Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

Where I can change those colors? 

image.png.da4b76e844028ed57a3786dd6eb3f237.png

EDIT: Done it here.
Added in custom css: .ipsMenu_item>a:not( .ipsMenu_itemInline ),.ipsMenu_item>span:not( .ipsMenu_itemInline )
{color:#FFFFFF !important;}

How I can change it here?
image.png.e3d74d49814abf305e31849244aa847d.png

Edited by Iwooo

Hi @TAMAN,

Are there any plans as per a previous discussion for an option to make the slider block only visible on the splash page?  I think that would be amazing, since some of us use that as a front-page promo for newcomers to the site but don't necessarily want it on every page, e.g. articles being read by people who are already members of the site.

I can only speak for myself by saying that this option would be a huge plus, but I think others here have mentioned that too.  So please think about this and keep making great stuff. ?

1 hour ago, liquidfractal said:

Hi @TAMAN,

Are there any plans as per a previous discussion for an option to make the slider block only visible on the splash page?  I think that would be amazing, since some of us use that as a front-page promo for newcomers to the site but don't necessarily want it on every page, e.g. articles being read by people who are already members of the site.

I can only speak for myself by saying that this option would be a huge plus, but I think others here have mentioned that too.  So please think about this and keep making great stuff. ?

Hi,

Sorry, its not possible with the theme swiper slider. 

But it is possible with the swiper slider application in marketplace you can exclude it from specific pages   ? 

Just now, liquidfractal said:

@TAMAN, just letting you know there is another area taht will need to be fixed for the next release: the user Settings page:

settings.thumb.jpg.f83700d6c7821983b4eb23846155b949.jpg

Thanks!

This is connected with ipsMenu background and color settings

in front-end tab.

you can change it from there

d9bac94039e5f9e8d485ff9e30ecf099.png

3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

This is connected with ipsMenu background and color settings

in front-end tab.

you can change it from there

d9bac94039e5f9e8d485ff9e30ecf099.png

Except that now changing these colours messes with other menus which were fine with the previous colour setup.  Below, the blue background around the Spaces tiles is not something I want but making it light again will bring back the problem I had with the Settings menu:

spaces.jpg.bec5d8afd4a4cd2744dfff1b97eb5897.jpg

So is there custom code for the Settings page?  Because changing ipsMenu background hover, for example, also changes the background hover menu options on the splash page menus (in the Sticky Heading).  SO I need precise control over the Settings page so nothing else gets changed.

Edited by liquidfractal

Except that now changing these colours messes with other menus which were fine with the previous colour setup.  Below, the blue background around the Spaces tiles is not something I want but making it light again will bring back the problem I had with the Settings menu:

spaces.jpg.bec5d8afd4a4cd2744dfff1b97eb5897.jpg

So is there custom code for the Settings page?

This should not happen! ipsMenus is the popup menus only 

anyways, This does not happen in my side with the new update that comes soon. so i have probably fixed it, Unless you use some custom css that changes that background with ipsMenu settings in this case i need a link to check

Edited by TAMAN

Version 4.2.2

This is a BIG update, if you haven't customized colors, or, if you feel ok losing your color customization's then simply install this version as a new theme. ? 

otherwise, when you download this version there is an update Chanellog folder contains instruction file to read on how to update, no worries its simple ? 

UPDATE CHANGELOG
-4.2.2: Refreshed the design Dark/Light colors.
-4.2.2: Redesigned Toggles/Forms/Checkbox styles. 
-4.2.2: Redesigned Palette tab.
-4.2.2: Rearranging navigation colors settings.
-4.2.2: Moved Editor color customization to Forms & Toggles tab. Moved all ipsMenu settings to Header & Navigation tab.
-4.2.2: Deleted settings, ( icon shadows, News ticker border separator, quick search border color & border radius, widget padding, sidebar widget background ).
-4.2.2: Updated Swiper Slider to latest version.

Just now, Katya Tomova said:

Hello,

Could you tell me if Magnum v3.1.1 is compatible with IP 4.3 ? We have it currently on 4.2.

Want to upgrade but I am not sure if it will not change something unexpectedly.

No, only magnum version 4.1.8 and above works with ips 4.3

if you're updating to latest ips version then update the theme to latest version as well ? 

Ok I just upgraded to 4.2.2 and a bunch of things are broken.  I followed EXACTLY the directions to upgrade without losing customisations: I deleted the two CSS files indicated and then Uploaded a New Version.

