Spacious ACP/Widgets

Problem solved. User has no PHAR capabilities on server so uploads TAR contents to directory manually then runs install routines. All well and good but you must use the right directory name. Since Spacious used to be two separate things (theme and app) it isn't intuitive what the app directory name is. For anyone else who needs to do this it's "spaciouswidgets".

Although I see no formal announcement it appears those web widgets have been nuked in favor of a free-tier api. I'll have to take look and see what can be done but for now those are done for.

EDIT:

As SimilarWeb data is very valuable, we suffered from a lot of scraping attacks from malicious parties trying to get hold of our data. They were performing these attacks through our free widgets and we had been forced to shut them down.

We are looking for ways to prevent these attacks while bringing back our widgets to life in the future but we don't have any ETA yet.

Edited by All Astronauts
  1. I noted, that the Spacious ACP isn't displaying the member trends correctly. All elements in the chart bar are overlaying and there is no graphical separation.
  2. ^^ same for the topics/responses chart bar
  3. I have the same problem with the similar web widget contents not showing. But I would like to add, that it isn't ideal imo to see http links were implemented (= the sites to track in the field in the ACP setting allow only the domain entries), only https links should exist everywhere for true SSL. Please, no html links anywhere.
  4. I would love to see the donut charts coming back for the server informations.

My setup: I'm using Microsoft Edge Browser on Windows 10, latest release.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's a wonder or jinxed.

I just opened the Spacious settings once again (to look for the Similar Web Tracked Site Links...)

and after I am back to the dashboard, all chart bars show up correctly ???

I've been living with broken chart bars for multiple months since Spacious 14 release until 5 minutes ago, and I really only reopened the setting page ??? ??

So, all good again concerning the bars. ?

Thanks for the https notice.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@All Astronauts

I have updated this when I upgraded to IPS4.4 and when I access the Journal or the ACP Dashboard I get error messages telling me that tables don't exist.

SELECT count(*) FROM `spaciouswidgets_adminjournal`
IPS\Db\Exception: Table 'DBNAME.spaciouswidgets_adminjournal' doesn't exist (1146)

SELECT * FROM `spaciouswidgets_alexa` ORDER BY id DESC
IPS\Db\Exception: Table 'DBNAME.spaciouswidgets_alexa' doesn't exist (1146)

I've disabled the application for now.

Looks like my version bump didn't pull in the new database structures (that or I incremented the version and then dicked around with new db stuff) - either way, db stuff is fixed with Spacious ACP 16 for upgraders; I'll just be deleting 15 outright. I'll do this with a clearer head in the morning along with updating the marketplace description.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:37 AM, All Astronauts said:

Looks like my version bump didn't pull in the new database structures (that or I incremented the version and then dicked around with new db stuff) - either way, db stuff is fixed with Spacious ACP 16 for upgraders; I'll just be deleting 15 outright. I'll do this with a clearer head in the morning along with updating the marketplace description.

Still planning on this update here soon?

I just switched over to Redis for Data Storage.  With the addition of Redis I selected in the Advanced Configuration, "Use Redis to reduce MySQL overhead" which "Redis will be used for sessions and to manage topic view counters".  Ever since I added Redis, the Dashboard -> Online Number at the top of the page, shows 0.  The "Online Users by App" does show the online users per app.  Not sure if the Online Number showing 0 is related to Redis or not. 

The Online Number was working prior to the addition of Redis.  There are no locked tasks.  I've run the support tool.  I'm using the current version of the app (16).

Wanted to let you know.

Edited by Bluto
  • 3 months later...

Spacious ACP 17 Released!

• Revamped how CSS was loaded

• NEW! Menu section titles bolded text option

• NEW! Compact menu view option

• Tweaked compact table row display

Still need to kick the online users bit to get that right, and a few other things lingering, but figured it was time to clear up the CSS loading which has bugged me for a long long time. All that plus a full sweep of the screens and description for the Marketplace listing.

Edited by All Astronauts
  • 1 month later...

Spacious 18 Released!

• Compact Menu Option: Altered the submenu line heights to display more content.
  • System Overview Dashboard Widget: Added cURL and Open SSL installed versions to Details - PHP tab.
  • Hover effects on ACP menu icons added. 
  • Option to disable Dangerous PHP Functions Notifications. 
  • Cleaned up the online count function on the dashboard.

Also finally swept through the Marketplace description and screenshots.