Spacious ACP/Widgets

Spacious ACP 13 Released!

• S3 storage methods now display endpoint and directory structure information

If you use S3 and have multiple service providers, buckets, and sub-directories you can now actually see what you are doing when you assign file storage methods in the Storage Settings area of the ACP.

spacious_s3details.thumb.png.fdee4eeab645b3e9e4e0cca8428563af.png

No endpoint set (using a default)? No problem, it will still append any directory structure you have.

The above is a simple example showing endpoint (obj.space - an S3 compatible service), the bucket name, and the directory path. Trust me, even if you use just standard Amazon S3 but have various methods set up on sub-directories this is something you've wanted forever...

So, 4.3 on the way... Looking like IPS has hit the mark and then some on this release. A lot of long standing requests have been addressed. I'm stoked!

Alas, this does mean I'm off the dev-wagon for any new Spacious ACP work (and Kitchen Sink to some extent) for the next month plus. Consider Spacious ACP 13 the last 4.2x release barring any horrible bug. I'll still be sketching out future stuff for Spacious ACP but nothing really committed to code until after I get my hands on the 4.3 alpha/betas.

Edited by All Astronauts

I've finally purchased this!

I really like it, it's cleaned things up and my ACP appear a lot smarter. I love the dashboard changes and it's something I never used before as I didn't really see any point in it.

Any chance we can remove some of the white space from the ACP login page?

Also, it would be nice if the logo automatically resized for handheld devices. My logo cuts off with this, however when I used CSS to control the ACP login page - I was able to add different sizes per resolution. Perhaps if this can happen, maybe a middle point would be to add a responsive logo?

One suggestions....

spacious1.png.8d6786cf5d6df7f3bf01166d3576af95.png

Can the IPS envelope be replaced with a custom icon? I'd love to use a larger version of my favicon.

Regarding the ACP:

For some reason when you login, it leaves a massive white space beneath the logo (this is in the default design) - I realise it shows a message when you fail to login etc. Yet can't this expand as the message shows? Rather than always showing huge white space.

The logo has resolved itself.

Thanks!

The logo in the corner thing is doable. It would be up to end users to craft the image correctly though as it would have to be proportionally square.

Not sure I follow on the second part.

No Custom Text:

notext.PNG.282d75098abbf6aa2d5273e18c5d8a5e.PNG

Some custom text:

sometext.PNG.f10d3302d5d37fa0d68f70b67236014c.PNG

Note Spacious ditches the Invision Community text entirely in favor of the IPS logomark.

Am I missing something? Not sure what white space you are talking about.

14 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

The logo in the corner thing is doable. It would be up to end users to craft the image correctly though as it would have to be proportionally square.

Not sure I follow on the second part.

No Custom Text:

notext.PNG.282d75098abbf6aa2d5273e18c5d8a5e.PNG

Some custom text:

sometext.PNG.f10d3302d5d37fa0d68f70b67236014c.PNG

Note Spacious ditches the Invision Community text entirely in favor of the IPS logomark.

Am I missing something? Not sure what white space you are talking about.

Sorry, I guess it could be my custom CSS. there's a huge gap beneath my sites logo (which replaces the IPS logo).

If so it's unrelated to this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 5:29 PM, All Astronauts said:

PM me a link to the acp (will not need login) and I can tell you whats up.

It's the CSS I've used to replace the logo, it creates space - it's not really your problem and I can't really expect you to resolve it but thank you.

I also vote in favour of @kmk's suggestions.

Hi @All Astronauts,

I just updated to the latest version. However, I can't make the server memory / disk space pie chart to appear in the system overview widget. I already grant access to /proc in php configuration and these values were readable in the previous spacious ACP version. I tried viewing it on both Microsoft Edge and Firefox (latest version) with the same result.

Please kindly advise. Thank you.

SpaciousSystemGraph1.thumb.png.966b6bcf1eeaf8821fec83a2d76fb220.png

SpaciousSystemGraph2.thumb.png.b67921c28b3cfb6f957bcb2347b9b550.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up that I've been grinding on new stuff for Spacious. No peeking, but the plan is to dump it all out with 4.3.

On that note... Don't be installing/using Spacious on 4.3 (alpha, beta, otherwise...) until I push a compatible release out. With the changes to the member view, just looking at the screenshot, I can venture a guess that the bit where you can PM a member right from the member page is going to break things on the new stuff.

• 1 month later...

Nothing appears suite-breaking using the current version of Spacious with 4.3. Some things aren't working or are a little wonky but otherwise it's fine. That PM the member from the member page thing I thought would break things given the entire re-working of the member pages in 4.3 is "fine"...because they removed the template that bit hooked into. Can't break anything if it can't set the hook. So, feel free to use Spacious 13 on 4.3 if you are alright with some weirdness in spots.

All will be patched and so on and so forth for the official 4.3 release. Already have all the "broken" things fixed, new 4.3 things you want to change are changeable, improvements, etc. 

I've just started grinding on 4.3 compatibility for all my stuff so forgive me if I'm not responding to comms fastly.

• 2 weeks later...

As you know, most of what was under the security menu option has been transformed into non-dismissable dashboard warnings for 4.3.

Most of them are sensible enough that I believe they should remain that way. That said, I got ya. The specific warning for teh scary PHP functions such as exec and so on? The next Spacious will let you toggle that one off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just letting you know that the issue is still occurring in IPS 4.2.8 / Spacious ACP 13. But since IPS 4.3 is on the horizon now and the graph feature is not much important for my daily maintenance task so I decide to wait until your application has been fully compatible with IPS 4.3. Keep up a good work. ?

