(itzknotty) Facebook widgets

I have been able to download the 4.0.2 version without problem. I have also been able to install it.

Now how do I use it? I cannot find anything that tells me what I need to do to make it work. 

We have a Facebook page to go along with our forum, so it would be great to link the two so the feeds from the Facebook page can be accessed via a plugin.

3 hours ago, Maalong said:

I have been able to download the 4.0.2 version without problem. I have also been able to install it.

Now how do I use it? I cannot find anything that tells me what I need to do to make it work. 

We have a Facebook page to go along with our forum, so it would be great to link the two so the feeds from the Facebook page can be accessed via a plugin.

Hi,

you have to set your facebook AppID and your facebook appSecret in the admin control panel (in the community area) and then to place the widget you want at the preferred position.

Hi tsdevelopment,

Thanks for that, I found the Settings in the Community Area, but what sort of App is required to add?

itzknotty.png

I tried using the Facebook login AppID and AppSecret, but that does not do anything, so I expect I need to make a new Facebook app. What type of FB App is required? Can you please post a guide for this?

17 hours ago, Maalong said:

Hi tsdevelopment,

Thanks for that, I found the Settings in the Community Area, but what sort of App is required to add?

itzknotty.png

I tried using the Facebook login AppID and AppSecret, but that does not do anything, so I expect I need to make a new Facebook app. What type of FB App is required? Can you please post a guide for this?

Hi,

yes, i will post a guide for it in the next few days. But until that i will give you a short explanation:

That's all. You can debug whether your page can access relevant data or not at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/:

• Choose <appID>|<appSecret> as token (do not forget the pipe sign)
  • Choose <yourPageName>/posts as Request. You should see your page's posts.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2016 at 1:05 AM, tsdevelopment said:

Hi,

yes, i will post a guide for it in the next few days. But until that i will give you a short explanation:

That's all. You can debug whether your page can access relevant data or not at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/:

• Choose <appID>|<appSecret> as token (do not forget the pipe sign)
  • Choose <yourPageName>/posts as Request. You should see your page's posts.

Is there any update on this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.10.2016 at 1:21 AM, Maalong said:

Hi there,

Yes, I tried it, but still with no luck. Facebook has many types of Apps, so I am trying to figure out which one to create.

Hi,

I updated the plugin description with a few more details. Now you should see how you create a Facebook application. Hope it helps.

Thanks for all your help. Excellent support for a great App.

Now that it is set up and working though, I have found that it does not draw the quantity of posts in Latest Facebook Posts.

I have it set to 10, but it draws only 4 or 5. Not sure what can be done about this, and not something I am overly concerned about, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

On 9.11.2016 at 3:20 AM, Maalong said:

Thanks for all your help. Excellent support for a great App.

Now that it is set up and working though, I have found that it does not draw the quantity of posts in Latest Facebook Posts.

I have it set to 10, but it draws only 4 or 5. Not sure what can be done about this, and not something I am overly concerned about, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

I will look at this tomorrow and give you a feedback as soon as possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9.11.2016 at 3:20 AM, Maalong said:

Sorry for my delayed answer. The problem should be solved in 4.0.5 published 15 minutes ago.

21 hours ago, tsdevelopment said:

Sorry for my delayed answer. The problem should be solved in 4.0.5 published 15 minutes ago.

It certainly has been solved, and now the amount of posts shows the number I have specified. Great job!!

One little issue that has arisen since the upgrade though:

The wrap on the title of each facebook post is not working, so I am getting it run over into the page border instead of wrapping.

WordWrap.png

6 hours ago, Maalong said:

It certainly has been solved, and now the amount of posts shows the number I have specified. Great job!!

One little issue that has arisen since the upgrade though:

The wrap on the title of each facebook post is not working, so I am getting it run over into the page border instead of wrapping.

WordWrap.png

You are right. But it's not because of a unclosed tag. I use the truncate method to display only two lines of each message. But it seems this method does not handle too long strings as you have in your 10th post. I will look for a better solution during the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...