(NB41) Topic Cover

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I eventually got around to this and wanted to check a couple of things since my ACP had a slight blip after installing it -- though I suspect it was due to my computer rather than the app -- and would like to make sure before I move to far into using the app:

• Does it work with IPS cloud hosting?
  • Is it supposed to add a top-level menu into the ACP?
    • It added the Topic Cover menu to the top on the very left side of the ACP.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Not tested. If you use the app on 4.2 and found any issues just tell me and I'll look into the problem and fix.

Sorry, I just reinstalled and It's now working. I will check properly for bugs and let you know :)

EDIT: Seems to work great :wub:

Edited by Lucas James
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

9 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Just purchased and downloaded. I don't see an XML file after unzipping the zip file. ? Just a few screenshots and a .tar file. 

It's an application. I forgot add txt file with instruction. Sorry about that.

Install as application. ACP - System - Applications - click on Install button - select .tar file.

8 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Now if I could only figure out the permissions and settings. There is no drop down module listed under the application to adjust anything.

i426j9.png

and ACP - Members - Moderators - select any moderator - tab Topic Cover

oh ok! Thanks. I got it now. 

I like this feature on it's own, but was hoping this new topic cover image would be the image that Facebook used for the sharer image when sharing a topic. Do you know if there is a way to set the meta tag on that image so it is sort of a featured image for FB? I know when sharing a calendar event, which also uses a cover image, that image is what is displayed on FB. 

• 1 month later...

A couple of things with the current version (1.0.0):

• It seems as if the "Topic authors can manage covers" option overrides the Group permissions directly above it.  Example: I have a group called simply "Member," which cannot set covers according to the Group menu.  However, he created a topic in a Club and was able to set the photo because "Topic authors can manage covers" is ON.  Is this intentional?  It seems that the Group permissions should override cover management, not the other way around.
  • Perhaps related to the first one: the Member who created a topic in my Club was not only able to set a photo cover for his topic - when the Reposition screen came up so he could move the topic cover to where he wanted it, he could also adjust the cover image for the entire Club!  So obviously that should be fixed. :)
Edited by liquidfractal

Hello,

6 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

It seems as if the "Topic authors can manage covers" option overrides the Group permissions directly above it.  Example: I have a group called simply "Member," which cannot set covers according to the Group menu.  However, he created a topic in a Club and was able to set the photo because "Topic authors can manage covers" is ON.  Is this intentional?  It seems that the Group permissions should override cover management, not the other way around.

The setting "Groups (Who can set covers when create the topic)" affect on create topic form

Members can't set covers

tcover.jpg.7ea30bce751c78a2db96b8f4ea48dbd1.jpg

tcover2.thumb.jpg.e60d9ed6d54d0f1bfb3045bb74115359.jpg

Members can set covers

tcover3.jpg.25d008d40d9dbabbda4b8c1d21e918c1.jpg

tcover4.thumb.jpg.68eb79e0b9f53036e34d72204e928dae.jpg

The setting "Manage (Topic authors can manage covers)" affect on existing topics

Don't forget check moderators permissions

tcover5.thumb.jpg.dcc514b5af48cfd5cc253c0093915bf8.jpg

6 hours ago, liquidfractal said:
  • Perhaps related to the first one: the Member who created a topic in my Club was not only able to set a photo cover for his topic - when the Reposition screen came up so he could move the topic cover to where he wanted it, he could also adjust the cover image for the entire Club!  So obviously that should be fixed. :)

The application doesn't related with clubs covers.

If you allowed topic author manage covers in his topics he can add/edit/delete covers.

Hello,

1 minute ago, Optic14 said:

This Topic Cover is similar style to Profile Cover?

Yes.

Like calendar event cover photo, blog cover photo, etc.

3 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Will it show OK on mobile ?

I hide the cover on mobile

1. It's by default. The block has css class ipsResponsive_hidePhone

You can remove that class