TAMAN

A different article styles By Pages ( IP.Content )

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

make sure to enable reviews or star rating in the database settings :) 

Enable star ratings is on. I've a DB with categories and it's an option in the category settings not in DB.

I have not changed anything. In the previous version (1.0.4) it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zelgadis said:

Enable star ratings is on. I've a DB with categories and it's an option in the category settings not in DB.

I have not changed anything. In the previous version (1.0.4) it worked.

mmm not really sure what the problem is then, it should work, there are no problem displaying the star ratings on my side, maybe double check the settings? or send me a login info with pages access 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheersnGears said:

I'm probably going to buy this... but you know what would really rock this for me?  Instead of Pinned or Feature (neither of which I use) it showed the article Category instead. 

those aren't category styles.

but also not really hard to make that happen :) 

if you be patient i have started to create a plugin to manage the styles, you will be able to make many changes to the styles, i will also try to add options to show pinned/featured or the record category and so on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TAMAN said:

mmm not really sure what the problem is then, it should work, there are no problem displaying the star ratings on my side, maybe double check the settings? or send me a login info with pages access 

I found the problem.

If the star rating is ON (in my case in the categories options) and in the DB -> Options -> Allow reviews is ON, the star ratings is displayed.
If the star rating is ON (in my case in the categories options) and in the DB -> Options -> Allow reviews is OFF, the star ratings is not displayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, zelgadis said:

I found the problem.

If the star rating is ON (in my case in the categories options) and in the DB -> Options -> Allow reviews is ON, the star ratings is displayed.
If the star rating is ON (in my case in the categories options) and in the DB -> Options -> Allow reviews is OFF, the star ratings is not displayed.

its like this by default i thought i answerd you hhh if reviews is disabled the star rating will be used 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

How do I get my category listing to display like the index page

Want this page: http://ohgunowners.org/articles/general/

To look like the home page.

ACP > System > Applications > Pages > click on the star icon on right side to make the pages addon as your default app

and then go to ACP > pages > Pages > make this page "General" as your default page by clicking the drop down icon on right side 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

ACP > System > Applications > Pages > click on the star icon on right side to make the pages addon as your default app

and then go to ACP > pages > Pages > make this page "General" as your default page by clicking the drop down icon on right side 

 

Ahh, so there is no way to have the categories display the same view as the index without making them the default page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, Ohio Guns said:

Ahh, so there is no way to have the categories display the same view as the index without making them the default page?

I don't understand!  make the the page default and do whatever you want 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

 

I don't understand!  make the the page default and do whatever you want 

I dont want that page to be default though. Thats a category inside a database. 

The database has other categories which all have articles in them. i was hoping the categories could display like the main page thats all.

This page has the database "Articles" (http://ohgunowners.org/)

Then these pages are all categories inside the database.: http://ohgunowners.org/articles/general/ http://ohgunowners.org/articles/ohio-gun-legislation/ http://ohgunowners.org/articles/training-articles/ http://ohgunowners.org/articles/site-news/

Those categories I was hping to get to display like the main page.

Hope that makes more sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

I dont want that page to be default though. Thats a category inside a database. 

The database has other categories which all have articles in them. i was hoping the categories could display like the main page thats all.

This page has the database "Articles" (http://ohgunowners.org/)

Then these pages are all categories inside the database.: http://ohgunowners.org/articles/general/ http://ohgunowners.org/articles/ohio-gun-legislation/ http://ohgunowners.org/articles/training-articles/ http://ohgunowners.org/articles/site-news/

Those categories I was hping to get to display like the main page.

Hope that makes more sense

edit the database and select show categories and you index will show all the categories, is this what you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

edit the database and select show categories and you index will show all the categories, is this what you want?

Nope, lets try this.

Okay see this page: http://ohgunowners.org/ That has the database "Articles"

I want the layout of the page how it display one article on top and 2 articles side by side to also apply to the categorys inside the database "Articles" (the ones linked from above)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohio Guns said:

Nope, lets try this.

Okay see this page: http://ohgunowners.org/ That has the database "Articles"

I want the layout of the page how it display one article on top and 2 articles side by side to also apply to the categorys inside the database "Articles" (the ones linked from above)

ah i got it, well, you need to create a category style for that, because by default there is only one template style for categories 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Hi everyone,

I need to Know how to use three column but not first featured, so it does not appear in the list...

Columns.png

 

mmm Just delete the templates and re upload? it wont take 1 minute :) 

delete all the S1 templates and reupload the Pages_templates.xml

 

you might have deleted the template.

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Hi TAMAN, I just do but it still the same, I don't know what I'm doing wrong...Three.png

Are you installing the latest version on marketplace?  three column style was added on version 1.0.5

you probably uploading another version 

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.