Jump to content

Community

Recommended Posts

On 4/6/2020 at 9:14 PM, AlexWebsites said:

I'm currently serving webp mages on all my IPS sites using mod_pagespeed.

I would like to use the “Priorize Critical CSS” function of mod_pagespeed to avoid render blocking. Do you use this feature? Does it break IPS or make TTFB to high?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 1:03 PM, sobrenome said:

I would like to use the “Priorize Critical CSS” function of mod_pagespeed to avoid render blocking. Do you use this feature? Does it break IPS or make TTFB to high?

No idea, had server management install it a while ago. Whatever default settings are, that’s what I’m using. Probably could tweak, but haven’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

No idea, had server management install it a while ago. Whatever default settings are, that’s what I’m using. Probably could tweak, but haven’t.

Do you have a PageSpeed Insight test to show is CSS is render blocking or not?

😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Everywhere seems to be using .webp files these days, except Facebook.

It makes using images (which I have permission for) a little difficult when they're downloaded as .webp files and, I then need to convert them to usable images.

I use a plugin on my browser (Firefox) to convert back to Jpeg when downloading. I know it exists for Chrome too. I serve .webp files on my site via Cloudflare. Only the cached versions from Cloudflare are .webp, while on my server they remain the original format they have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PPlanet said:

I use a plugin on my browser (Firefox) to convert back to Jpeg when downloading. I know it exists for Chrome too. I serve .webp files on my site via Cloudflare. Only the cached versions from Cloudflare are .webp, while on my server they remain the original format they have.

Very useful, I'll look into this as it can become quite a chore. 👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy