Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

Hello, new fan here. About how difficult would it be to make a footer look like this? If I try to more than two columns of "Site Links" then it pushes it down into another row rather than cutting across the right half of the page. This example below is from a different theme in which the footer was the only part that I liked. 

2017-10-02_18-14-39.thumb.png.6f1eae6bed6bd5a521bbea80b883dc8f.png

It would also be desirable to be able to remove the ".........." separators in between the footer links on your theme or to use visuals similar to what's above.

This is what the ACP in the footer section looks like in the them pictured above: 

2017-10-04_09-44-49.thumb.png.8b07b71aa7fa9d506acd324b2e4c7a88.png

I tried to copy those setting values over but it didn't work.

Edit: Below is a screenshot of the best I could do using the parameters in the footer section on Magnum. Too much space under and above the headers and can only make those two columns. I also believe it would look much more professional with the divider style in the screenshot at the top of this post. Those columns also afforded this same text just enough space not to force anything on two lines. The column on the right also is a bit bigger (a better width). My target would be to have four columns with the same width of column two, with the discretion to use one of them as an "About me" but not in BB code.

2017-10-04_12-26-17.thumb.png.83ed559c0ebde49e597e0cf8bf203115.png

Edited by Eric Allione

@TAMAN after the yesterday security update 4.2.5, the banner of the right sidebar appear also in the forum/topic/post view

when the page loading, it's all ok, but next appear the banner

you can repair? thanks

example:

a topic view with banner problem http://www.drivingitalia.net/index.php?/forums/topic/76185-sparco-drivingitalia-e-driving-simulation-center-partnership-simracing-e-sconti/

and a forum view http://www.drivingitalia.net/index.php?/forums/forum/409-annunci-staff/

NOTE: in the view appear ONLY the sidebar banner, not all the column contents

view.JPG

Edited by ntrivilino@alice.it
1 hour ago, ntrivilino@alice.it said:

banner problem solved

another little problem @TAMAN : sometimes i have the page too large respect to the upper bar (look the image)

i can reduce in % the dimension of the entire website page?

Cattura.JPG

Maybe a link to check? this is probably due to your custom sidebars because the theme is fine and this does not happen 

Edited by TAMAN

Hello,

Does anyone know what Front-End Color represents the site title on the default white palette? I'm trying to making my site title a little bit darker so it can be seen. This is what it looked like with the default colors.

59dad48bb218a_colorpalettemystery.thumb.png.959f614231da753f05c0eb6106e92dfb.png

Also, I could not find which color is under "create" and the notifications in the upper right. Trying to make that much darker because on mobile it takes up the whole row and does not look good to have two rows with the same dark blue like that.

59dad4a3b0068_bluecolorproblem.thumb.png.88ab2571aa1988eab08fa508376c6681.png

I tried to go down almost the whole palette changing everything to bright pink and back to figure out what is what, but that proved to be a difficult task.

58 minutes ago, Eric Allione said:

Does anyone know what Front-End Color represents the site title on the default white palette? I'm trying to making my site title a little bit darker so it can be seen. This is what it looked like with the default colors.

Its in header tab, Logo text color

59 minutes ago, Eric Allione said:

Also, I could not find which color is under "create" and the notifications in the upper right. Trying to make that much darker because on mobile it takes up the whole row and does not look good to have two rows with the same dark blue like that.

the Header on mobile version uses navbar colors only 

it can be changed with custom css only 

Thanks Taman. Much easier to see with a darker color.

However, the logo text is still pretty hard to see with thin letters. I tried putting <strong > </strong > tags into various parts of the global template but that did not work. Is the template to complicated for a simple fix like that to implement bold logo text? Perhaps it would just be better to use a transparent text logo

Edited by Eric Allione
9 minutes ago, Eric Allione said:

Thanks Taman. Much easier to see with a darker color.

However, the logo text is still pretty hard to see with thin letters. I tried putting <strong > </strong > tags into various parts of the global template but that did not work. Is the template to complicated for a simple fix like that to implement bold logo text? Perhaps it would just be better to use a transparent text logo

.ipsApp.ipsApp_front #elSiteTitle {
    font-weight: 700!important;
}

2 hours ago, KPDub said:

I have a mainly black logo with transparent elements and black navbar.  On desktop the logo displays correctly, but on mobile view because it's black on black it loses the transparent effect, any ideas how to correct?

maybe a link to check?

9 hours ago, KPDub said:

xbox-society.com

Change the header background on mobile with a custom css

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){
	.ipsApp.ipsApp_front #ipsLayout_header header {
    	background: #2b2b2b;
	}
}

17 hours ago, Max_69 said:

Hi, How to shorten subforum titles and put them in two columns?

Thanks so much

.cForumRow .ipsDataItem_main .ipsDataItem_subList {
    -webkit-column-count: 2;
    -moz-column-count: 2;
    column-count: 2;
}

HI. I need a little help. Today I updated to 4.2.5 and I had to rework a bit all the colors, since they upgraded a little different.
So far, so good, but there is something I can't find how to change it >_<    I know I'm doing something wrong.

I want to change the background of the menus like the user profile and the emoticons to white, and remove the black.

What should I change ? They used to be white and I prefer them white.

59e0bf0002b24_blackmenus.thumb.jpg.4c81b1b64a6e057e1f7dd55465083560.jpg 59e0bf022b8a1_blackmenus2.thumb.jpg.3829fc5a133779bd1cbc3749d44b91d9.jpg

Thanks

As far as I am aware I have only updated the babble chat application yesterday and when I checked everything was working ok

But today the site was down with this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/uploads/template_8_1797cff4ced1a8a742505945736734d7_widgets.php on line 2

When I switched to the default theme the site came back online

Any ideas?

Thanks

On 10/13/2017 at 4:21 PM, KPDub said:

Sorry, that didn't work

try this

@media screen and (max-width: 979px){
	.ipsApp.ipsApp_front #ipsLayout_header header {
    	background: #2b2b2b !important;
	}
}

On 10/13/2017 at 4:27 PM, gabs007 said:

HI. I need a little help. Today I updated to 4.2.5 and I had to rework a bit all the colors, since they upgraded a little different.
So far, so good, but there is something I can't find how to change it >_<    I know I'm doing something wrong.

I want to change the background of the menus like the user profile and the emoticons to white, and remove the black.

What should I change ? They used to be white and I prefer them white.

59e0bf0002b24_blackmenus.thumb.jpg.4c81b1b64a6e057e1f7dd55465083560.jpg 59e0bf022b8a1_blackmenus2.thumb.jpg.3829fc5a133779bd1cbc3749d44b91d9.jpg

Thanks

dialog boxes background connected with secondary nav background color 

788eba641dd5149219c3fbc2f869ea84.png

5 hours ago, Unlucky said:

As far as I am aware I have only updated the babble chat application yesterday and when I checked everything was working ok

But today the site was down with this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /var/www/sites/www.net/html/uk/uploads/template_8_1797cff4ced1a8a742505945736734d7_widgets.php on line 2

When I switched to the default theme the site came back online

Any ideas?

Thanks

No clue, maybe try to clean caches

this dont seem to be an issue with themes, try to contact codingjungle in his support topics

18 hours ago, TAMAN said:

No clue, maybe try to clean caches

this dont seem to be an issue with themes, try to contact codingjungle in his support topics

Thanks.

Very strange.

Cleared cache + I have disabled all applications, plugins and 3rd party customisations and then just re enabled theme only and it still gives that error.