Spacious ACP/Widgets

• 1 month later...

Well, loaded everything up on the 4.2 alpha.

1) Widgets: Nip/tuck of CSS to account for new Roboto default font but otherwise that's it.

2) Customize ACP Login Page: Non-functional.

3) New tasks, logs, cache wipe buttons on dashboard: Non-functional.

4) Spacious ACP theme: The hottest of messes.

I'll be focusing on everything other than the theme. We'll see what I can do with that.

Now... <shudder> ... on to Kitchen Sink...

Edited by All Astronauts

Spacious ACP good to go for 4.2. All the usual color changes plus you can change the hardcoded ACP orange buttons to whatever you like.

Additional dashboard buttons are back in business as well.

Naturally, the current release in the Marketplace is still only for 4.1.x but we'll be set for 4.2 on release.

Went ahead and added background images to the login page. All the usual Spacious settings are in play including color changes (backgrounds, buttons, and text), adding text, etc. You can also toggle the login box  background transparency: solid,80%, and 50%.

This all for the upcoming 4.2 release.

new.thumb.PNG.fb408965dbcad78b8f5429568bc29a80.PNG

new2.thumb.PNG.e1959ee5ecaa06547ecaf3f1be2c0ce3.PNG

Edited by Flitterkill

There is a powerful bit of information herein this mod I noticed. It breaks up your member count into two buckets "active", and "inactive".

What cool information!!! I like it, I really do. However I want to be able to do something with this information.

It may be something for a separate mod but it would be awesome if I could send an email to ONLY the inactive group inviting them to come back.

I think there is tremendous potential there.

• 1 month later...

Just a bump to let everyone know this is all prepped for 4.2. I'll stick it in the marketplace when the release candidates hit (or final if they skip those). Don't bother running this in 4.2 right now. The version avail in the marketplace is fine for the widgets component but the theme is way broke with the changes IPS made to the ACP,

FYI in the near-ish future IPS will be removing the ability for the ACP to have customizable themes. No worries - I'm in the process of moving all the Spacious ACP theme stuff into the Spacious Widgets app. At which point since this will just be a single thing again I'll rename it to just Spacious or Spacious ACP. Won't happen by the 4.2 release but soon after.

• 1 month later...

Decided to turn the entire thing into an application now instead of waiting. No more theme to adjust; everything that was in the theme to change the look/feel of the ACP is now a tab in the app settings. I would have to do this in the near future anyways as IPS is removing ACP themes entirely soon enough.

Anyways, 4.2 version out sometime today (Friday)

Spacious ACP 7 released!

4.2 compatible, not compatible with 4.1.19.x or lower.

See the revamped Marketplace description for details.

This is now just a single application, there is no theme file any more. Upgraders please delete that Spacious ACP theme from your installed themes. It's just dead weight with 4.2 and will probably conflict like hell if you leave it in place.

If you have the Spacious Widgets app installed for the extra widgets, you *CAN* upgrade that application directly. Just go to applications in the acp, and choose the upload new version button for Spacious Widgets and then install the spacious_acp_7.tar you download from the Marketplace. You will likely need to hit the support area and run something is not working to clear all the caches and such to clear out any relic spacious theme css and the like. I did when I was testing this app on test sites (otherwise you'l get some theme stuff working, other stuff not working, until the caches clear out on their own)

All the former theme settings (those that made it over into the new version) are there in the application. Customization - Spacious ACP : Settings.

Yep. Only thing that changes is you need to turn a setting on in the Spacious ACP settings to indicate you are a CICuser (I'll probably just test for that automatically in the future)

There, you enter your CIC quota amount in GBs for storage and I use that to base the low storage and storage critical alerts for the system widget. It also disables the server load stuff as the way IPS does CIC makes that stat either hillariously low or hillariously high - both incorrect :)

Outside of that, last time I did a test it was fine.

dsfsdfds.thumb.PNG.015733dc5dfabdf77e455ddaa892205a.PNG

Edited by All Astronauts
  • 2 weeks later...

August 4th, 2017: Spacious ACP 8 released.

NEW! Send PM to member from ACP Member page.
NEW! Plugins now have version numbers displayed alongside titles.
NEW! Option for tighter row spacing to display more list items per-given screen space.
NEW! ACP secondary menu now wraps the link around the <li> element, not the text. That means easier navigation for you!
NEW! Option for much better formatted (read: less space used) new version announcements and bulletins. Recommend on.
NEW! Warnings and license key alerts altered for consistency with new version announcements and bulletin.

Still more work to come but I need to work some other apps and plugins before I swing back to this one. Widgets on tap, still with the language keys, the background image for the login page needs a proper file extension, I think the system overview widget needs a touch up for CIC users, and probably some buggy things that will pop up since I can't test everything all the time... And yeah, I need to go through these screen shots again and get them all up to speed with the 4.2 version. I think I'm missing the Member widget for one...

Those of you using the separate Marketplace plugin to PM members from the ACP will have noticed it doesn't work on 4.2. Feel free to uninstall it; Spacious has got your back for that. Did need to move the link though (see screenshot). I'll eventually update the freebie but not for awhile.

The free plugin for adding version numbers to plugins does work with 4.2. The Spacious version sticks them in-line with the plugin name though saving you a ton of horizontal space.

If you were thinking about purchasing this, sooner rather than later would be a good idea - if you want to save $5. Bump to $15 is due once I get around to this again and release Spacious ACP 9. Renews will stay at $5 though. Fair warning and all that...

• 1 month later...

@Lindy shot me a note saying Support was getting some chop with the Spacious ACP bit that lets you PM members from the Member page breaking the "view customer data" button if you have Nexus installed.

Rare point version release fixes this. Spacious ACP 8.0.1 avail for DL in the Marketplace.

Please upgrade, that, and if you end up with problems like this do not rely on Support to give me a heads up - that usually will only happen after a few instances of the bug hitting support staff and then it (I guess?) gets passed up the chain for someone to maybe shoot the mod author a note. It's much easier when Support staff notifies you that there is a bug in some 3rd party thing you have installed for you to post in the support topic (or send the author a PM). It's often the best (and sometimes only) way we'll know something is wrong.

I put the bug in their ear about allowing mod authors to piggy back on the "report system errors" feature IPS added in a few versions back - mostly (all?) that feature does is harvest system errors your installation throws, discards all 3rd-party caused ones, and then emails them to IPS so they can see if anything they wrote is causing problems. Would love the same for any errors my stuff makes. I could write and include the same functionality in my plugins but it would be better for everyone if it was more "official".

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on 4.2.4 will need to hit the support tool in the ACP and apply the latest patch as IPS has been changing how settings are saved and that's been creating some problems. For Spacious it is the background image on login page - 4.2.4 wasn't saving them - if you left it alone it was fine but once you tried to change it, problems. 

Today's un-announced IPS patch fixes that.

However, there is a bug with dashboard widgets - new widgets will not be saved to the dashboard. You can add them, and they are there, until you navigate away - when you go back to the dashboard they aren't there anymore. Also, sometimes if you delete an existing widget it stays gone as you can't add new widgets to the dashboard (see above) *or* you try to delete them and they refuse to go away; you navigate away after deleting them, return to the dashboard, and they are there again.

Nothing I can do about that one.

Hi,

I have this error message when I execute Spacious Task :

UnexpectedValueException: RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/): failed to open dir: Permission non accordée (0)
#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/applications/spaciouswidgets/tasks/spaciousSystemSize.php(45): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/var/www/client...', 4096)
#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/system/Task/Task.php(248): IPS\spaciouswidgets\tasks\_spaciousSystemSize->execute()
#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(588): IPS\_Task->run()
#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#4 /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#6 /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Any ideas ??

It is the standard PHP RecursiveDirectoryIterator function but it's hitting that directory and not having permission to open it. Either you, or your web host, has that web2/web/ directory locked /unreadable somehow. 

You are the first to report something like this so congratulations. I'm uploading 8.02 now which I think will fix it (added in an error check). After uploading the new version, go to tasks and manually run 

spaciousSystemSize

and see what happens.