Classifieds System

Hi @Adriano Faria, is there a way to change the advert condition once posted? I ask as there’s been an influx of adverts recently which people haven’t stated the correction condition. If not, could we have an option under ‘edit advert’ on the front end?

I thought there was a way through ACP a few versions back where you could edit the add?

Many thanks.

On 1/27/2021 at 11:30 PM, H C said:

Quarterly update until I get an answer on this:

Users still cannot delete/close/mark their 'expired' ads and still get contacted about them. Why is there no way to allow people to deleted/close/relist/generally-interact-at-all with their expired ads?

H C, you are a saint as to how patient you are.

As to problems I have found so far:

What about the triple saves of each classified?

What about loss of images if a user edits a classified?

Why does it allow to save a classified with added, mandatory fields not filled?

Why is there a selection column in ACP f.e. in deleted classifieds which serves no purpose? Still lhave to delete them one by one.

Why can I only show 10 classifieds at a time in ACP?

Why can I not show a mix of all classifieds over different categories in one view?

Etc., etc., etc.

I am really getting frustrated waiting for a fix for some of the bugs, let alone essential functionality. I bought 2 copies, one for testing, but I don't need to test, my users do it for me. And they are not happy. Neither am I.

I only noticed this stuff was in beta when I installed my copies. How the heck can you actually sell something that is in beta? Come on. BTW, I would call this alpha, not beta. All it does is look pretty, but not much else, and not even that pretty. Andy Milne's Classifieds for 3.4.x worked way better, even though that had a few tiny bugs, and really only because it was noi longer supported for the latest versions of 3.4.x.

What a mess. I am deeply disappointed.

Regards, Wim

On 2/2/2021 at 2:30 PM, CP_User said:

Hi @Adriano Faria, is there a way to change the advert condition once posted? I ask as there’s been an influx of adverts recently which people haven’t stated the correction condition. If not, could we have an option under ‘edit advert’ on the front end?

I thought there was a way through ACP a few versions back where you could edit the add?

Many thanks.

Sorry, I keep making the mistake! I meant @InvisionHQ. Doh!

Edited by CP_User

Hi, i want to use this app for virtual items only with this method. 

1. Member create offer for sell seme virtual items.

2. Buyer look for offer and make purchace (but money now hold on page not send to seller for now)

3. Mark offer as purchaced, and now seller must send virtual item to buyer 

4. Buyer mark a offer as completed when recived item, and now money are sended to seller

It is possible with this app?

Hi @InvisionHQ

When going to a parent category with no advert, by default, classifieds simply lists subcategories and says "no advert in this parent category"

On this parent category, i would like to show all adverts belonging to all of its subcategories

How can i do that ?

Thank you !

Edited by Durango
On 2/1/2021 at 10:53 AM, statusjpn said:

Hello @InvisionHQ, sorry to be a bother, do you have a final release date yet on the final release for 4.5.x?

Thanks!

The final version is almost ready. Every time I give an ETA there is someone who complains. That's why I cannot be more precise at the moment. If there are bugs that are so serious that need an urgency support, I will make myself available via PM.

On 2/2/2021 at 3:30 PM, CP_User said:

Many thanks.

From advert actions -> Change Advert Type

1601382896_Schermata2021-02-10alle08_34_28.png.5d0325e00f85511efff59b20bbcf327d.png

On 2/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, wimg said:

H C, you are a saint as to how patient you are.

As to problems I have found so far:

What about the triple saves of each classified?

What about loss of images if a user edits a classified?

Why does it allow to save a classified with added, mandatory fields not filled?

Why is there a selection column in ACP f.e. in deleted classifieds which serves no purpose? Still lhave to delete them one by one.

Why can I only show 10 classifieds at a time in ACP?

Why can I not show a mix of all classifieds over different categories in one view?

Etc., etc., etc.

I am really getting frustrated waiting for a fix for some of the bugs, let alone essential functionality. I bought 2 copies, one for testing, but I don't need to test, my users do it for me. And they are not happy. Neither am I.

I only noticed this stuff was in beta when I installed my copies. How the heck can you actually sell something that is in beta? Come on. BTW, I would call this alpha, not beta. All it does is look pretty, but not much else, and not even that pretty. Andy Milne's Classifieds for 3.4.x worked way better, even though that had a few tiny bugs, and really only because it was noi longer supported for the latest versions of 3.4.x.

What a mess. I am deeply disappointed.

Regards, Wim

I'm sorry, especially as the same app runs smoothly on hundreds of forums without having to define an ALPHA. There are ways and ways to report anomalies and bugs, this is the wrong way. If you are not satisfied with the product ask for a refund and your life will be happier. Mine will continue to make sense without your $40.

Returning to the "reports":

1.  I don't see any problem with the "triple save" of adverts. Bug absolutely not confirmed. It is easier to think of a malfunction in the DB or in the connection of the user who clicked 200 times.

2. I can't replicate this issue. Other customers with the same "bug" here?

3. I can't replicate this issue, which mandatory fields are you talking about? title, description and price I have just tried them and they work perfectly.

4. Bah... I think you talk about filters not selection column. The are not feature in the ACP for multi select adverts, perhaps you have mistaken the flag 'set as active' for a selection checkbox... Again no issue.

5. It's called "pagination", It is not a bug and is something that invision also uses in its apps. It works as it should.

6. Because that is what the app is all about. Make your own, or like normal people do, make a proposal. Not a bug.

Then or the "Etc., etc., etc." hides dozens of dangerous bugs or you've wasted 10 minutes of my time for nothing. I still believe that a refund request is the best option for you.

On 2/9/2021 at 4:18 AM, