It takes two clicks to type into editor on mobile

marklcfc

When on my mobile at the bottom of the topic where it says reply to this topic, it would be better if on the first click you could start typing, as you have to press again once the editor box is enlarged.

Surely as the most used area of any forum it would be better for the editor to fully load on the first click.

13 minutes ago, Colonel_mortis said:

It works for me (Android 6.1, Chrome, Nexus 5), but only if the editor is empty (so stuff hasn't been inserted due to autosave).

On safari I pressed the editor box it expands but then I have to press again to start typing. Is that how it's supposed to work?

11 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

On safari I pressed the editor box it expands but then I have to press again to start typing. Is that how it's supposed to work?

No - in Chrome on Android, once the editor has loaded, it is focused so the keyboard appears and you can start typing, only one tap required.

10 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I've just downloaded chrome on my iPhone and still have to press it twice 

Chrome on iOS is exactly the same as Safari on iOS in the backend, so it will behave the same. You should report this as a bug (by submitting a ticket), but the devs are unlikely to be able to fix it because it's probably an editor issue.

Archived