(itzknotty) Facebook widgets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I figured out my problem. In the settings I was entering the page URL instead of just the page ID number alone. Was doing the same with the application ID too. I changed it to just the numbers and it's working. Isn't the app supposed to provide you with blocks? I don't see any anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 10:32 PM, Maalong said:

Hi,

I followed the instructions to the letter, but still get the same result:

No Posts.png

I have tried changing the Facebook page to several different ones, each with the same result.

I have installed the first verison of the app and can get twitter to work with your directions.  Thank you.  However, I am stuck at this with the facebook functionality, I cannot get it to render the posts.  What did you do?

Thanks,

Brad

On 3/5/2017 at 10:54 AM, Ford Doctor said:

I figured out my problem. In the settings I was entering the page URL instead of just the page ID number alone. Was doing the same with the application ID too. I changed it to just the numbers and it's working. Isn't the app supposed to provide you with blocks? I don't see any anywhere.

Located Page ID and it is working now!!  Thanks.

Edited by BradTBP
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, after upgrading Community to 4.3 and the widget to 4.1.2. it no longer works. It was fine before but now it shows the "No posts were found." message. I have created a new App ID (+secret) in facebook but still no luck. It is possible I am missing some setting in Facebook because the short guide is no longer applicable, Facebook has changed too many settings. Any help is appreciated!

8 hours ago, Mike111 said:

Hi, after upgrading Community to 4.3 and the widget to 4.1.2. it no longer works. It was fine before but now it shows the "No posts were found." message. I have created a new App ID (+secret) in facebook but still no luck. It is possible I am missing some setting in Facebook because the short guide is no longer applicable, Facebook has changed too many settings. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you for your post. I will look at this the next few days. It's possible that Facebook updated several things.

Update: Okay, I debugged my application in the Facebook Graph API Explorer and got the following error:

Access to this data is temporarily disabled for non-active apps or apps that have not recently accessed this data due to changes we are making to the Facebook Platform. https://developers.facebook.com/status/issues/205942813488872/

It's an issue with the facebook platform. A fter searching on the internet I found several articles about the big data error with about 50 million people. Now Facebook changes their policies. Until then I can not do anything. I am really sorry ? 

More information:
https://developers.facebook.com/status/issues/205942813488872/

Maybe there is another way to authenticate. I will have a look at this. Sorry ?

Edited by tsdevelopment
10 hours ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Would it be possible to feed a certain hashtag also?

If no, would be a great feature - I would like to create a page with the #foamneo hashtag on our site 99nicu.org

If not a planned feature, is there another plugin out there?

I will put it on my list. Only for me to understand: You want to see a list of posts wit a given hashtag everywhere at facebook? Or do you want to create a page and then filter the posts with a given hashtag?

Actually I am waiting until facebook updates its policies so my plugin will work again.

• 3 weeks later...