Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,
I would like to provide my first feedback on the design for the new board version here.

1.) If I click on the icon, no menu is more to appear but I will be forwarded directly to the point

432.thumb.png.a1de6c2cceee66d971510c8a91bc6224.png

2.) In the navigation bar are now partially 2 entries next to each other

4.3.png.870d124d4f3b94f198f34fbac8bec430.png

3.) No words to say :)
Screenshot_22.thumb.png.e3214aec1b1f580f0c2236e8561062be.png

Just now, PasXal said:

Hey,
I would like to provide my first feedback on the design for the new board version here.

1.) If I click on the icon, no menu is more to appear but I will be forwarded directly to the point

Hello,

Sorry i don't understand, what icon? if you talking about userbar icons then nothing comes from the theme, whatever icons you see on userbar its its either the core functionality or comes from a plugins and applications.

Just now, PasXal said:

2.) In the navigation bar are now partially 2 entries next to each other

4.3.png.870d124d4f3b94f198f34fbac8bec430.png

3.) No words to say :)
Screenshot_22.thumb.png.e3214aec1b1f580f0c2236e8561062be.png

have you edited or deleted any any templates? css customization's? 

If so, then please update the theme to recover the changes you have done or try a fresh install  ?

• 3 weeks later...

Version 4.1.8

• IPS 4.3 support.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
  • Some settings have been deprecated on this version for example, ( Body background attachment, Hiding social links on header and footer,).
  • Updated SwiperSlider to latest version.

• Color settings for ipsMenu "Drop-Down menus" has been separated from navigation menu colors, These color settings are in Front-End tab by titles like ( ipsMenu background, ipsMenu background hover, ...etc ).
  • Added ( Color overlay ) effect setting for swiperslider.
  • Added a toggle to show/hide settings related to body background image.

• All Pages templates for the Slider, Footer, News Ticker has been updated and changed in this version. installation and using them are well explained in the theme setting when you try to enable it ? 

• Some colors of the white & dark version of the theme has have been changed, You can take a look at demo pages to check the changes.
    If you haven't customized theme colors then please use the Palette feature to take the updated colors, Simply click on the white or dark options (whichever the one you use) and save ? Remember this options will revert and replace ALL your color settings with default colors. don't use it if you have customized theme color settings.

How to update?

ACP --> Customization ---> Themes

uploadanewversion-min.png

Hi @TAMAN,

Could you please tell me how I can modify the colour of the text in the Image Tools menu when viewing an image in Gallery (in IPB 4.3)?  This is the menu that has the options for Add Note, Rotate, Set As, and Download (at the bottom right corner of the clicked image).  I've already tried a lot of the Text options and none seem to work.  I think this is also the text colour option for the user menu (which appears when you click your name at the top-right corner), so a quick pointer to where I can fix this colour would be much appreciated.

I'm also wondering how I can change the background of the News Ticker.  I know there are options under the News Ticker tab, but on my site the background is transparent, which suggests that the existing background colour (#20253A) isn't working for either the iIcker title or the content.

Thanks!

Edited by liquidfractal

Hello,

Just now, liquidfractal said:

Could you please tell me how I can modify the colour of the text in the Image Tools menu when viewing an image in Gallery (in IPB 4.3)?  This is the menu that has the options for Add Note, Rotate, Set As, and Download (at the bottom right corner of the clicked image).  I've already tried a lot of the Text options and none seem to work.  I think this is also the text colour option for the user menu (which appears when you click your name at the top-right corner), so a quick pointer to where I can fix this colour would be much appreciated.

A screenshot maybe? i cant tell what color you talking about ? 

I'm also wondering how I can change the background of the News Ticker.  I know there are options under the News Ticker tab, but on my site the background is transparent, which suggests that the existing background colour (#20253A) isn't working for either the iIcker title or the content.

The news ticker background color setting works fine, 

check if you have any custom css that changes the background color

Hi @TAMAN,

Here are some screenshots illustrating the menus whose text colour I'd like to change.  These are in Gallery, in the lightbox window when you select an image to view/comment:

magnum02.thumb.jpg.536df95a30ab7e5778ad67e988878f97.jpg

magnum03.thumb.jpg.61b9f59d93766f918402b642c55d612a.jpg

Is there also a way to directly control the News Ticker text?  It seems to be the base text colour, but since it has a transparent background it will conflcit with my background image...

Which brings me to another issue: I cannot set a background image in teh Body tab.  I even deleted the old one, uploaded it again, saved, cleared cache etc. - it won't show up.

Hi @TAMAN,

Here are some screenshots illustrating the menus whose text colour I'd like to change.  These are in Gallery, in the lightbox window when you select an image to view/comment:

magnum02.thumb.jpg.536df95a30ab7e5778ad67e988878f97.jpg

magnum03.thumb.jpg.61b9f59d93766f918402b642c55d612a.jpg

Hello,

It should not look like this, Please update the theme to latest version and makre sure you use the new version  templates when if it asks during the update 

because i can see in the image these areas still uses the old color settings which was all changed in latest version, All drop-down menus are uses a seperated color settings located in front-end tab. read the update channellog in marketplace ? 

Is there also a way to directly control the News Ticker text?  It seems to be the base text colour, but since it has a transparent background it will conflcit with my background image...

The news ticker uses its own font color check the settings

again you must update the theme, this could be the reason it uses the base text color

Which brings me to another issue: I cannot set a background image in teh Body tab.  I even deleted the old one, uploaded it again, saved, cleared cache etc. - it won't show up.

Update the theme ? 

