Help Installing Software

Larmel Gaming

Hello,

The Client Area was updated a few days ago and the guide has not yet been updated, sorry about that. ^_^

Having said that (I'm assuming you are using 'self hosted' and not a 'Cloud') as 'Cloud' have a different procedure as they do not usually have download access.

Go to Manage Purchases > https://www.invisionpower.com/clientarea/purchases/

You'll see a list of your purchases. Click the package name here:

cc_d1.png

On the next screen you'll see the download option on the right hand side:

cc_d2.png

Thank you very much for the quick replies.

Looking at your responses, I think I may have rushed buying the product and accidentally got the wrong one....oops. Below are screenshots of what my area looks like.

fb40a.png

97813.png

If I have made a silly mistake with what I have purchased, I was wondering if there is any way for me to change the package?

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Larmel Gaming said:

Thank you very much for the quick replies.

Looking at your responses, I think I may have rushed buying the product and accidentally got the wrong one....oops. Below are screenshots of what my area looks like.

fb40a.png

97813.png

If I have made a silly mistake with what I have purchased, I was wondering if there is any way for me to change the package?

Thank you.

Yes, that is our Cloud offering which means you're hosted with us. If this is not what you intended to purchase, please contact our Account Services team via a ticket and we'll work with you. 

Hello,

That looks like a 'Cloud' package you've purchased.

Is it the wrong 'size' or did you intend to use a 'self hosted' one ? ^_^

The best way to proceed now is to simply open a request in the Client Area so a member of the Support Team can assist you.

The link is here  simply click the 'New Request' button on the right and choose 'Client Account Services' from the department dropdown list.

cc_d3.png

2 minutes ago, AndyF said:

Hello,

That looks like a 'Cloud' package you've purchased.

Is it the wrong 'size' or did you intend to use a 'self hosted' one ? ^_^

The best way to proceed now is to simply open a request in the Client Area so a member of the Support Team can assist you.

The link is here  simply click the 'New Request' button on the right and choose 'Client Account Services' from the department dropdown list.

The package size is fine, and I am unsure how to actually download the IPS Community Suite. This is because in the image you provided, in the grey rectangle, there is an option to download the ISP Community Suite, and in mine, that option does not exist.

Just now, Larmel Gaming said:

The package size is fine, and I am unsure how to actually download the IPS Community Suite. This is because in the image you provided, in the grey rectangle, there is an option to download the ISP Community Suite, and in mine, that option does not exist.

The 'cloud' packages are hosted by IPS, so there's no download for them as such. ^_^ as they include the hosting side of it too, so you can concentrate on running the site rather than having to worry about servers etc.

If you require a download of the software itself then a 'self hosted' package is required, this is simply a download and you'd need to have hosting for it available.

if you're not sure or you need to change this package (going from your post it sounds like you may) please simply open a ticket to Account Services as above and they will be able to explain the differences in detail and make any adjustments for you. ^_^

You're welcome. ^_^

I'm not sure what you're asking as 'Cloud' is hosted by IPS, so you'd simply login to your community and manage it. You'd not have to deal with the server side of things.

A 'self hosted' package is a downloadable .zip, with this you'd need to have a host to upload the files to.

^_^

Did you actually need a 'self hosted' package ? I'm merely asking this as if you've not already got a host etc then starting with a 'Cloud' is probably ideal as you can always purchase a 'self hosted' later and move to your own host if you needed to.

A support technician will be able to advise in detail on your options however in the Client Area if you submit a request.

3 minutes ago, Larmel Gaming said:

I am so sorry, my jargon isn't quite right and I have been using the wrong word. I was wondering if there was a guide that shows me how to setup my server through the cloud, or modify it for my liking. THanks!

Are you using your own server ?

The 'Cloud' package you have purchased as per your screenshot does not have any server side 'adjustments' as the IPS cloud servers are tailored to suit the software perfectly. ^_^

Has the installation been completed ? By this I mean does your community load when you click the URL provided ? You can change this URL later if needed. With 'cloud' the installation is automatic but it may take a few minutes after purchase to complete.

Just now, AndyF said:

The 'Cloud' package you have purchased as per your screenshot does not have any server side 'adjustments' as the IPS cloud servers are tailored to suit the software perfectly. ^_^

Has the installation been completed ? By this I mean does your community load when you click the URL provided ? You can change this later if needed.

No, my community doesn't load when I click the URL http://larmelgaming.invisionzone.com/

Also, how would I access the adminCP for the community?

The admin link by default would be site url / admin , so in your case (site name).com/admin/ ^_^

There is a link when you login anyway (unless you turn it off) on the user menu on the top right. See pic:

acp4linkmenu.png

Clicking this will show the login form again (same credentials as the ones you use to login to your community) this time just for the admin panel, as given its nature you have to re-authenticate yourself to access it.

I see your URL is working now. ^_^ I would assume it was in the process of being installed a short time ago.

Enjoy your new community. ^_^

9 hours ago, AndyF said:

Has the installation been completed ? By this I mean does your community load when you click the URL provided ? You can change this later if needed.

Thank you very much. As I said before, I appreciate all of the help you are given me. The service you have given me ensures I will stay as a customer for some time, thank you.

Archived