Jump to content
Holiday Closing (22nd & 23rd Nov) Read more... ×

Community

TAMAN

Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

Recommended Posts

On 5/29/2018 at 11:30 AM, liquidfractal said:

A few other areas where there needs to be some customisation (either for my particular case or added to the theme):

All of these are the menus for submitting images to a Gallery album.  First, the Album Features:

albumfeatures.jpg.aa8d8adac14d6343d20c2766b736c06d.jpg

This view actually applies to the Ownership and Privacy options as well.  Ditto for when you upload a series of images and click the Set copyright on all or the other buttons:

albumimagemenu.thumb.jpg.1ddb2b76f6f7e2d33d30f8c6cd3ee057.jpg

Hopefully there is one set of CSS that will allow all these to be changed?

Also found the Content Types menu in the Activity tab needs to be done as well :).

activitycontenttypes.thumb.jpg.a68ff48b0ad60526868f462e81087cf3.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knightsystems said:

Hi,

are announcements not shown with this theme?

uc?id=1FNOQeflYQxixU3YaX5ur97l8DzYZM62_

 

Just tested and it works fine

dab0f0b953ae8e9336be6d69f68cb92e.png

 

Are you using latest theme version?

if no, then please update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just reinstalled the theme (I upgraded it the last time, but yeah nothing to lose) and now it works. 

Changed the font to Montserrat for everything. Is this behavior of different font (fat) / layout normal? I like the thin style definitively a lot more. Just bad cached data (I cleared my cache but utilizing CDNs) or an wanted feature / bug?

uc?id=1esUpdOuUH7_WLwGhkQeiw3qzQaOoY_Qk

Edited by knightsystems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, knightsystems said:

Changed the font to Montserrat for everything. Is this behavior of different font (fat) / layout normal? I like the thin style definitively a lot more. Just bad cached data (I cleared my cache but utilizing CDNs) or an wanted feature / bug?

If you mean the custom font you're using is bold then yes it could be default property for the font you're using.

each font is different from another, some are bold by default some are very thin or maybe bigger than the normal font sizes you usually set...etc

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Taman, I meant the following: 

I've changed the font to Montserrat. image.thumb.png.f9b9b0c0e891f34635c12dad222c43d6.png

Somehow, on the front index page - the button is in a thin font, and in a category it's a fat font. How can I change that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, knightsystems said:

Other fonts are the same, somehow a different font-weight is set for that one. Found the "troublemaker":

image.png.29a9ed22f2042bfa1802207c2b9cd526.png

Change the font-weight then ? 

add in custom.css and change the value between 400,600 depends on the font anyways

.ipsApp .ipsButton_fullWidth {
    font-weight: 400;
}

 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TAMAN

As you might have read, @Adriano Faria's development of the LMS (Learning Management System) is in full swing.  However, I seem to have found a critical error when trying to use the LMS with your custom theme.  When I try to create a new School for example I get the following error:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'endforeach' (T_ENDFOREACH), expecting elseif (T_ELSEIF) or else (T_ELSE) or endif (T_ENDIF) (0)
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(741): IPS\Theme\Cache\_Template->exists()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('school', 'lms', 'front')
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(20): call_user_func('parent::getTemp...', 'school', NULL, NULL)
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/lms/modules/front/school/school.php(62): IPS\collab_hook_ipsTheme->getTemplate('school')
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\lms\modules\front\school\_school->manage()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/lms/modules/front/school/school.php(43): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\lms\modules\front\school\_school->execute()
#7 /home/xxxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Originally I thought the conflict was with Collabs, but disabling it didn't get rid of the error.  However, when I switch from your theme to the default theme everything works fine.

When I use the default theme to get into a course view, then switch back to Magnum, I get this:

[[Template lms/front/course/viewCourses is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]	

So it's definitely something to do with the theme.  I know it's not "out of date" or anything, but I was wondeirng if you might be able to take a look?

Thanks! ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, liquidfractal said:

@TAMAN

As you might have read, @Adriano Faria's development of the LMS (Learning Management System) is in full swing.  However, I seem to have found a critical error when trying to use the LMS with your custom theme.  When I try to create a new School for example I get the following error:


ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'endforeach' (T_ENDFOREACH), expecting elseif (T_ELSEIF) or else (T_ELSE) or endif (T_ENDIF) (0)
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(741): IPS\Theme\Cache\_Template->exists()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('school', 'lms', 'front')
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(20): call_user_func('parent::getTemp...', 'school', NULL, NULL)
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/lms/modules/front/school/school.php(62): IPS\collab_hook_ipsTheme->getTemplate('school')
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\lms\modules\front\school\_school->manage()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/applications/lms/modules/front/school/school.php(43): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\lms\modules\front\school\_school->execute()
#7 /home/xxxx/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Originally I thought the conflict was with Collabs, but disabling it didn't get rid of the error.  However, when I switch from your theme to the default theme everything works fine.

