Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

Just now, liquidfractal said:

Yep, our settings seem identical:

magnumbg.thumb.jpg.c6abe3ad01c648d63f9f9b79283b0a6d.jpg

If you want to check the main site, go to https://www.liquidfractal.org.  The default theme is completely different, but I have made both LF_Fractal (old install of Magnum) and IPS Magnum theme available to guests.

I can see that the background image is loaded but it doesn't show because you have this plugin enabled

either use the pluign to add background image or disable this setting from the plugin 

Remove body backgrounds.

BackgroundPickerSlideshowimages-min-min.

Edited by TAMAN

Actually, that's disabled in my adminCP (sorry!).

Then you have this custom css somewhere

body.ipsApp.ipsApp_front,
body.ipsApp.ipsApp_front:before {
    background-image: none !important;
}

perhaps it comes from another app/pluign

try to disable your plugins to check which one causes this 

--

The theme is fine. the issue is on your side that the above custom css is loaded and causes the magnum theme background image not to show

Argh...right now I have a glitch in my Templates section since the upgrade which doesn't let me see CSS and JS when I click the tabs. ?

Ok, thanks TAMAN...I will have to disable and re-enable to find out what's going on.

Thanks a lot for all your help. ?

No worries ? 

Actually, I'll add for the record that using Backstretch has solved the problem of the background image.  It's not a perfect solution for me (I hate not knowing when and where apps or plugins conflict!), but since I'm showcasing the site for a job interview this Friday it will do the job.

Looking back at all the recent posts, I also want to thank you again for all your help on this - it's one of the reasons why you've got the great rep you have here. ?

Actually, I'll add for the record that using Backstretch has solved the problem of the background image.  It's not a perfect solution for me (I hate not knowing when and where apps or plugins conflict!), but since I'm showcasing the site for a job interview this Friday it will do the job.

Looking back at all the recent posts, I also want to thank you again for all your help on this - it's one of the reasons why you've got the great rep you have here. ?

You're most welcome! ? 

Let me know if i can help on anything else, again, feel free to send a message so i can check the issue any time you want ? 

Have a lovely day.

13 minutes ago, ntrivilino@alice.it said:

in the editor, how i can modify this menu background and text colors? thanks

Cattura.JPG

this is NOT editor 

please be specific when asking questions

this is drop down menus and it has nothing to do with editor ? 

to customize this drop down menu colors like the image you posted above 

Go to Front-End Colors tab,  from there find the color settings listed as 

ipsMenu: background, ipsMenu: font color, ipsMenu: background hover...etc  

a86a17d3e485fcdfe8cdd6a4f29c9cba.png&key

Edited by TAMAN

Version 4.2.0

• Minor bug fixes and improvements.
  • Added setting ipsMenu font hover.
  • Redesigned Guest terms of service confirmation bar.
  • News Ticker - Fixing the glitch of the small circle icons between the tickers when disappearing nearing the end side.

42 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Any chance we could have the option of having menu positions like on the left, right, or top of the site? Same with the users menu and search bar and logo locations.

You mean the navigation text alignment?

if so its already in the settings ? 

aa0ee547c4002774bf92ae660a93ea6b.png

Edited by TAMAN
8 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

No, I mean the actual menu. I have been looking for themes that have this but I love your theme soo much that I don't want to switch to some other theme just to have the menu in a different location.

camerathemeexample.png

Oh Thats a complete redesigning of header shape this is so called a dashboard UI design, I always wanted to design a dashboard UI theme but too much work lately.

I haven't started a new theme project yet, but a dashboard UI design will b the next one ? 

26 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Oh Thats a complete redesigning of header shape this is so called a dashboard UI design, I always wanted to design a dashboard UI theme but too much work lately.

I haven't started a new theme project yet, but a dashboard UI design will b the next one ? 

I can't wait! Thank you Taman. I would be happy to test one if you need testers.

Edited by Josiah Wallingford

Hey @TAMAN,

Is there custom.css code that would allow us to change the text in the user menu (e.g. the menu that comes up when you click the user name in the top-right corner of the main page - the menu that has CONTENT and SETTINGS headings)?

My problem is this: that menu and the Sign In window are both controlled by ipsMenu background in the Front-end Colors tab.  I changed this background colour's value and the Sign In drop-down window comes up fine, but the text in the user menu is way too dark for the background colour that now shows up on both windows.  I'd like to change that specific text to white or something lighter at any rate.

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind....figured out a good scheme. ?

Edited by liquidfractal
8 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Hey @TAMAN,

Is there custom.css code that would allow us to change the text in the user menu (e.g. the menu that comes up when you click the user name in the top-right corner of the main page - the menu that has CONTENT and SETTINGS headings)?

Hello,

You can use languages to translate 

8 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

My problem is this: that menu and the Sign In window are both controlled by ipsMenu background in the Front-end Colors tab.  I changed this background colour's value and the Sign In drop-down window comes up fine, but the text in the user menu is way too dark for the background colour that now shows up on both windows.  I'd like to change that specific text to white or something lighter at any rate.

In the same place you have two color settings named ipsMenu title background and color

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

You can use languages to translate 

In the same place you have two color settings named ipsMenu title background and color

Thanks....figured it out ?

I do have another question.  In the screenshot below, taken from my splash page:

topedge.thumb.jpg.41028644cde2d42608372f0bbc612c7d.jpg

If you look, you can see a shaded part of the slider screen which seems to extend above the slider image to just below the menu words.  Is this normal?  It looks as it the slider image screen needs to be shortened, but I tried adjusting that value in the adminCP and it didn't do anything.

s

Thanks....figured it out ?

I do have another question.  In the screenshot below, taken from my splash page:

topedge.thumb.jpg.41028644cde2d42608372f0bbc612c7d.jpg

If you look, you can see a shaded part of the slider screen which seems to extend above the slider image to just below the menu words.  Is this normal?  It looks as it the slider image screen needs to be shortened, but I tried adjusting that value in the adminCP and it didn't do anything.

s

This should not happen, unless you made some navbar css customizes?

btw on your website its normal, no issues like the screenshot 

https://www.liquidfractal.org

Edited by TAMAN
2 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

This should not happen, unless you made some navbar css customizes?

btw on your website its normal, no issues like the screenshot 

https://www.liquidfractal.org

Actually, it's still there - you can see the shading extend above where it should be.  I tried redoing the screenshot and indicating with red where the edges extend above the field (the chosen selection in the menu should also highlight the shading):

edges.thumb.jpg.6c41b2c4b67b82fc9c7d8d098252fc62.jpg

and I don't have any customised CSS - all Ive done is change some of the colours from the adminCP menu.

Actually, it's still there - you can see the shading extend above where it should be.  I tried redoing the screenshot and indicating with red where the edges extend above the field (the chosen selection in the menu should also highlight the shading):

edges.thumb.jpg.6c41b2c4b67b82fc9c7d8d098252fc62.jpg

and I don't have any customised CSS - all Ive done is change some of the colours from the adminCP menu.

mmm doesn't happen in my side 

409a062c562214a05ee51ae2400163ef.jpg

What browser do you use?