Jump to content

Magnum Theme [ support topic ]


TAMAN

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, ToeJam said:

Here is the response I got from Invision 

 

"...Hello,

As mentioned previously, to change the display size of the profile photo you would need to alter the theme. This will require a theme customization in order to change that. Unfortunately, customizations fall outside our scope of support. You can reach out in the Theme Assistance forum on our community for further assistance.

As mentioned previously, this field is for the maximum image size which a user can upload and is stored on your server. It is not the display size of the image when viewing your community. As you were using a custom theme in a previous version, this could have been the size which the author made it for that particular version. However, this is purely a theme customization and not a setting in our software...."

 

Here is a screen shot I have using your theme from 4.2 before going to 4.5

 

5ad78f22a5b5e_SocialIcons.jpg.543d6e1749aa4ff05b698a1d72955746.thumb.jpg.729d7fe403492e40c70f151088c87bb4.jpg 

 

 

What it down sized to

 

1306752316_Screenshot(31).png.50a77ebceb3ebe0416e614dab1e6df15.png.1e13aa0d8f20df5742abe6c6173359c7.png

 

I remember asking this same question years ago and I think you had me change something in the html/CSS???

IDK...I'm lost...I have two groups telling me it can't be done but it was working fine up until I upgraded.  This is why I hate upgrading, lol

Hi,

To be honest I'm lost too

I haven't changed anything regarding user profiles 

EVERYTHING in user profile images MUST be same as default IPS theme. Not a bit of code is changed or modified on my side.

If things were different before or if I have provided you with some css to customize the profile pictures years ago or something like that then you might need to update the code again.

 

let me know how do you want your user profile pictures to be so I can provide you some css code to put in custom.css 🙂

 

 

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

To be honest I'm lost too

I haven't changed anything regarding user profiles 

EVERYTHING in user profile images MUST be same as default IPS theme. Not a bit of code is changed or modified on my side.

If things were different before or if I have provided you with some css to customize the profile pictures years ago or something like that then you might need to update the code again.

 

let me know how do you want your user profile pictures to be so I can provide you some css code to put in custom.css 🙂

 

 

Thank you, I think my previous setting were 200 x 225 px display size.  

 

Thanks again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After installing the latest theme update, the slider stopped working, constantly showing that the slide is loading, but nothing happens. I don't even know where to dig, I see that the update just introduced changes to the slider. IPS 4.5.4.2

slider.thumb.jpg.55bf82fed4f17750206a5e8f0ca44ead.jpg

Edited by xDealer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, xDealer said:

After installing the latest theme update, the slider stopped working, constantly showing that the slide is loading, but nothing happens. I don't even know where to dig, I see that the update just introduced changes to the slider.

slider.thumb.jpg.55bf82fed4f17750206a5e8f0ca44ead.jpg

9 minutes ago, xDealer said:

Also, the go back to top button, which always appeared at the bottom left after scrolling down the page, has disappeared.

 

Hi,

i just instilled the update on my website and everything is fine with the slider. including the "go back to top" button.

If you have modified templates then during theme updating you should be getting a window popup indicating that you have modified templates. you will need to select the newer version of templates during theme update.

if you haven't done that and you choose to select your customized templates during theme update then this is probably why the slider doesnt work or the back to top button

 

a re installation will fix the issue.

if you dont want to reinstall because of customization's then try to make a copy of the current theme you have and then delete it. ACP > Customization's > Themes

after that reinstall magnum theme from marketplace and copy paste your customizations from the theme you copied to the new one. but i strongly suggest you not to modify any kind of templates but custom.css.

Edited by TAMAN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

 

Hi,

i just instilled the update on my website and everything is fine with the slider. including the "go back to top" button.

If you have modified templates then during theme updating you should be getting a window popup indicating that you have modified templates. you will need to select the newer version of templates during theme update.

if you haven't done that and you choose to select your customized templates during theme update then this is probably why the slider doesnt work or the back to top button

 

a re installation will fix the issue.

if you dont want to reinstall because of customization's then try to make a copy of the current theme you have and then delete it. ACP > Customization's > Themes

after that reinstall magnum theme from marketplace and copy paste your customizations from the theme you copied to the new one. but i strongly suggest you not to modify any kind of templates but custom.css.

Reinstalling helped, it is strange that when installing the update, I was not offered any actions for combining or editing styles. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kotaco said:

Unsure if this is known, but working on a fresh install and I noticed the Guidelines / Privacy Policy / TOS pages all have this issue where the content width is not matching the rest of the site:

UJufDB.jpg

Hi,

Please add the below code to custom.css to fix it

.ipsLayout_minimal .ipsLayout_container { max-width: var(--layout-width) }

You can remove this when next theme update is available 🙂 

Thanks for reporting 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Soluna16 said:

When I try to install this theme I get this error during the install.

 

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

1S111/1 Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x99\x82\x0D\x0A...' for column 'sc_content' at row 1

Do you install it manually or from IPS Marketplace in ACP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TAMAN said:

Do you install it manually or from IPS Marketplace in ACP

 

Thanks for the quick response! From the IPS Marketplace in ACP - I just updated to 4.5 this morning. It suggest that I install it manually. But I don't think there's a way to do that now?

