, not my problem; t'was reported in the alpha/beta tracker. Fairly warned be ye sez I.

Nobody's going to read this you noob.  You need to put this in red caps in your Marketplace description.  

• 4 weeks later...