A different article styles By Pages ( IP.Content )

Just now, Steve Bullman said:

ah ok, thanks!

No problem,

If you still want to chnage it separately 

add this to custom.css and chnage the color to whatever you want 

.ArticlesBlockS1 .article-item-first .record-info i,
.ArticleS1 .record-info i, .ArticleRS1 .record-info i {
    color: #b50541;
}

• 1 month later...

I'm having some issues configuring this plugin. I have followed to the letter the instructions for the installation, so that part is fine I guess.

My issues are. That I cannot add an image for the article so now there is just a white blank unclicable space instead.

When I click an article I get redirected normally to read it but all the articles from the main page also appear with it.

Im not sure what did I do wrong. May I send you the link so you can see it ?

37 minutes ago, falafel said:

I'm having some issues configuring this plugin. I have followed to the letter the instructions for the installation, so that part is fine I guess.

My issues are. That I cannot add an image for the article so now there is just a white blank unclicable space instead.

When I click an article I get redirected normally to read it but all the articles from the main page also appear with it.

Im not sure what did I do wrong. May I send you the link so you can see it ?

Edit your article and add an image? 

this has nothing to do with instructions 

Each of your articles can have an image when you create it or edit 

9f8773877d3deb6d658ad3b92bcb27b1.png

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, joshuaj said:

Hi Taman,

I'm wondering if there is a way to make a block using your template skip a record? (offset)

I'm creating a homepage with custom blocks using the news block and I'd like the blocks to skip records so it isn't showing the same one.

Hello,

Check the block configuration settings 

Im not sure if this can be done in pages blocks tho

Edited by TAMAN
Just now, TAMAN said:

Hello,

Check the block configuration settings 

Im not sure if this can be done in pages blocks tho

Hi Taman,

There is no offset option in the filter options. It seems to be something that was removed from previous versions of IPB. I'm trying to find a way to code the offset into the template since the option isn't there anymore.

3 minutes ago, joshuaj said:

Hi Taman,

There is no offset option in the filter options. It seems to be something that was removed from previous versions of IPB. I'm trying to find a way to code the offset into the template since the option isn't there anymore.

Im sorry, If its not possible then i cant do anything, this is basically just styles 

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome. Thank you!

I am 99% there and could use a little help.

I am struggling to get the images to show the same height. I have created all the images with the same height and width, but they are appearing with different sizes.

Also in the article, I would like the image to stretch across the top, with the text below. But the image is smaller and the text is wrapping around.

2017-08-24_15-20-36.thumb.png.8a748dda32442d7e9f3a8f5efa31daf1.png

Just now, Michael R said:

I am struggling to get the images to show the same height. I have created all the images with the same height and width, but they are appearing with different sizes.

There is a setting to set a fixed height for the images in pluign settings

but its not needed if you add images that are same width and height they should appear same width and height, do you have a link to check?

2 hours ago, Michael R said:

Also, does the template allow for sharing to Our Picks?

I dont know never used this new feature but Just check it! these are only styles nothing else

6 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

There is a setting to set a fixed height for the images in pluign settings

but its not needed if you add images that are same width and height they should appear same width and height, do you have a link to check?

Seems to be okay now.

https://clausnet.com/

How do I get the image in the article to go full width?

Also I see now that the share icons are missing? They were there when the images were wacky sizes.

Hmm, very interesting. Logged out the icons are there. But there are different articles. Boy I am confused. lol

2 minutes ago, Michael R said:

How do I get the image in the article to go full width?

A style for display template is already included you just need to select one of the styles

edit the database and select one of the S1 styles for "display"

3 minutes ago, Michael R said:

Also I see now that the share icons are missing? They were there when the images were wacky sizes.

sharer icons on two column first feature and some other are only showing for first article not others

7 minutes ago, Michael R said:

On the main featured article only a line pops up when logged in. When logged out the share icons show correctly but a different article shows.

Not sure what you talking about to be honest but this seem to be in your database permission settings, right now on my side i can see sharer icons on the article in your website and it is fine, if you are logged in and cant see it then check the database settings and permissions

anyways, for sharer icons to appear, your database MUST be public to see, everyone should be able to see the articles otherwise there is no point of sharing anything of the database, this has nothing to do with these styles tho, thats how pages app works

Edited by TAMAN
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Taman, I'm working on a custom homepage and I'm using the blocks with the s1_onecolumn and I'm displaying two records. When I use the ips.ui.grid equalHeights , it seems to give each grid column the correct/equal height. However; the articles aren't resizing to fill the grid. I would like for them to look equal in height so it doesn't look strange. How can I accomplish this?

betasite.thumb.jpg.be7a4312ae2b51128e766427a995e03f.jpg

9 hours ago, joshuaj said:

Hi Taman, I'm working on a custom homepage and I'm using the blocks with the s1_onecolumn and I'm displaying two records. When I use the ips.ui.grid equalHeights , it seems to give each grid column the correct/equal height. However; the articles aren't resizing to fill the grid. I would like for them to look equal in height so it doesn't look strange. How can I accomplish this?

betasite.thumb.jpg.be7a4312ae2b51128e766427a995e03f.jpg

Sorry i cant provide support for customizations 

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, peppefark said:

Hi, I think I have set everything fine but it does not show me the imagery of the articles, where am I wrong?

Immagine.png

Someone else also reported this with a message and when i checked the problem on his website the issue was with his article images upload path,  this is not a problem with my templates it works fine 

but If you want to file a ticket about this please remove my templates first and then set one of the "Pages" templates as default and then report so they can check 

Edited by TAMAN
23 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Someone else also reported this with a message and when i checked the problem on his website the issue was with his article images upload path,  this is not a problem with my templates it works fine 

but If you want to file a ticket about this please remove my templates first and then set one of the "Pages" templates as default and then report so they can check 

ok resolved.

Thank you

2 hours ago, peppefark said:

Hi, please, I've done a lot of tests and I can not figure out where I'm wrong, I could not see the pictures ...

Please contact IPS with ticket so they can help you

BUT again remove my templates before you do that because the problem is your upload path not the templates