Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

1 hour ago, Azurette said:

Oh! Thanks, Taman lol.  One more question, please: Is there a way to add more slides? I'm a few short for my project and tried editing the ta_swiperSlider file, but nothing happened.

Thanks again for all of your help.

You're welcome

there are 5 custom slides if you need more, you better use Pages :) 

21 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Im glad that you like it :) 

I didn't say I like it, I said I love it.

However, I didn't check the mobile template before buying it.
Today I updated my community (all users) to this theme.  Only the moderator knew I was going to change it. surprise !! 

They are thrilled & happy. Specially, with the mobile template. I don't know if you are responsible for that, but they were used to the grid view, and the mobile template uses a kind of traditional view. Everybody is happy posting with the mobiles. 
And this is a very important thing, since more and more members use only the phone.  Using your template is a serious improvement. I will leave a review in the following days.

1 hour ago, gabs007 said:

I didn't say I like it, I said I love it.

However, I didn't check the mobile template before buying it.
Today I updated my community (all users) to this theme.  Only the moderator knew I was going to change it. surprise !! 

They are thrilled & happy. Specially, with the mobile template. I don't know if you are responsible for that, but they were used to the grid view, and the mobile template uses a kind of traditional view. Everybody is happy posting with the mobiles. 
And this is a very important thing, since more and more members use only the phone.  Using your template is a serious improvement. I will leave a review in the following days.

Thank you,

Im glad to hear that you and your members love it, and reviews are highly appreciated, thanks :) 

btw in next few days, maybe a week, i will be releasing next update that adds more settings and improvements to the theme including color settings for quotes/codes you mentioned, If you have any more suggestions feel free to let me know.

On 4/3/2017 at 10:59 PM, TAMAN said:

btw in next few days, maybe a week, i will be releasing next update that adds more settings and improvements to the theme including color settings for quotes/codes you mentioned, If you have any more suggestions feel free to let me know.

This is the list of things that we have noticed so far:

• Not sure if this is related to the template, but all png files now have a halo in the edge, like a small and thin line. It doesn't matter if they are transparent or white. It is a bit disturbing sometimes.
  • When you see an album there is no  "follow this album" option or button. So right now nobody can follow an album.
  • When we paste we are own URL with the ips4 format, the height of the link and the inside is different, and the gap is covered with the background texture ( which is black in our case) and the effect is weird. Picture attached
  • There is no UP  arrow  ( I know this was commented at the beginning of the topic ) but my users insisted specially in the mobile version.

pasteurl.thumb.jpg.01a861f54695e68072e510cabe8c931d.jpg

Edited by gabs007
54 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

This is the list of things that we have noticed so far:

• Not sure if this is related to the template, but all png files now have a halo in the edge, like a small and thin line. It doesn't matter if they are transparent or white. It is a bit disturbing sometimes.
  • When you see an album there is no  "follow this album" option or button. So right now nobody can follow an album.
  • When we paste we are own URL with the ips4 format, the height of the link and the inside is different, and the gap is covered with the background texture ( which is black in our case) and the effect is weird. Picture attached
  • There is no UP  arrow  ( I know this was commented at the beginning of the topic ) but my users insisted specially in the mobile version.

pasteurl.thumb.jpg.01a861f54695e68072e510cabe8c931d.jpg

1. Not sure what you mean by that! what png files exactly? in topic attachments? can you show me an image
  2. I have noticed the issue a couple days ago, it is because this setting in custom tab MaxthonSnap20170306084754.png.30e5af7d515357aaff4cd0674bdee994.png I have already fixed in the new version comes soon.
  3. Totally noted, Thank you :) 
  4. For Page Scroll UP button, there are a couple free plugins in marketplace you can use :) 

Thank you.

Edited by TAMAN

This is the halo thing. It appeared with the new template. It's not something dramatic, but all png's seem to be affected, transparent or not. I haven't checked jpg, 
If this can't be fixed, it's not a big deal

I'm attaching the picture of serveral icons we use to tag reviews. In the past we had all in white, now we have these lines in the edge of every icon. Since I made the icons myself, I know there is no small line in the file, plus it wasn't there before. 

58bcfe0d0fc0f_whitehalo.thumb.jpg.901b89e8afed12f0b37101291984c799.jpg

Edited by gabs007
7 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

This is the halo thing. It appeared with the new template. It's not something dramatic, but all png's seem to be affected, transparent or not. I haven't checked jpg, 
If this can't be fixed, it's not a big deal

I'm attaching the picture of serveral icons we use to tag reviews. In the past we had all in white, now we have these lines in the edge of every icon. Since I made the icons myself, I know there is no small line in the file, plus it wasn't there before. 

58bcfe0d0fc0f_whitehalo.thumb.jpg.901b89e8afed12f0b37101291984c799.jpg

mmm, I still dont underestand, whats wrong with the image?

are you talking about the border separators? the circle around the images? 

