Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

Hi @TAMAN,

I want to punch up which forums have unread posts in it.  Is there a way to change the opactiy of "read forum icons" or even set them greyscale?   

As you see from the screenshot below, there is little difference between unread posts (general discussion) and read posts (entertainment)

image.png.41c1a6a2f4a21d8c3fb4964b3f970c34.png

36 minutes ago, KPDub said:

Hi @TAMAN,

I want to punch up which forums have unread posts in it.  Is there a way to change the opactiy of "read forum icons" or even set them greyscale?   

As you see from the screenshot below, there is little difference between unread posts (general discussion) and read posts (entertainment)

image.png.41c1a6a2f4a21d8c3fb4964b3f970c34.png

Paste this in custom.css and change the value 🙂 

img.ipsItemStatus.ipsItemStatus_read {
    opacity: 0.6;
}

Edited by TAMAN
On 8/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, Mikuru // X said:

Hello! Having a small issue after just upgrading to 4.5 although I don't know if that is the cause of this happening. Basically, my user avatars are huge.

this was already fixed but all my themes got rejected in marketplace due to wrong version numbers 

i will have to re-upload them again and it might take sometime 

-

it took me 2 hours taking screenshots adding the update information and all that stuff then it all got rejected and deleted by ips 

Hi @TAMAN - using your Magnum theme. I changed the colors for the footer, social links and background but it is erratic. Some pages pick up the changes, some do not, and some changes made - I just cannot see the changes made.

I have tried with firefox, chrome and deleted the cache, restarted the browsers, and even use my mobile phone. The changes I specified in the Footer, or Palette does not correspond to the webpage.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, beowulf68 said:

Hi @TAMAN - using your Magnum theme. I changed the colors for the footer, social links and background but it is erratic. Some pages pick up the changes, some do not, and some changes made - I just cannot see the changes made.

I have tried with firefox, chrome and deleted the cache, restarted the browsers, and even use my mobile phone. The changes I specified in the Footer, or Palette does not correspond to the webpage.

Thanks!

Hi,

When you change theme colors, do NOT touche the palette buttons afterwards, because palette simply copies a bunch of colors codes to ALL your theme settings so to make a dark/light... color scheme. it means if you have customized colors and then after that clicking a palette color scheme, you will lose all your previous color customizations. thats basically what palette is for,

But here is a good news

there is a new version uploaded in marketplace and waiting to be approved by IPS.

with the new version you can customize each of the color schemes in palette separately 

you could even export your customized colors now

560668920_EditingMagnumTheme_20200823192930.thumb.png.f59d2b71332227ce6ea8f5517ed8df38.png

Hi @TAMAN,

When I try to go to Marketplace to upgrade the theme, the Marketplace won't load and I get the error, below. The theme is working on the front end, but I couldn't download the 4.5-compatible version before upgrading, and now I don't seem to be able to upgrade through the new Marketplace interface.

UnexpectedValueException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/105104/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(737): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('marketplace')
#1 /var/www/html/105104/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(99): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->_customHeader('128d07d78d006ad...')
#2 /var/www/html/105104/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->manage()
#3 /var/www/html/105104/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/105104/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/105104/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Thank you for your help on this! I hope I didn't upgrade too hastily.

15 minutes ago, Kim Werker said:

Hi @TAMAN,

When I try to go to Marketplace to upgrade the theme, the Marketplace won't load and I get the error, below. The theme is working on the front end, but I couldn't download the 4.5-compatible version before upgrading, and now I don't seem to be able to upgrade through the new Marketplace interface.

Thank you for your help on this! I hope I didn't upgrade too hastily.

Sorry i dont know whats the issue on your side.

you need to contact IPS about this

this is unrelated to magnum theme

if you are unsure whether your problem is related to this theme or something else.. message me first i can always answer faster 👍

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 6:21 PM, EmpireKicking said:

Hello, As image shows in all that is white, What's the name under that in the settings to chnage the colour? 

reyeryreyreyreyre.thumb.PNG.b8882f54bca240299085b63cd1e9a37d.PNG

Hi,

This is Section Title Bar color
located in widgets & titles tab

7 hours ago, zelgadis said:

Hello,
I show Pages records in the slider, but the slider does not truncate content.

slider_options.jpg.d4f11ccf0b493662eaab73fe4ad7ac6f.jpg

slider.thumb.jpg.e4220751466213154dcb5b6a7e0d0826.jpg

@zelgadis

I can not reproduce the issue on my side.

try to delete the template ta_themes_pages_slider

ACP > Pages > Templates

then re-download it from magnum theme in marketplace 

upload it again and reset the block 

Edited by TAMAN

I seem to have lost the mobile nav menu with the last update. It works ok on default, but not on Magnum.

I have a feeling I might not have updated the theme properly. When it showed the differences after the update for the templates, I clicked the save button at the bottom instead of selecting the new set on the right?  Is that likely the problem? Did I not update my templates properly? Sorry, its been a while since I messed with this. 

UPDATE: I fixed it by reverting the global template. I wonder if any other templates should be reverted to apply any updates. 

Edited by dunefreak
4 hours ago, dunefreak said:

, I clicked the save button at the bottom instead of selecting the new set on the right?  Is that likely the problem? Did I not update my templates properly?

Hi,

Yes this means you haven't updated the templates

globalTemplate and navBar template needs to be updated for the theme to work properly.

This two templates are the only ones modified by me if you have any other modified templates you will need to check them manually.

But there are also a bunch of custom templates in Magnum Theme they also need to be updated 

A quick solution to save u the headache 

Make a copy of your current theme

Then delete the original theme. (The one with ips marketplace tag on it.)

After that reinstall Magnum Theme from ips marketplace.

And then if you have customizations you don't want to lose like colors or whatever... simply copy paste from the version you copied

Edited by TAMAN
16 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

Yes this means you haven't updated the templates

globalTemplate and navBar template needs to be updated for the theme to work properly.

This two templates are the only ones modified by me if you have any other modified templates you will need to check them manually.

But there are also a bunch of custom templates in Magnum Theme they also need to be updated 

A quick solution to save u the headache 

Make a copy of your current theme

Then delete the original theme. (The one with ips marketplace tag on it.)

After that reinstall Magnum Theme from ips marketplace.

And then if you have customizations you don't want to lose like colors or whatever... simply copy paste from the version you copied

Thanks buddy. That worked out well. 

Quick request...can I move the "back to top of page" arrow to the right side of the screen? I have the light/dark theme selector disabled and would like the arrow on the right instead. 

4 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

Thanks buddy. That worked out well. 

Quick request...can I move the "back to top of page" arrow to the right side of the screen? I have the light/dark theme selector disabled and would like the arrow on the right instead. 

sure

add in custom.css 

.ta_back-to-top {
    right: 25px;
}

3 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

I don't think that worked. I found it in the baseframework.css and changed it with good results, but the custom css did not do the trick. Are we missing something? 

sorry this should work

.ta_back-to-top {
	left: auto;
    right: 25px;
}