A different article styles By Pages ( IP.Content )

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zelgadis said:

Hi TAMAN,

I use Magnum Theme and in my Pages I use one of your templates as Pages Display template.

As you can see in the attachment, when I use one of your templates as Display Template, (example "S1 One Column"), in the records comments, the reactions are missing.

pages.thumb.png.3d15651e7c128e5720da4ceaeb98a134.png

Any link to check?

also, are you using the latest version?

1 hour ago, zelgadis said:

You see the reactions in the Article (the record). All comments to the record are without reactions.

I will take a look

Edit. @zelgadis It looks totally fine on my side no issue and i double checked

there could be a setting somewhere that your user group can not use reactions on replies maybe? im not quite sure :)

Edited by TAMAN
19 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I will take a look

Edit. @zelgadis It looks totally fine on my side no issue and i double checked

there could be a setting somewhere that your user group can not use reactions on replies maybe? im not quite sure :)

If I go in Database -> Edit  -> Display Template Group and change your template with the IPS Default, the reactions in the comments appears. So, I think, it's not an user group settings problem.

Now, I've made a fresh install of Magnum Theme 4.1.4.

In Pages -> Templates I've removed all templates that starts with S1 and I've reinstalled the templates. 

The problem is still there.

34 minutes ago, zelgadis said:

If I go in Database -> Edit  -> Display Template Group and change your template with the IPS Default, the reactions in the comments appears. So, I think, it's not an user group settings problem.

Now, I've made a fresh install of Magnum Theme 4.1.4.

In Pages -> Templates I've removed all templates that starts with S1 and I've reinstalled the templates. 

The problem is still there.

mmmm I will have to download the copy in marketplace and test 

its totally fine in demo page tho

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@TAMAN I was wondering how I can change the number of lines showing on each record on the index page; at present it's 3 lines - I wanted to change this to two lines and found all the relevant lines in the templates and changed them to 2 lines, but it's still showing 3 lines.  Is there somewhere else I need to look?

Great addon BTW does everything I need - other than the lines lol.  Could you perhaps make it an option in future updates?

Many thanks

Just now, Davyc said:

@TAMAN I was wondering how I can change the number of lines showing on each record on the index page; at present it's 3 lines - I wanted to change this to two lines and found all the relevant lines in the templates and changed them to 2 lines, but it's still showing 3 lines.  Is there somewhere else I need to look?

You need to change it from the template you are using 

for example if you are using the S1 One Column style then you need to change it from the s1_one_column template, remember all the styles are created as Block templates AND Database templates, so make sure to change it from the one you are using

If you still can not do it, Please add more details, which style you are using and as a widget or as a database template

@TAMAN thanks for the reply - I'm using the s1_two_column template in Block Plugin section with this code:

<section class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsType_break' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='2 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'>
			{$record->truncated()|raw}
		</section>

But changing that number to 2 lines makes no difference. Can't seem to find any reference to this anywhere else in the templates unless I'm looking in the wrong place lol.

I'm just using the default theme and the plugin and templates from the Infraskew theme I purchased; I'm presuming that it's the same as the standalone addon.  I love the Infraskew theme but not the shadows, I prefer flat, and there's loads of shadow references in the theme lol.

WIth thanks

Just now, Davyc said:

@TAMAN thanks for the reply - I'm using the s1_two_column template in Block Plugin section with this code:

<section class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsType_break' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='2 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'>
			{$record->truncated()|raw}
		</section>

But changing that number to 2 lines makes no difference. Can't seem to find any reference to this anywhere else in the templates unless I'm looking in the wrong place lol.

I'm just using the default theme and the plugin and templates from the Infraskew theme I purchased; I'm presuming that it's the same as the standalone addon.  I love the Infraskew theme but not the shadows, I prefer flat, and there's loads of shadow references in the theme lol.

WIth thanks

Blocks are cached, so when you change the block plugin codes it might take time to apply on front-end side

If you want the changes to apply immediately then you need to delete the block and re add it ? otherwise wait a couple minutes after you edit the block plugin codes 

I am a bit confused on how I can use this with my existing blogs. We have lots of blogs and blog posts and I think this would look great but I would also like my readers to see the other view options available. Will this/can this create a new view option for my blogs (that I can then make the default view)?

If so, how do I do this? Right now I can't even figure out how to assign this to a block. I am getting a message telling me that a page is not assigned to the template when selecting which template to use. As far as I can tell I have selected the correct database and template on the page I have created. Thought I do not want to really create a new page I just want another viewing option to show on my blogs using this as the viewing option.