Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

11 minutes ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

Yo taman did you fix the search bar thing yet??? I need that search bar to have that drop down my man...

also might I suggest sticky user bar as well 

mmm what search bar thing? xD dont remember anything 

Hello. Sorry to bother you again but I have a question; does the page template in Magnum 1.0.4 is compatible with Magnum 1.0.3 theme?

I did not made a backup of the page template from 1.0.3 when I attempting to install a new version. I also cannot retrieve 1.0.3 version from the marketplace as well. :ph34r: Thank you for your answer.

50 minutes ago, Foolboy said:

Hello. Sorry to bother you again but I have a question; does the page template in Magnum 1.0.4 is compatible with Magnum 1.0.3 theme?

I did not made a backup of the page template from 1.0.3 when I attempting to install a new version. I also cannot retrieve 1.0.3 version from the marketplace as well. :ph34r: Thank you for your answer.

no its not complicate, you will have to use the one comes with magnum 4

sorry for the delay of update i hope i can do that tonight 

if you have any issues updating feel free to send me a message later :)  

6 hours ago, TAMAN said:

no its not complicate, you will have to use the one comes with magnum 4

sorry for the delay of update i hope i can do that tonight 

if you have any issues updating feel free to send me a message later :)  

Not compatible*

jesus :rofl: 

Edited by TAMAN
48 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Not compatible*

It's a complicate thing indeed. :)

I found the cause of the search icon issue on 1.0.4; it caused by the Kitchen Sink since it does not showed FontAwesome when I disabled that plugin. Still confused why this does not happened on 1.0.3. :(

So, I have to stick with 1.0.3 at this moment and have a quick question as follows: I attempted to enable Article Slider by following the instruction on your theme settings here:

To make the slider articles work, You will need to create a block feed of "Pages" Database.
1.ACP > Pages > Blocks > Create New Block > Feed from articles/or any other database :) > Next...
2.Name the Template Key to Magnum_Slider_1
3.Click on Content tab and change the Default template to Magnum_Slider

But nothing is appeared to the slider. It showed only page background. Could you suggest what do I missed here? Thank you.

Below is my database settings:

Database_Settings.png

Edited by Foolboy

you do not need to edit your database :) all you have to do is creating a block feed with one of the template keys like

Magnum_Slider_1

or Magnum_Slider_2, Magnum_Slider_3..... and so on

so go create a block here ACP > Pages > Blocks > Create New Block > Feed from articles/or any other databases you want :) > click Next Name the Template Key to Magnum_Slider_1 

and then on the same page click on Content tab and change the Default template to Magnum_Slider 

--

is there any option to disable search on kitchen sink? like cj menu? 

3 minutes ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

You said you where going to add the option to put the search bar back in the nav menu

mmm you guys really don't read any instructions and new update notes? xD i have added the setting to change search bar position long time ago lol

Settings added: 
-Quick link headers for footer
-custom css fields to add  Backgrounds/Color Gradients/Image/ to Body background, navbar, Forum categories, Slider Content, styles forum categories.
-Header background
-Search position
-Search background, font color, Rounded corners
-Site logo text color
-Remove Logo from Mobiles & Tablets
-Slider Auto scroll and Auto scroll (Custom page target)
-Slider Navigation Buttons
-Slider Content Styles. three styles
-Slider Content Position
-Slider Image Positions
-Slider Content background, Font color, Title font color, Title font size

MaxthonSnap20161013065603.png

14 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

In order to get rid of the star rating & "featured" icon on article images, would I have to adjust the template?

I disabled star ratings in the database, but they still show up. 

yes i noticed now good to mention this, i will fix it with the update coming soon, however you would need to re install the styles so it works which i dont think its necessary for now you can simply add this css to your custom.css

.ArticleS1 .reviews,
.ArticlesBlockS1 .reviews{
  display: none;
}

Just now, TAMAN said:

yes i noticed now good to mention this, i will fix it with the update coming soon, however you would need to re install the styles so it works which i dont think its necessary for now you can simply add this css to your custom.css

.ArticleS1 .reviews,
.ArticlesBlockS1 .reviews{
  display: none;
}

Sounds good. Thanks buddy. 

What about the featured icon that overlays the article image? I'd like to disable that as well. Can I add CSS to make that go away too?

Thanks

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, TAMAN said:

you do not need to edit your database :) all you have to do is creating a block feed with one of the template keys

--

is there any option to disable search on kitchen sink? like cj menu? 

It was my fault! Thank you very much for your suggestion, now my homepage looks fabulous! I will write a 5-star review soon afterwards. :sorcerer:

About your question, I can't see any option on the Kitchen sink that is linked to the search icon but there are some options as shown in screenshots below that can alter the looks of header and menu of my community.

kitchensink1.png

kitchensink2.png

Edited by Foolboy
1 hour ago, GoGators said:

Everytime I create a news story, the images do not appear, and I get the following

As you can see, the top article is missing the image and the social icons are on the bottom

2016-10-13_12-00-14.jpg

I have designed it like this :) if you do not upload an image with the article the sharer icons will appear on bottom instead of the hover on images. 

11 hours ago, Foolboy said:

It was my fault! Thank you very much for your suggestion, now my homepage looks fabulous! I will write a 5-star review soon afterwards. :sorcerer:

About your question, I can't see any option on the Kitchen sink that is linked to the search icon but there are some options as shown in screenshots below that can alter the looks of header and menu of my community.

I dont see any options wait for the update if it still uses the font awesome icon then you should ask the kitchen sink dev, although i have fixed the search icon so in case if its font awesome or an svg it would show the icon without any problem and you still can change the search icon color in theme settings borders, background and so on..

Edited by TAMAN
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

I have designed it like this :) if you do not upload an image with the article the sharer icons will appear on bottom instead of the hover on images. 

Well, here is the problem.  I promoted a post (plugin) to an article, and added a picture during the process, but the picture did not display.  How can I make it not do this, as it is not desired

25 minutes ago, GoGators said:

Well, here is the problem.  I promoted a post (plugin) to an article, and added a picture during the process, but the picture did not display.  How can I make it not do this, as it is not desired

edit the article and upload an image?

1 hour ago, GoGators said:

I've noticed uploaded images in articles made on the forum do not show as a thumbnail (only in post). You'll need to go to ACP > Articles > edit the article and upload the picture there (not the upload button on the editor, the one underneath), it should then show.

I'm not sure whether this is a feature, or it's meant to be like this, but this is the only way it works for me.

Edited by CP_User
29 minutes ago, CP_User said:

I've noticed uploaded images in articles made on the forum do not show as a thumbnail (only in post). You'll need to go to ACP > Articles > edit the article and upload the picture there (not the upload button on the editor, the one underneath), it should then show.

I'm not sure whether this is a feature, or it's meant to be like this, but this is the only way it works for me.

Article image upload is different than the editor attachments as i have said in previous post, just edit the article and upload an image :)