Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

Hello @TAMAN,

I think I have an interest in this template. But because I like to heavily modify some things, I am worried about my personal changes being overwritten when installing a future update. I guess my question is two-fold....

1) In the template settings, you can usually make customizations regarding color, whether to use the slider or not or choose where it appears, etc. Am I correct in assuming that these choices are preserved from upgrade to upgrade?

2) I also like to edit the HTML and use several IF statements within the template itself to add/remove functionality based on groups, because the IPS suite doesn't give me certain options I need. What are the risks of these being overwritten when uploading a new version? Does making my theme a "child theme" protect my changes? And if so, how do I know if you made a change that is important and should be passed along to my child theme?

Okay, so maybe that's a little more complicated than I thought. I hope it comes across clearly :)

- Bob

Just now, Robert Angle said:

1) In the template settings, you can usually make customizations regarding color, whether to use the slider or not or choose where it appears, etc. Am I correct in assuming that these choices are preserved from upgrade to upgrade?

Yes, theme settings and options and anything in custom.css template are preserved, updates does NOT change anything you have customized

Just now, Robert Angle said:

2) I also like to edit the HTML and use several IF statements within the template itself to add/remove functionality based on groups, because the IPS suite doesn't give me certain options I need. What are the risks of these being overwritten when uploading a new version? Does making my theme a "child theme" protect my changes? And if so, how do I know if you made a change that is important and should be passed along to my child theme?

HTML and any other CSS templates (except for custom.css CSS template) will override during updates, but not automatically, you will get a window pop-up reminds you that "these" templates you have edited and gives you differences between YOUR edited version and original/upgraded version. 

-

also, child theme has nothing to do with the main theme and updates you can do whatever you want

Edited by TAMAN
Just now, Iwooo said:

Hi @TAMAN, what about my questions? 

Sorry i did not see your message due to new page lol

22 hours ago, Iwooo said:

1. do you have any idea why my menu do not move to "more" section? 

http://prntscr.com/gp4ecf

menus working fine here, have you edited any templates? 

can you install it as a new theme and see if you still have same issue, you do not need to delete the current one on your website, simply install a new one and check it :) 

22 hours ago, Iwooo said:

2 . how can I change background of unread subforums/forums to be different than read forums? 

you mean the icon colors? 

should be in Front-End Colors tab

d6849f72244282d381458201bdfe7925.png

8 hours ago, TAMAN said:

HTML and any other CSS templates (except for custom.css CSS template) will override during updates, but not automatically, you will get a window pop-up reminds you that "these" templates you have edited and gives you differences between YOUR edited version and original/upgraded version. 

-

also, child theme has nothing to do with the main theme and updates you can do whatever you want

So it sounds like it might be safe before upgrading to create a child theme as a backup (so to speak), have that serve as the forum default theme until the newly updated Magnum theme has been tested thoroughly.

I had previously thought that changes to the parent theme were passed along to the child theme unless I had modified the file. Now it sounds like a child theme is simply a COPY of the parent theme.

Just now, Iwooo said:

Welcome, which setting is corresponds to this color? 

27-Yy7jmTmC7LTEVO-K_Bw.png

I've changed it and now I can't find it. Thanks for help! 

In "Button Colors" tab

5349fe23f4743cf13444f543620609fb.png

Just now, Max_69 said:

Hi, in the my forum with the my personal icon in the sections categories when you move with the mouse to the icon does not work, with the default icons no problem, how resolve?

Thanks and compliments for this theme!

Thats normal, the effect only works on default icons and can not be used on custom icons, instead the default effect will be used which is the custom icons are faded when there are no new posts

8 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Thats normal, the effect only works on default icons and can not be used on custom icons, instead the default effect will be used which is the custom icons are faded when there are no new posts

It would be possible to have the same effect on custom icons?

There are no issues, the navbar will fit menus when there is enough space for another one, in the image looks like there is no enough space to fit another menu. the quizzes text is small, yes, but what about the left and right padding's? they are also calculated :) 

@Unlucky Please be specific on asking questions, its been three times you asking some questions and when i say please be specific you just jumping on a complete new questions, you did the same thing on advanced footer support topic and ditched my reply 

Edited by TAMAN
6 hours ago, ntrivilino@alice.it said:

sorry @TAMAN , a question

i want to add my Drivingitalia preset of colors into "palette", after customization of the colors, but how i can extract my theme to send to you?

Simply send me a copy of the theme with a message 

then it will be added available with next update :) 

Edited by TAMAN