Edited by TAMAN
9 hours ago, gabs007 said:

It's the thin line in the border of each image. I'm attaching another image I created to simulate a button. This one used to work fine in the other templates, with the new template the edge of the png shows the thin line. I added a red mark

58bd07a4db325_whitehalo2.jpg.73b76dd77e4a07ca4a806ca9cc38eac9.jpg

Oh, so you're talking about the image borders, the border separators in images are quite useful

i dont think i will make any changes in that, This is not only in magnum theme, in fact i haven't even edited anything of that, it is same as the default ips theme

but it is not really hard to remove it as jcdesign mentioned above you can remove it 

.ipsImage_thumbnailed {
    border: none;
}

If you want to remove it everywhere then

img,.ipsImage {
    border: none;
}

Add it to custom.css :) 

Version 3.1.0 released 

• Minor bug fixes
  • Improvement to Topic view  "All the settings are in Topic view tab"
    Adding new settings to customize Quote background, font and header color.
    Adding new setting to customize the topic separator border color.
  • Adding new settings to customize the Editor toolbar colors.
    MaxthonSnap20170307111151.thumb.png.119a51e98752f355ae9287219f1f1700.png

• many more improvements...

Use MaxthonSnap20170228032814.png.9c5a8b782403379e49b9c6a3d7eca6a8.png.b954dfd42f9f0dd52b0d5fde88994939.png.a639c1652873f2c0b06dab920ee88979.png

Edited by TAMAN

Is there a way to add the breadcrumbs to the mobile version of the site? But be big enough to click, the one thing I hate about the responsive layout of IPS is that you have to click back through each category (unless you click the logo to go back to the homepage).

Thank for the update. 
The new url boxes looks awesome and all my issues have been fixed. :lol:

______

I have a suggestion. Since people seem to be asking for more sliders, I don't think more sliders are going to help. Many people don't reach the 4th slider since they have already scrolled down. I only use the slider on the 1st page, because I think it's very persistent and might upset some users.  However ... 
That made me think.

Wouldn't it be cool, for example if I could load the gallery page with the slider#4 directly, instead of slider#1.  I mean with another order. That might help displaying the right info in the right place. Then I could use the slider on the main page and on the gallery section. No saying showing 1 slider, but just playing with the order. I start with the 4th, and move to the next after elapsed time.

And then I thought. Wouldn't it be even better, if I could decide which slider to show 1st in one specific forum. For example, I have a forum that only professional accounts can see & use. I'd like to display the 5th slider directly.  So ..  if nobody reaches to read the 5th slider after 45 seconds on the main page ( no big deal), well, at least the professional accounts will see the 5th slider directly when they access their private forums. 

Just a suggestion. 

2 hours ago, gabs007 said:

Thank for the update. 
The new url boxes looks awesome and all my issues have been fixed. :lol:

______

I have a suggestion. Since people seem to be asking for more sliders, I don't think more sliders are going to help. Many people don't reach the 4th slider since they have already scrolled down. I only use the slider on the 1st page, because I think it's very persistent and might upset some users.  However ... 
That made me think.

Wouldn't it be cool, for example if I could load the gallery page with the slider#4 directly, instead of slider#1.  I mean with another order. That might help displaying the right info in the right place. Then I could use the slider on the main page and on the gallery section. No saying showing 1 slider, but just playing with the order. I start with the 4th, and move to the next after elapsed time.

And then I thought. Wouldn't it be even better, if I could decide which slider to show 1st in one specific forum. For example, I have a forum that only professional accounts can see & use. I'd like to display the 5th slider directly.  So ..  if nobody reaches to read the 5th slider after 45 seconds on the main page ( no big deal), well, at least the professional accounts will see the 5th slider directly when they access their private forums. 

Just a suggestion. 

Thank you for your suggestions :) I will surly keep that in mind in feature updates 

----

17 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Is there a way to add the breadcrumbs to the mobile version of the site? But be big enough to click, the one thing I hate about the responsive layout of IPS is that you have to click back through each category (unless you click the logo to go back to the homepage).

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){
.ipsApp_front .ipsBreadcrumb {
    display: block;
}

-

2 hours ago, Chris027 said:

Is it possible to use an SVG file as the site logo image?

you need to paste it manually in html templates

21 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){ .ipsApp_front .ipsBreadcrumb { display: block; }

This breaks the slider on desktop view, and is there a way to show the breadcrumb but hide ipsList_inline ipsPos_right too?

Hey Taman.

Theme still working great !!   we all love it. :thumbsup:

As a new suggestion, if it was possible from the theme to allow using html in the announcements, it would be cool. 
I know there are 2 widgets on the marketplace that allow that, but I think we all try to use only the necessary. 

16 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

Hey Taman.

Theme still working great !!   we all love it. :thumbsup:

As a new suggestion, if it was possible from the theme to allow using html in the announcements, it would be cool. 
I know there are 2 widgets on the marketplace that allow that, but I think we all try to use only the necessary. 

Glad to hear that :) 

You need to enable a setting in your user group so you will be able to paste html in EDITOR

ACP > Members > Groups > Edit your user group > Group Settings

MaxthonSnap20170313200426.thumb.png.77be7d456b99457722e0ed285472bcc1.png

Once you enable this setting then your editor will have a source button which you can paste html :)

MaxthonSnap20170313200820.thumb.png.6f96b034af04423677599813d1ce5f8f.png

Edited by TAMAN