How to Remove Associate with Products

Action_Builder

How do I turn off "associate with products" within Downloads? Members share their files for free or sell their uploaded files in Downloads but the "associate with products" don't make any sense to me. Can I turn this off in the admin control panel? Or do I have to modify I template?

The attached screen capture is from when a member is uploading a file. Notice how there is free, paid, and associate with products. I want to remove associate with products. I have not set up any products so I am not sure why it is showing up.

Any help will be appreciated.

associated_products.png

Thanks for explaining the situation with regard to associate with products and commerce. I have another question with regard to versioning that I think you may be able to help with. Our members are finding the versioning confusing. They don't know how it works and all the file names have version 1.0.0 appended to the name on the file details page but the version 1.0.0 is not there when the file name is displayed under "what's new", "featured downloads" or within the category.

Is there a way to turn off versioning? How can I remove the version number from the files details page? Thanks for your help.

14 hours ago, Action_Builder said:

Thanks for explaining the situation with regard to associate with products and commerce. I have another question with regard to versioning that I think you may be able to help with. Our members are finding the versioning confusing. They don't know how it works and all the file names have version 1.0.0 appended to the name on the file details page but the version 1.0.0 is not there when the file name is displayed under "what's new", "featured downloads" or within the category.

Is there a way to turn off versioning? How can I remove the version number from the files details page? Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately there's now way to remove this with the current release.

Archived