- can't set background image, even with your Background Picker

- there used to be an option where menu options were condensed into a "MORE" option at the right the use could click.  Now I get this:

magnum1.thumb.jpg.291b286f675f92eec9aa9e94e6fe12c9.jpg

and I have to rearrange the entire menu to get rid of these spilled-out options.

As I mentioned before, teh Fluid View forums view has NOT been fixed

magnum2.thumb.jpg.a6bb3e76efa16dbdd03eb747b9dda67f.jpg

(You can also see the terrrible top menu situation)

And the previous option (below) has NOT been solved:

It's getting so that I'm afraid to update this theme because something ALWAYS breaks.

Edited by liquidfractal

@liquidfractal I just did a quick patch fixing the issues you mentioned 

as for this

- can't set background image, even with your Background Picker

The problem is in your side only. you have installed and enabled this plugin below

But, if you don't use it, then disable it. this plugin overrides any background images added to body tag but again you dont use it, you just enabled the plugin and you want to use the background image in the theme! if you have enabled this plugin or trying to use it then forget about the theme background image and start using the plugin. or disable it and use the theme background image.

It's getting so that I'm afraid to update this theme because something ALWAYS breaks.

That was the "More" drop down menu i break with the latest update. its not like im always breaking something man that was "one" thing xD shT happens sometimes, im not perfect BUT, i fixed it one hour after you reported if that's not fast enough for you then I'm not sure what else i can do about it because like it or not, this kind of situations will happen

the other color issues was never something i broke with the update it was simply not fixed.

Edited by TAMAN

Couple of issues but I don't know if they can be changed/altered.

The IPSmenu font, this obviously affects the drop down user menu but it also changes the colour of the text in the search page. Is there a way to seperate these?
(The issue for me is that I need the drop down menu as white and the text on the search page to be black)

Background image on footer opacity set to 0.5 but this also affects the font, but I don't think it should (bug?).

Capture4.thumb.JPG.2f2a8ec9b4d9586e79888a9aafcc9ee0.JPG

Just now, CP_User said:

The IPSmenu font, this obviously affects the drop down user menu but it also changes the colour of the text in the search page. Is there a way to seperate these?
(The issue for me is that I need the drop down menu as white and the text on the search page to be black)

Change the color with a custom css

#elTabs_search_content span.ipsSideMenu_item {
    color: #000;
}

I will try to find a better solution for ipsSideMenu's, probably adding a set of colors just like ipsMenu. no promises tho xD 

Just now, CP_User said:

Background image on footer opacity set to 0.5 but this also affects the font, but I don't think it should (bug?).

Not a bug, and yea the opacity sets to the whole area, and it was intentional. but I just did a quick patch right now and the opacity should apply on the image only

re-download and update ? 

13 hours ago, TAMAN said:

That was the "More" drop down menu i break with the latest update. its not like im always breaking something man that was "one" thing xD shT happens sometimes, im not perfect BUT, i fixed it one hour after you reported if that's not fast enough for you then I'm not sure what else i can do about it because like it or not, this kind of situations will happen

Thanks for the patch @TAMAN - worked fine.  And for some reason the background issue worked itself out even though it didn't when I cleared the cache and CTRL-F5ed myself into oblivion (had disabled the background picker from the start).  But hey - if it 'aint broke don't fix it.

Just let me clarify - I wasn't directing that at you personally; I was more expressing the fact that I felt cursed because everything seemed to glitch up (and yes, as you say shT happens!) right when I was preparing the site for research groups and a few clients and everything happened at exactly the wrong time.  Just exasperated at that moment, that's all.  I continue to appreciate the fine work you do on the theme, and apologies for any misunderstanding of what I said. :smile:

Just let me clarify - I wasn't directing that at you personally; I was more expressing the fact that I felt cursed because everything seemed to glitch up (and yes, as you say shT happens!) right when I was preparing the site for research groups and a few clients and everything happened at exactly the wrong time.  Just exasperated at that moment, that's all.  I continue to appreciate the fine work you do on the theme, and apologies for any misunderstanding of what I said. :smile:

Its ok ? 

and again, im sorry for the problem, it just i didn't notice it because all new version of my themes were installed in a new ips suite in my localhost and there are only a couple menus by default therefore there is no "More" drop down. thats why it seemed totally fine to me when i updated the theme.

Please let me know if i can help on anything else

Have a lovely day.