SpaciousACPIssue.thumb.png.390a9bf2f47c982b6ba37db050dcca22.png

• 2 weeks later...

Today sometime? Like I said you can use the current Spacious now, just a few quirks here and there. Soon to be released version is fully compatible of course. And changes - I wanted this to be more fully formed but its probably more prudent to pull back a few things, leave a few in a working but not quite finished cooking state, and get a 4.3 compatible release out.

Could probably use a guinea pig if someone wants to cough up ACP access. PM me if interested.

Spacious ACP 14 released! pushed out the door! 

I don't have any of my live sites on 4.3 yet which limits my testing to my dev WAMP install. That means that most screenshots will have to wait a bit. Also this rundown will be brief.

FYI, widgets are now collapsible. A Spacious option lets you turn off those downward pointing triangles for a cleaner look, but just clicking the widget header still opens/closes the widget.

ft.thumb.PNG.cf81facdf864eccfba1dd9e13ae01167.PNG

Let's see. Revamped the graphs a few months back, now seeing the light of day with 14. Responsive, and in the case of the Gallery widget, removable in settings (as some galleries are not hot beds of constant uploads so the utility of a graphic tracking daily uploads is not so much...)

Graphs throughout track 90 days of activity, with blocks for the last seven days underneath displaying counts. Also, the graphs should be tracking the past 90 days minus what counts as "today" - that is it should be a settled time period of 90 days (midnight to midnight) excluding "today". You do get the today counts since "midnight", text, bottom right corner of the graphs.

The topics/responses rail is to give you a visual on the sums of the numbers you see under each of the two graphs. With the graphs you get the trends, with the rail you get the ratio for the last week.

Graphs are active, hover over the lines to see the data points. Graphs are customizable - see settings and play around. Line thickness, colors, whether the graph is area filled or not, etc... Should pull your ACP header color for matching, but yes, can change if you want.

top.thumb.PNG.4e2074cac6580022902f4ff99699762d.PNG

Online users now takes over where the word "Dashboard" used to be. You can of course change this between non-uppercased, regular text and a bold, uppercase look. Change the color too.

The home link and new support link in the upper right of the header can have the text toggled off to show just the icons.

The new member page has a number of tweaks. Tighter spacing, nips, tucks, etc.

sysover.PNG.aac236f114baade5fd35ca828cffd823.PNG

System Overview widget revamped. Ignore the data in the above, its just dummied up for my WAMP install. The Invision Community size is the total size of your installation in your IPS directory PLUS the specific IPS MySql data and index diskspace. For the IPS dir. that's IPS files and any user files/images stored underneath there. Any FTP, S3, or local storage outside of the root IPS directory isn't tracked. That Diskspace rail in the above screenshot is accurate for my dev computer. Note the text displays Diskspace low, and it naturally will change (color too) if it gets much lower to the critical level. That tiny blip you see on the right in the diskspace rail is that Invision Community size so you an get a relative idea how much space the IPS install is taking up.

Extra stuff under a single button and tabbed. New stuff in there is the use of Google maps if you have the api setup to give you server location. That map will look better in the next Spacious release - they took my advice and spiffied up the IPS google maps integration to use more variables so we can show you better maps but I didn't get a chance to get that caught up. Some other new vars there.

Other stuff? Oh yeah, Member Trends.

mt.thumb.PNG.05c09cbb76c7d11860d54c7d2967ae1c.PNG

Blocks, from RIGHT to LEFT: Members online last 7 days, 8 days to 90 days, 91 days to 365 days (4?). So effectively week, 90, year - all adjusted as needed. Then there is a little gap, and all the remaining members who have not been on your site for at least a year.  This is a streamlining of what was there before. Member widget will be getting more graphs, but again I have to think whether to piggy back on IPS stuff or go my own way.

Yell if there are any breaking bugs. Spacious ACP 14 is 4.3 or above; do not use with 4.2.9 or lower.

I've got Kitchen Sink, Ground Control needs a sweep badly, I need to properly pour one out (down my throat) for Sound Board, and another thing in dev before I sweep back to Spacious but this does have more widgets inbound, more to come for the online user stuff (was working the bot stuff until I ran into a philosophical problem in how to ethically move forward), Redis, Elastic, Alexa needs an overhaul, etc...

Edited by All Astronauts

spacious_so_details.thumb.PNG.d9b9e678a325599845b9b69c477b1e16.PNG

Your map will be not as fancy in Spacious 14, just a Google roadmap, and not full width. The above is coming in the next Spacious but I did want to show you what I was talking about.

The largest of FYI's: This utilizes the ip address to map feature. You may not be aware, but if your license is expired the IP to address functionality goes away - that's a IPS service as part of your license. No IP means no maps when you run with an expired license. I'll look into storing an IP and refreshing daily, if unable to refresh it will keep using the old IP. That will mitigate this, and probably is better anyways as there isn't really a need to keep asking IP for the geolocation of your server.

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder folks that if you get a notice that there is a new update/version/whatever to Marketplace items it may just mean the dev is uploading screenshots or altering the description - like I did tonight ?

IPS Downloads items are content items, meaning when you change anything on them that's recorded as an "update" by the system and flagged as such. Yes, we've asked for changes - ain't happening.

Next version is 15 - to be released ???

• 1 month later...