Suggestion: topic moderator

tolik777

2 hours ago, Alexaner Pachkovsky said:

Do You have some progress or results?

Sorry, my version isn't working, but another developer told me that he's working on this and that he'll probably release it ASAP IPS 4.2 gets released.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Actually, all apps that uses reputation on its content items or add tabs to Groups or Members on ACP, will crash.

I have quite a few apps that add tabs in the ACP that are fine. I can understand any reputation ones but I'm personally not having any issues.

image.thumb.png.f28c013cfe5a0a89ee71a889e49b5e3d.png

I will admit the only thing that I have that has reputation is likely the advanced status bar widget but it's working just fine just no rep on the front page:

image.thumb.png.9bb8ddec33a3a880da0f03a98bb6d7b3.png

So I think it really depends on the mod and the way it was written but I don't think it's an excessive amount of mods that won't work.

I have over a dozen apps and 30 plugins in which I'm not having issues with them.

Discord is not a plugin. Neither is Member/Staff tools.

It's possible that they don't use that extension but it's unfair to say an extensive amount of apps/plugins will be broken on this version. There will be things that break (there always is when there is an upgrade) but I have proof positive that there likely isn't as many as implied here.

Just now, Morrigan said:

but it's unfair to say an extensive amount of apps/plugins will be broken on this version.

I said:

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

all apps that uses reputation on its content items or add tabs to Groups or Members on ACP, will crash.

The second part due to content router, as explainded below:

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The error happens when you use the Content Router extension in your app.

Anyway, I never used ANY of the stuff you said. I'm aware of my resources. I'm just point where errors will happen.

lol, I think that we are debating over semantics. I wasn't saying that there would be "no" broken apps. I was correcting the implication that most apps/plugins will be broken upon upgrade.

So really we are saying very similar things.

I'm saying:
Most Apps/Plugins will not be broken but some will be.

You're saying:
All apps affected by Content Router will be broken (most of which that affect reputation or (acp) member edit tabs).

Both are correct however was not the point of my post. I am in no way countering that you are correct, apps will be broken that are affected by the changes in the upgrade but I countered the original persons statement about the quantity. @Adriano Faria

• 8 months later...

Archived