When I use the default theme to get into a course view, then switch back to Magnum, I get this:


[[Template lms/front/course/viewCourses is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]	

So it's definitely something to do with the theme.  I know it's not "out of date" or anything, but I was wondeirng if you might be able to take a look?

Thanks! ?

 

No this has nothing to do with my theme if the error comes from lms templates

all the error above comes from lms templates. so, you need to contact Adriano, there is nothing i could do about it. I can't even check if i wanted to, because the errors are in lms templates not any other default theme templates 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

No this has nothing to do with my theme if the error comes from lms templates

all the error above comes from lms templates. so, you need to contact Adriano, there is nothing i could do about it. I can't even check if i wanted to, because the errors are in lms templates not any other default theme templates 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks @TAMAN - I'll talk to Adriano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Great theme! Loving it so far. 

Two quick questions. 

1. Is the Nav bar height adjustable? I made the slider area much smaller compared to the template and now the nav bar just seems kind of out of proportion. 

2. My forum is an (American) football community. Would it be possible to have the news tracker automatically update with scores ?

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello,

 

Just now, TGPAccount said:

1. Is the Nav bar height adjustable? I made the slider area much smaller compared to the template and now the nav bar just seems kind of out of proportion. 

Only with custom css

add in custom.css template

.ta_Header .ipsNavBar_primary > ul {
    height: 48px;
}
.ipsNavBar_primary > ul > li > a, html[dir="ltr"] #elBackHome, html[dir="rtl"] #elBackHome {
    padding: 10px 15px;
}
#elSearchWrapper {
    top: 3px;
}

 

Just now, TGPAccount said:

 2. My forum is an (American) football community. Would it be possible to have the news tracker automatically update with scores ?

Sorry, not possible

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

 

Only with custom css

add in custom.css template


.ta_Header .ipsNavBar_primary > ul {
    height: 48px;
}
.ipsNavBar_primary > ul > li > a, html[dir="ltr"] #elBackHome, html[dir="rtl"] #elBackHome {
    padding: 10px 15px;
}
#elSearchWrapper {
    top: 3px;
}

 

Sorry, not possible

Thanks! Much appreciated. 

And no worries! I will just use it as an ESPN RSS feed or something. I saw that you helped someone turn theirs into a Fox News ticker, added the Fox News icon and things to it. That was on the separate paid plugin for the ticker -- does the one that comes with the theme have all the same capabilities or would I pay extra to have a similar setup as that member?

Thanks again! You rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, TGPAccount said:

Thanks! Much appreciated. 

And no worries! I will just use it as an ESPN RSS feed or something. I saw that you helped someone turn theirs into a Fox News ticker, added the Fox News icon and things to it. That was on the separate paid plugin for the ticker -- does the one that comes with the theme have all the same capabilities or would I pay extra to have a similar setup as that member?

Thanks again! You rock.

Yes it possible and super easy if you know how to use "Pages" application and the block templates

-Enable the "Pages Articles" setting in the theme settings, this setting is also provided with a block template key in the description.

-Then create a RSS block in pages app with the provided template key. and for the content of the block use the below code

{{if !empty( $items ) }}{{foreach $items as $item}}<li><a href="{$item['link']}" target="_blank" rel="noopener">{$item['title']}</a></li>{{endforeach}}{{endif}}

 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unlucky said:

Is there anyway we can how two rows of menu links instead of having the more dropdown at the end of the row?

Thanks

Not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

This is regarding mobile devices.

Not sure how to explain this but if you have a alot of menu items and some have sub menu items, when you select one of the sub menu items it would be handy for the menu to auto scroll back to the top - as currently you get a blank menu section or the last sub menu options in view until you manually scroll back to the top.

For example if on a mobile device you go to:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/

From the menu select Market place

when it shows the sub menu for market place you have to maually scroll up to see all of the menu options

Hope that makese sens

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

This is regarding mobile devices.

Not sure how to explain this but if you have a alot of menu items and some have sub menu items, when you select one of the sub menu items it would be handy for the menu to auto scroll back to the top - as currently you get a blank menu section or the last sub menu options in view until you manually scroll back to the top.

For example if on a mobile device you go to:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/

From the menu select Market place

when it shows the sub menu for market place you have to maually scroll up to see all of the menu options

Hope that makese sens

 

You might want to put this as a new topic here ? 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feedback-and-ideas/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taman, sorry if I've missed this, but is there a setting to turn off the slider, news ticker and other options for mobile viewing? I'd like a cleaner and more real estate screen on a mobile for viewing the forums. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CP_User said:

Taman, sorry if I've missed this, but is there a setting to turn off the slider, news ticker and other options for mobile viewing? I'd like a cleaner and more real estate screen on a mobile for viewing the forums. Cheers.

You can hide news ticker on mobile there is a setting for that.

as for the slider, there are no settings, 

but you can do it with custom.css

.ta_themeSlider {display:none}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×