Login on desktop and phone several times during the day

Adriano Faria

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I log in it stays logged inn on my computer. The problem is when I log inn from another device like a phone or tablet then I get logged out from the forums on the computer. It does also happen when I use another browser on the same computer.

It does not happen on invisionpower forum. Maybe issues with custom skin? or some server configurations?

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

For those affected, are you checking the "Remember Me" checkbox to save log in cookies?

Sure.

2 minutes ago, Dennis_87 said:

When I log in it stays logged inn on my computer. The problem is when I log inn from another device like a phone or tablet then I get logged out from the forums on the computer.

Exactly.

Screenvideo: http://www.screencast.com/t/R9XuiqT7A5cI

• Management

@Dennis_87 Can you submit a ticket for my attention please? Outline what issues your members are having, and ensure that ACP and FTP details are to hand if possible? I'm struggling to see what the issue is here. The code actually hasn't changed that much in the session areas.

On 28/10/2016 at 9:46 AM, Charles said:

We are testing a fix for this now and will let you know when we apply it on our site here for testing. If that works we can then release it. Thanks!

Charles, will it only be available on .17?

If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out

I've just had this reported to me (on 4.14.3)

I have to sign in again if I've viewed the [the Forum} on another device. I normally use my PC but might use my phone or tablet. This seems to negate the 'remember me' cookie.

It seems to be a major bug that rushing out monthly updates has overlooked so can you please tell Support that "Upgrade to the latest version" is not always a suitable response. (Ticket 964531)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived