Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

I'm quite interested in the Magnum theme but sm wondering if anyone has had issues with formatting similar to what has been reported in this thread?

I'm also wondering if it's possible to limit the article browser and news ticker to the splash page only?  Being forced to have it on every page would be a major obstacle for my site.  EDIT: reading the graphical blurbs I realise that yes, I can configure it per-page :lol:

Edited by liquidfractal

Ok, so I bought the Magnum theme - @TAMAN's work never disappoints. :)

One issue when customising, however: I discovered that the colour for "Important button" under the Button Colors tab is the same colour as the space between account menu items (as per the screenshot below), which should be fixed:

button.jpg.7a633c36cf95de3548464daee49b35ec.jpg

The lines separating account menu items should conform with the background colour of that region.

Also - and this is important - I find that the editors really look terrible in this theme, which is a very serious issue for me as my site is a writing-based site. 

Moono looks like this:

editor1.thumb.jpg.359e5342456d98871798c8dd3d042f23.jpg

The default editor theme looks like this:

editor2.thumb.jpg.9f93b4c5a541ebf65e2feb39ea334a03.jpg

Other uploaded CKEditor skins (here, Kami) fare even worse:

editor3.thumb.jpg.6b19a6fb07cf25c998d1ed343ac9a4bb.jpg

@TAMAN is there a way to disable custom display settings for the CKEditor?  I notice that the Default skin looks the best out of all the above, and the problematic buttons are in fact custom buttons that I have installed myself.  But is there a way to simply use the default editor view (as it looks in the Invision default skin) within the Magnum theme?  Because none of these will be acceptable to my clients.

Apart from this, I'm enjoying the potential of this theme a lot.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, liquidfractal said:

One issue when customising, however: I discovered that the colour for "Important button" under the Button Colors tab is the same colour as the space between account menu items (as per the screenshot below), which should be fixed:

This is not an issue thats how i wanted to be and it looks pretty fine unless you change the button color

however if you want to change the separated line color just do it with a custom css :) 

.elUserNav_sep {
    border-color: #fff;
}

Also - and this is important - I find that the editors really look terrible in this theme, which is a very serious issue for me as my site is a writing-based site. 

@TAMAN is there a way to disable custom display settings for the CKEditor?  I notice that the Default skin looks the best out of all the above, and the problematic buttons are in fact custom buttons that I have installed myself.  But is there a way to simply use the default editor view (as it looks in the Invision default skin) within the Magnum theme?  Because none of these will be acceptable to my clients.

In the theme settings "topic view" tab there is a setting named Change EDITOR colors, You can disable it and the default ckeditor will be used 

Apart from this, I'm enjoying the potential of this theme a lot.  Thanks!

Im glad that you like it :) 

28 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

This is not an issue thats how i wanted to be and it looks pretty fine unless you change the button color

however if you want to change the separated line color just do it with a custom css :) 

.elUserNav_sep {
}

In the theme settings "topic view" tab there is a setting named Change EDITOR colors, You can disable it and the default ckeditor will be used 

Im glad that you like it :) 

Dude, you are awesome....thank you for more quick and professional issue resolution! :thumbsup:

One question though: I know you can set the slider to be active only on certain Invision apps, but I think it would be great if one could specify it for certain pages.  For example, I want the front page slider only on my splash page, which is a Pages page.  However, I have other databases in use on my site, and right now the slider always appears on those pages because it's limited to the Pages app.  I think some additional granularity in this respect would be amazing!

Keep up the great work!

On 10/25/2017 at 8:02 PM, TAMAN said:

.elUserNav_sep {
}

Just to let you know - this didn't work.  I just tried it now, and the space between the Create, Notification/Message icons and the user name/menu did not change.

I've found a problem with the News Ticker: if you try to add a phrase with a comma in the default Ticker section, the theme will break your sentence in half at the location of the comma and create two separate News Ticket entries.

For some reason this doesn't apply to the custom Ticker entry area (commas work there), which leaves me wondering what exactly the difference is between the default and custom Ticker areas?

Edited by liquidfractal
Just now, liquidfractal said:

I've found a problem with the News Ticker: if you try to add a phrase with a comma in the default Ticker section, the theme will break your sentence in half at the location of the comma and create two separate News Ticket entries.

For some reason this doesn't apply to the custom Ticker entry area (commas work there), which leaves me wondering what exactly the difference is between the default and custom Ticker areas?

This could be a problem with IPS stack form field not the theme i will check anyways

thanks

8 hours ago, Yurri said:

Please add Index page only feature for Swiper slider.

+++.  I mentioned this before, but if one could enable the slider for only certain pages (by name), that would improve greatly on an already great theme. :)

@TAMAN, could you tell me what to put in my custom.css to change the color of the emoticon menu window?  Right now mine looks like this:

emoticons.jpg.1fb98e2d0175de5753cdfa75e321cf09.jpg

so I'd obviously prefer to change the dark blue to a lighter colour. :)

thanks!

I was going to ask about having more than 5 sliders, and I read this answer:

On 7/29/2017 at 12:03 AM, TAMAN said:

Not really :D 

If you want more you should use the pages articles option you can get infinite sliders with it 

The problem as I see it with this is that for some of us it would involve restructuring parts of our sites.  I just got things set up on my site and I realise now that a few more would be really really good.  Is it truly impossible? ;)

29 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

The problem as I see it with this is that for some of us it would involve restructuring parts of our sites.  I just got things set up on my site and I realise now that a few more would be really really good.  Is it truly impossible? ;)

No idea what you talking about brother

if you have pages app then use it for the slider thats all

10 hours ago, TAMAN said:

No idea what you talking about brother

if you have pages app then use it for the slider thats all

Ok, here's what I did, following the directions in teh Swiper Slider tab:

1. I created a new database, "Services" and entered a couple of sample records
  2. Now, following your directions I went to Blocks and created a new block: Plugin, feed from "Services"
  3. Changed the template key to Pages_Slider_Articles
  4. In the Content tab, changed the default template to Pages_slider_articles
  5. Now I get an error with my feed block: on the Details tab, the Template Key throws an error: "The block key is not unique"

EDIT: So I realised early on that the "Template key" (which isn't actually for the template at all) needs to be a unique block key, which solves that problem (your docs need to be changed I think)...but whenever I try and place the custom block on a page I just get a large blank space.

Edited by liquidfractal
3 hours ago, liquidfractal said:
  1. Now I get an error with my feed block: on the Details tab, the Template Key throws an error: "The block key is not unique"

It means you have created another block with the same key which is named Pages_slider_articles

so either delete that one or edit from it

P.S Template key is the block key.