A different article styles By Pages ( IP.Content )

1 hour ago, Shadow Wolf said:

Does this only modify the "home Article" view or does it also apply to the "Categories" within Pages?

Hi!

No. category and listing template is not included, You can apply the display template on categories tho

however, only display listing, article template "Home article", modified, including blocks for all the styles  

Pages SuperGrid has category, You should check it out :) 

Edited by TAMAN

Hi Taman,

For some reason, I can get the articles to show when I use it as a Block. I have to have a Database AND the Block added to the page. Otherwise it just disappears. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Also, for some reason, the images aren't clickable.

Edited by ArchangelX
23 minutes ago, ArchangelX said:

Hi Taman,

For some reason, I can get the articles to show when I use it as a Block. I have to have a Database AND the Block added to the page. Otherwise it just disappears. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hi! 

The styles can be applied on the main database page 

ACP > Pages > Database > Edit your database > Show records like articles > Article template

MaxthonSnap20170115071850.png

then if you visit your main database page you should see the articles with new styles 

32 minutes ago, ArchangelX said:

If you select a fixed height on the plugin settings, some of the styles uses the images as a cover, they are not clickable, its normal 

Okay, I understand the image part..

But will I always have to have a Database & a Block on the same page in order to get the Block to show?  Something seems buggy although I think it may be with the way IPB works rather than your plugin. Thanks.

I just want the blocks only to show...

Edited by ArchangelX
32 minutes ago, ArchangelX said:

Okay, I understand the image part..

But will I always have to have a Database & a Block on the same page in order to get the Block to show?  Something seems buggy although I think it may be with the way IPB works rather than your plugin. Thanks.

I just want the blocks only to show...

No, there is no bug or anything.

ACP > Pages > Pages add your database to a page first, without adding your database to a page, your database feed block does not work, in fact you cant even add a block feed if your database is not added in a page. thats how pages works, there is no bugs or must add a block to the same database page to work. 

Edited by TAMAN
1 minute ago, TAMAN said:

No, there is no bug or anything.

ACP > Pages > Pages add your database to a page first, without adding your database to a page, your database feed block does not work, in fact you cant even add a block feed if your database is not added in a page. 

Ahhh..okay.  Sorry, still new to pages. That makes sense I guess.  Is there any way to give the Blocks sections with your plugin a visible title?  I want to have different blocks for different categories of my database.

Just now, ArchangelX said:

Ahhh..okay.  Sorry, still new to pages. That makes sense I guess.  Is there any way to give the Blocks sections with your plugin a visible title?  I want to have different blocks for different categories of my database.

of course, you can create a block and set the configuration settings to show records of a specific category of your database

MaxthonSnap20170115080737.png

4 hours ago, Nukeproof Mega said:

Hello,

I have pages but haven't really used them as I'm not entirely sure on how to set it up, would you be able to assist setting this up on my site, obviously I would pay you for your additional time? 

Sure, send me a login account with access to Pages addon only and with a little info about what you want and i do it when i can :) 

I dont charge for just setting it up^^

Edited by TAMAN
5 hours ago, tzrtim said:

How can you limit the amount of text? :) Just want to try get all the blocks around the text the same size so they not all different hights 

Hi!

What text? the title or description?

description is truncated and it will always show 3 lines of text, but title is not truncated, i can help if you want to truncate titles :) 

-

Just now, TAMAN said:

Add this somewhere on top of your custom block

<h3 class='ipsWidget_title ipsType_reset'>Header</h3>

I know of that method however is this possible using the provided method of creating the block?

Example. I am trying to add that header to the block created using

Block > Create New Block > Plugin -> Template.

Do I need to edit the template for this?

The Plugin block isn't like the other ones where I can simply just add HTML. At least I don't think.

3 minutes ago, AeroSimGaming said:

The Plugin block isn't like the other ones where I can simply just add HTML. At least I don't think.

MaxthonSnap20170201010755.thumb.png.b6a1bec8a313d08578bd59849fe86e13.png

Select "Use as a base for a custom template" and add the header

and add your header

<h3 class='ipsWidget_title ipsType_reset'>{$title}</h3>

Edited by TAMAN
26 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

Why not add WYSIWYD editor block with text then add code to the css

.ipsBox[data-blockid="app_cms_Wysiwyg_CODE of block"]
{ border: 0 !important; background: none !important; box-shadow: none !important; }

I dont understand!