(NB41) Topic Cover

Is there a way to set which groups can manage topic covers on existing topics?  I'd like to make this an exclusive feature for members of a specific group, however, I'm not able to give them access to upload/update a topic cover on an existing topic or after a topic is created. 

Never mind, I added an if array statement within the nbTopicCover template and it's done what I needed.  Would be a nice built-in feature, though.

Edited by Alismora
1 hour ago, Alismora said:

Is there a way to set which groups can manage topic covers on existing topics?  I'd like to make this an exclusive feature for members of a specific group, however, I'm not able to give them access to upload/update a topic cover on an existing topic or after a topic is created. 

Sorry, can't edit my post, but I'd still like to request this feature.  I can't get the uploader to work at the top of the topic when I make the change.

74f845a3f51a447d13721f159e05f6c3.png

Is there a way that the Manage setting can be group based similar to how permissions are set for topic creation?  I only want specific groups to be able to set covers on new topics and existing topics.  Currently, turning Manage on will allow all topic authors, regardless of group, to add a topic cover to their topics.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:04 AM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

No.

I'll upload new version coming soon

The marketplace listing says this works for 4.4 yes?  I just updated your app to the latest version and when someone goes to upload a topic photo, this template error displays within their topic:

5c891743eb8e56445e2f1933a0da8acb.png

This displays on our custom theme and the Invision default theme.  Disabling the application removes the template error and they can access the topic normally.

Hello,

2 minutes ago, Alismora said:

The marketplace listing says this works for 4.4 yes?  I just updated your app to the latest version and when someone goes to upload a topic photo, this template error displays within their topic:

I can't reproduce on 4.4.1

Could you give me ACP access?

• 1 year later...

I'm considering buy this, before I would like assure that:

1. Cover for topic page and forum page too? 

2. There any demo or website already have it implemented? I would like check how it looks at on the mobile. 

Hello,

14 hours ago, kmk said:

1. Cover for topic page and forum page too

Not sure what you mean.

The cover image only displays on the topic page.

14 hours ago, kmk said:

2. There any demo or website already have it implemented? 

No demo.

14 hours ago, kmk said:

I would like check how it looks at on the mobile. 

I hide the topic cover on mobile

But you can use css to display it https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/432553-nb41-topic-cover/?do=findComment&comment=2720246

• 3 months later...

Hey newbie, I just updated this today after getting the notification via ACP.  v1.0.2  Unfortunately, with this app enabled, users are unable to make topics. 

Members receive the following error after submission:

unknown.png?width=960&height=326

The topic shows in the topic list, but clicking on it throws the same error as above to anyone who tries to view it, including staff.

This is the error I get in the logs:

OutOfRangeException: (0)
#0 /home/***/***/system/Content/Comment.php(402): IPS\Patterns_ActiveRecord::load(NULL)
#1 /home/***/***/system/Content/Content.php(417): IPS\Content_Comment->item()
#2 /home/***/***/system/Content/Comment.php(187): IPS_Content->checkProfanityFilters(true)
#3 /home/***/***/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(128): IPS\Content_Comment::create(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), '<p>\n\tHi hru all...', true, 'Luxor', NULL, Object(IPS\Member), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#4 /home/***/***/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(43): IPS\forums\Topic_Post::create(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), '<p>\n\tHi hru all...', true, 'Luxor', NULL, Object(IPS\Member), NULL, NULL, NULL)
#5 /home/***/***/system/Content/Item.php(406): IPS\forums\Topic\cms_hook_Post::create(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), '<p>\n\tHi hru all...', true, 'Luxor', NULL, Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/***/***/system/Content/Item.php(133): IPS\Content_Item::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#7 /home/***/***/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(465): IPS\Content_Item::create(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#8 /home/***/***/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums_forums->add()
#9 /home/***/***/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/***/***/index.php(13): IPS_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Topic creation works fine without issues when the Topic Cover app is disabled.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 1:18 AM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Confirmed

I'm working on fix

Upd. Fixed.

Thank you for the fix on the posts.  We've run into another issue.

Guests who try to register to our site receive an error after they submit their registration form.  After long testing and troubleshooting, we've discovered that it only happens when this app is enabled.  This is the full log from ACP:

REPLACE INTO `core_pfields_content` ( `member_id` ) VALUES ( NULL )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'member_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /home/***/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(979): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*gasrforu_foru...', Array)
#1 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(627): IPS\_Db->replace('core_pfields_co...', Array)
#2 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(239): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(Array, Array, NULL, Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#3 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(102): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm(NULL)
#4 /home/***/public_html/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#5 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\nexus_hook_register->manage()
#6 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/***/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/***/public_html/init.php(988): IPS\_Log::log('REPLACE INTO `c...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\Db\Exception))
#2 {main}

This is a very critical bug and we have to keep it disabled until this is resolved.  The registrations will still go through, however, this bug allows them to bypass email verification and lets them have full access of the website upon leaving the error page.

We made several accounts to test this:

f114be96e56762159305fcd03a399a34.png

We used a mixture of real and fake emails.  Notice how none of the accounts are awaiting email validation even though they should be.  (The cancelled registrations were tests done while the app was disabled.)  The test accounts are using fake emails and cannot validate via email, and the two accounts using real email addresses never received an email asking them to validate their account.  None of these accounts should have access to the website and should get the "Please confirm your email" page when they log into the site, but I'm able to browse/use the site like a validated user when I log into them.

When this app is disabled, registrations go through without the error and they are forced to validate via email as intended.

e0d359d2a873837a320a642ee7564523.png

Let me know if you need anymore information!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@newbie LAC  Just wondering if this will be updated for 4.6? We're hitting a snag with this enabled, so we've had to disable it for the time being.

Our members/staff cannot create new tabs or edit existing tabs within clubs. Here's what shows in the system logs:

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\forums\_Forum::clubForm(), 1 passed in /home/***/public_html/init.php(903) : eval()'d code on line 166 and exactly 2 expected (0)
#0 /home/***/public_html/init.php(903) : eval()'d code(166): IPS\forums\_Forum->clubForm(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#1 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(1545): IPS\forums\nbtopiccover_hook_nbTopicCoverForumsForum->clubForm(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Club))
#2 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->nodeForm()
#3 /home/***/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/***/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#5 /home/***/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}