Edited by Soluna16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Soluna16 said:

 

Thanks for the quick response! From the IPS Marketplace in ACP - I just updated to 4.5 this morning. It suggest that I install it manually. But I don't think there's a way to do that now?

mmm this should not happen! you dont need to install it manually its difficult for updates

Try to run the support tools here 

ACP > System  > Support > Something isn't working correctly.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

mmm this should not happen! you dont need to install it manually its difficult for updates

Try to run the support tools here 

ACP > System  > Support > Something isn't working correctly.

 

 

Tried that, no issues. I'm also having this error with your Infraskew theme but no one else's themes if that helps.

Edited by Soluna16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Soluna16 said:

 

Tried that, no issues. I'm also having this error with your Infraskew theme but no one else's themes if that helps.

Please file a ticket to IPS maybe you have the same issue on other themes or plugins/apps

i just tested and i didnt have any problem installing it from marketplace in latest ips version 

I can send you a copy of the theme to install it manually, however this issue will have to be fixed otherwise its not appropriate to always send you a copy of new versions i release in ips marketplace i hope this makes sense 🙂  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TAMAN said:

Please file a ticket to IPS maybe you have the same issue on other themes or plugins/apps

i just tested and i didnt have any problem installing it from marketplace in latest ips version 

I can send you a copy of the theme to install it manually, however this issue will have to be fixed otherwise its not appropriate to always send you a copy of new versions i release in ips marketplace i hope this makes sense 🙂  

 

Yeah this sounds good and I'll let you know what they say or if I figure it out, if you could send me a manual copy for now I would appreciate that so I don't have to take my site down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Please file a ticket to IPS maybe you have the same issue on other themes or plugins/apps

i just tested and i didnt have any problem installing it from marketplace in latest ips version 

I can send you a copy of the theme to install it manually, however this issue will have to be fixed otherwise its not appropriate to always send you a copy of new versions i release in ips marketplace i hope this makes sense 🙂  

 

I filed a support and received a reply. IPB told me that it's an issue with the Magnum Theme and they do not support 3rd party files and can't do anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soluna16 said:

 

I filed a support and received a reply. IPB told me that it's an issue with the Magnum Theme and they do not support 3rd party files and can't do anything.

Weird the way i see it you are the only one haven this issue. the theme installs without any problem in the marketplace, plus it doesn't make sense if they say its a problem in Magunm theme and cant be installed from their marketplace. how did they even accept it in the first place if it doesn't install! whats the point of waiting 24 hours for a theme to be approved by ips lol

if you want to send me a login info i will check it myself otherwise i cant make anything out of the error so to check it on my side 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I didn’t find anything about it. I was wondering if it is possible to have the slider appear on mobile as well? I couldn’t find anything in settings. If not included, is there a workaround?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Chala said:

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I didn’t find anything about it. I was wondering if it is possible to have the slider appear on mobile as well? I couldn’t find anything in settings. If not included, is there a workaround?

You mean the slider does not appear on mobile?

Should not happen maybe you have some css that hides it?

I can help if you provide a link 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, TAMAN said:

You mean the slider does not appear on mobile?

Should not happen maybe you have some css that hides it?

I can help if you provide a link 🙂

Sure! resindistrict.com. I haven't edited any code. I've only changed the colors and background so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Chala said:

Sure! resindistrict.com. I haven't edited any code. I've only changed the colors and background so far.

Please update your theme to latest version i cant find any issues like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Please update your theme to latest version i cant find any issues like this.

Im really confused. I installed the theme last week. It is the latest version.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 2.08.24 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chala said:

Im really confused. I installed the theme last week. It is the latest version.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 2.08.24 PM.png

I just checked your website looks like this only happens if you have enabled only one slider and you do not have anything in the content or title settings in the slider settings 674b6657d5d03d2fdc651aa6bfea8a6e.png

should not happen and i will fix it on the next version 

if you wanted to do a quick fix for now with custom.css template

just add this line 

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){ .ta_themeSlider, .swiper-slide { height: {theme="slider_height"}px; } }

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I was trying to wrap my head around this but haven't figured it out just yet.

I am attempting to adjust my user group formatting based on the theme selected. It's fairly straight forward for the custom palettes.. I have each group setup with it's own class tag within a <span>. 

<span class="grpAdmin">Admin</span>

I then added a custom theme variable to each palette, for example:

--theme-grpAdmin:255,255,255;

and then setup some CSS in the custom.css

.grpAdmin{
color: rgb(var(--theme-grpAdmin));
}

This works great in allowing me to set 5 custom colors based on the users palette choice. But the default palette returns no styling for the group class, I assume because there is no option set for that in the theme editor. Any chance you can point me in the right direction to get this working?

 

EDIT: Figured it out. Had to go into designers mode and add some custom settings for the default. Im guessing those will get overwritten with updates, but at least I know how to do it now 🙂

Edited by kotaco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I just checked your website looks like this only happens if you have enabled only one slider and you do not have anything in the content or title settings in the slider settings 674b6657d5d03d2fdc651aa6bfea8a6e.png

should not happen and i will fix it on the next version 

if you wanted to do a quick fix for now with custom.css template

just add this line 


@media screen and (max-width: 979px){ .ta_themeSlider, .swiper-slide { height: {theme="slider_height"}px; } }

 

That worked! Thanks so much! And thanks for the awesome theme. I love it 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...