The problem is i think you have updated the theme but during update you didn't choose the new version for the templates.

also, if you haven't done a lot of theme color customization's then simply do a new install all should be fixed ?  

Edited by TAMAN

Doh!  Yeah I missed the templates part - I just updated the main theme file.  But it didn't ask for any other template files during the update process - as per instructions, I just clicked Upload New Version.  I guess I'm missing something?

Not sure what will happen if you update same version twice you might  not get the template updates anymore.

Try a fresh install maybe?

1 minute ago, TAMAN said:

Not sure what will happen if you update same version twice you might  not get the template updates anymore.

Try a fresh install maybe?

Ok....will a complete delete and reinstall put everything in place?  I'm asking because I currently have an issue in my 4.3 adminCP where I cannot see CSS and JS in the Templates tabs, so can't see what my custom.css is.

Ok....will a complete delete and reinstall put everything in place?  I'm asking because I currently have an issue in my 4.3 adminCP where I cannot see CSS and JS in the Templates tabs, so can't see what my custom.css is.

You do NOT need to delete or do anything else of your current theme 

just click add new theme and upload the latest version ? 

Edited by TAMAN
7 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

just click add new theme and upload the latest version ? 

That's exactly what I did the first time, following the instructions on the theme's file page.  When it uploads, I am taken to a compare versions page; the first time I tried it there were several files which were listed as changed, but this time (I am uploading again as we speak) it says that only core/front/custom/ta_base.css has been changed.  In both cases, I just clicked to choose the new version.

I just finished Uploading a New Version again, and I have the same problems.

EDIT: wait a second.  You said "click add new theme" and "upload the latest version".  Aren't these two different things?

Edited by liquidfractal

EDIT: wait a second.  You said "click add new theme" and "upload the latest version".  Aren't these two different things?

Install the theme as a new theme ? 

4acd6c93501ae0f65594d04f6cf6e2fc.png

and i meant by "latest version" is to download the latest version from marketplace and install it ? 

Ok, I do have the latest version.  I thought you meant click the existing theme and "Upload New Version."  So you're saying I should delete the old version completely and just install the new one from scratch?  I know I'll lost my customisations, but I'll get them back somehow.  Thanks!

No, Im not saying to delete your old version

Simply click add New theme and install the latest version ? 

I did mention this on above

you don't have to do anything about your old version, you can keep that in place in case when you want to copy paste your customizations man 

Ok, did exactly that.  Clicked the Add Theme button and uploaded the latest version.  I renamed it from Magnum, and the new upload seems to occupy the same place as the old theme (since there is no new listing in my Themes listing).  The newsticker and the menu text colour issues are fixed, but I still can't set a background image (even after clearing the site and browser cache it doesn't appear).

The update screenshot on the file page is somewhat misleading, as it indicates to use the "Upload a new version" and not, as you suggested, the Add Theme button.  Perhaps that should be changed?

Thanks for clarifying though!

but I still can't set a background image (even after clearing the site and browser cache it doesn't appear).

I just remembered that in magnum theme the body background image is disabled by default, and the body background gradient is being used 

1613777a3b47a7a6c8f52e176364c9f3.png

So make sure to set that field empty otherwise this setting overrides the background image setting, i know this might be confusing i will do some changes in future updates.

The update screenshot on the file page is somewhat misleading, as it indicates to use the "Upload a new version" and not, as you suggested, the Add Theme button.  Perhaps that should be changed?

Thanks for clarifying though!

No. this is for updating

the update didn't work In your side, whatever the reason was..,  so I suggested YOU to do a new install of the theme to fix the issues.

otherwise using "Upload a new version" should work perfectly fine. ? 

1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I just remembered that in magnum theme the body background image is disabled by default, and the body background gradient is being used 

Well, I double-checked this field in my new install and there are no values in teh body background gradient field anyway.  I still have no background image, so it looks like I'll just have to do a new install for whatever reason.  Thanks for your help anyway.

Well, I double-checked this field in my new install and there are no values in teh body background gradient field anyway.  I still have no background image, so it looks like I'll just have to do a new install for whatever reason.  Thanks for your help anyway.

You mean it still doesn't work on a new fresh install? 

Well, just now, after clicking the Add Theme button as you directed, then browsing in the IPS_Magnum_Theme.xml and installing that, now "IPS Magnum theme" appears as a separate theme entry alongside my original install of Magnum, which was renamed to "LF_Fractal."  For some reason the last time I did this procedure it did not appear as a separate entry.

So now, I have LF_Fractal, which is broken, and a fresh install of IPS_Magnum.  I go to the fresh install, clear the background gradient field of all values, upload a background image, save and reload, clear the site cache, ctrl-F5 the main site to do a fresh reload, and no background image.  There are a couple of other issues (with other 3rd party apps, unrelated to this) which have been fixed with the fresh install, but in no case will my selected background image show up.

Well, just now, after clicking the Add Theme button as you directed, then browsing in the IPS_Magnum_Theme.xml and installing that, now "IPS Magnum theme" appears as a separate theme entry alongside my original install of Magnum, which was renamed to "LF_Fractal."  For some reason the last time I did this procedure it did not appear as a separate entry.

So now, I have LF_Fractal, which is broken, and a fresh install of IPS_Magnum.  I go to the fresh install, clear the background gradient field of all values, upload a background image, save and reload, clear the site cache, ctrl-F5 the main site to do a fresh reload, and no background image.  There are a couple of other issues (with other 3rd party apps, unrelated to this) which have been fixed with the fresh install, but in no case will my selected background image show up.

I will double check the background image