Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 3:18 PM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Is it possible to make the mobile header sticky?

It would be brilliant if this was possible

Sure 

just add this into custom.css

#elMobileNav {
    position: sticky;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 999999999;
}

10 hours ago, Unlucky said:

HI,

I have just added that code but it's not working on my android mobile in chrome browser

Hi,

Sorry try this maybe

#elMobileNav {
	position: -webkit-sticky;
	position: sticky;
	top: 0;
	z-index: 999999999;
}

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there @TAMAN 

I recently went to change/update my Facebook share image and now it doesn't work.  I simply deleted the old image and uploaded a new one. 

When I use Facebook's debugger tool, it is telling me this...

Invalid Image Content Type

Provided og:image URL, https://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/uploads/ could not be processed as an image because it has an invalid content type.
I have tried different sizes and file types, but no matter what Facebook scrapes the image file name as https://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/uploads/

I contacted IPS support and they said it was an issue with my theme being outdated. 

I would suggest contacting the author of your custom theme. When I switch to an unmodified theme, I am not seeing this issue present and the full image URL for your sharer image is appearing in the HTML. Likely your theme is out of date here and causing this particular issue.

Does that sound right? I didn't think it was something to do with the theme. 

1313851426_shareimage.thumb.jpg.974671445e608ca5d79183c59f50bf69.jpg

Thanks for your help

On 4/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, dunefreak said:

Does that sound right? I didn't think it was something to do with the theme. 

Hi,

Well it could be the theme if you have edited the templates

Try to revert this HTML template in the theme back to default 

includeMeta

--

If that does not fix try to download the latest theme file in Marketplace and update. "Make sure to select the new version of templates during theme update"

Edit:

If still no hope then the last thing you might need to is checking your IPS storage settings maybe 😕 

I also I just used https://ipskit.com and uploaded this image to test 

https://easysunday.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1200x630.jpg

the image showed up fine in facebook when i shared a topic in facebook

Edited by TAMAN
On 4/4/2020 at 11:51 AM, TAMAN said:

Hi,

Well it could be the theme if you have edited the templates

Try to revert this HTML template in the theme back to default 

includeMeta

--

If that does not fix try to download the latest theme file in Marketplace and update. "Make sure to select the new version of templates during theme update"

Reverting the includeMeta template fixed it. I also made sure the theme version was current. That did the trick. Thanks as always TAMAN! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya @TAMAN

I got another issue in which I can't figure out. My articles ended up not showing and I have contacted IPB about it to see if it was something with IPB but they've stated to me that it has to do with the theme so it's the reason I'm contacting you again. I wanted to see if you would have any suggestions to this:

image.thumb.png.91963ae940098f8a145c56ce1e123947.png

This is the full content of the error box:

ErrorException: template_store_missing template_cms_d262041bb2b0df100e04be4050ef0a8d_s1_two_column_first_featured (0)
#0 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(552): IPS\cms\_Theme->getTemplate('s1_two_column_f...', 'cms', 'database')
#1 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(142): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_m03_20_20_s1_two_column_first_featured->index(Object(IPS\cms\Databases), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array)
#2 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(51): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->view()
#3 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->manage()
#4 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(347): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(4316) : eval()'d code(16): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1252): IPS\Theme\content_pages_10()
#7 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2235): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#8 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(112): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#9 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#10 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#11 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home4/animeto5/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /home4/animeto5/public_html/index.php(42): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

:: UPDATE ::

Okay, as it turns out, it's an issue with the article template so now I can't use the one I've used that came with the theme. So now I'm trying to fix it.

:: FINAL UPDATE ::

Fixed the issue so no need to look into this. 

Edited by Mikuru // X

Hello @TAMAN

Thanks for making this wonderful theme. I have a bug to report though... :ph34r:

The social link overlap the gallery right arrow when an image is displayed in full size

Here's an example with or without the social link enabled

Cattura.thumb.PNG.31ab48f7ae02378349063f9ef5c2c077.PNG -> Cattura2.thumb.PNG.96ddf2067d0138aa377c842256727e46.PNG

To reproduce this problem you need to have the social links enabled on the side of the page, and then go to the gallery and open an image in full-screen mode

Thanks in advance for the help!

59 minutes ago, EmaxDev said:

Hello @TAMAN

Thanks for making this wonderful theme. I have a bug to report though... :ph34r:

The social link overlap the gallery right arrow when an image is displayed in full size

Here's an example with or without the social link enabled

To reproduce this problem you need to have the social links enabled on the side of the page, and then go to the gallery and open an image in full-screen mode

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi, 

I just updated the theme file in marketplace download and update your theme.

the social links on sidebar is now behind modal windows and not just on full screen window 

Thanks for reporting 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN

Hello @TAMAN,

Many thanks for continue developing and supporting this theme. I have a few questions to ask:

1) I heavily modified your theme's CSS files in order to fit my site's preference. The elements that got modified are so huge that I have to keep track what I changed. I realize that these modified elements will be overwritten every time I upgraded your theme. Therefore, I would like to know if it safe to move these modified elements into customs.css instead. Will it cause any conflict with your theme in the future release?

1.thumb.png.5ebe47319b7cdfa41b2a8869284c728b.png

2) I would like to change the font being used on the News Ticker but I found no option to do this on the theme's setting. I had to do designer's mode and modified your JavaScript directly. (ta-library-1.0.7.js) Could you please provide the option to do this directly on your theme's setting? Maybe using the same from from theme.headline_font setting?

2.thumb.png.dfa6942c27711937fb14de307c8c7b58.png

Thank you in advance for your support and stay safe!

6 hours ago, Foolboy said:

Hello @TAMAN,

Many thanks for continue developing and supporting this theme. I have a few questions to ask:

1) I heavily modified your theme's CSS files in order to fit my site's preference. The elements that got modified are so huge that I have to keep track what I changed. I realize that these modified elements will be overwritten every time I upgraded your theme. Therefore, I would like to know if it safe to move these modified elements into customs.css instead. Will it cause any conflict with your theme in the future release?

Hello,

No it will cause conflict and it is wrong to copy paste everything from another template to custom.css

also, dont modify any CSS/HTML templates as this will always cause the theme not to function properly on new IPS versions. 

Use custom.css for ALL your styling and customization's you can literally do everything you want with styles and without touching a single other css template 😉 

How to use custom.css? Say for example you edited a css template to change a color. you dont need to do that! just copy the css for the color and paste it inside custom.css then change the color code 

2) I would like to change the font being used on the News Ticker but I found no option to do this on the theme's setting. I had to do designer's mode and modified your JavaScript directly. (ta-library-1.0.7.js) Could you please provide the option to do this directly on your theme's setting? Maybe using the same from from theme.headline_font setting?

There is no no need to enable designer mode editing javascript to change a font.

simply use css to change font

you can also just post how to change a font here in forums, im sure there is always someone to help. you could also ask it here in my support topics i can always help with small customizations like font/color text size or whatever 🙂 

Thank you too! 

be safe

Edited by TAMAN
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @TAMAN, maybe the subject has already been discussed but
Is it possible to vertically align the subcategories rather than following which is by default on ipboard 

Forum

• sub forum
  • sub forum
  • sub ...

and not

• sub forun, sub forum, sub forum ....

Thank's in advance

Edited by James LUCAS
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, thomasdw said:

PS Magnum Theme LOF White Update Available!

Customized Version: 4.2.6. Theme created by: Taman.

Hi!
yesterday it was working fine - then it stopped
I have an older 4.2.1 which is working, so I loaded it
the default works as well - only the 4.2.6 has a problem.
how can I make it work again ?
thanks
Thomas

Hi,

please explain the issue in details 

what is stopped? what is not working?

what do you see when you visit your website? what is not working there?

Edited by TAMAN
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To quickly fix the recent swiper slider not loading

77e81d0680b0278e960865b9e9824a90.png

Find and replace the below line 

<script src="https://unpkg.com/swiper/js/swiper.min.js"></script>

with this line

<script src="https://unpkg.com/swiper/swiper-bundle.min.js"></script>

screenshot to show how to search the line and replace

f30fed86c5e753aa1b614535937d0062.png

after that repeat the same thing for below line

find

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/swiper/css/swiper.min.css">

replace with

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/swiper/swiper-bundle.min.css">

---------

Sorry for any issues, this is all fixed in the new theme version for ips 4.5 and its ready to be uploaded once IPS release 4.5 version

If you are using the Beta version of IPS 4.5 feel free to send me a message for the updated version of this theme 🙂 

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @TAMAN

This occured before I recently installed the 4.5 Beta onto my site server but for some reason, the news slider is stuck in eternal loading along with taking up a good portion of the site that you can't use none of the navigation options and such:

image.thumb.png.b4bae07392ebad2dbe216888037bca45.png

I wasn't certain if this was an issue with IPB or the theme itself so I tried asking IPB about it but never got a response back (guess they won't help with issues regarding the beta until its out) so I'm trying to see if this something that has to do with the theme or such (I'm currently using the version for the IPB beta)?

Hello,

2 hours ago, Mikuru // X said:

I recently installed the 4.5 Beta

This theme in marketplace for 4.5 is too old for a beta and i cant just upload another updated theme because of how IPS handles new submission

so i will wait until ips releases 4.5 then i will update the theme in marketplace 

if you need to use this theme for ips 4.5 Beta, please message me i can send you a stable version that supports latest ips 4.5 beta 🙂

Edited by TAMAN
  • 4 weeks later...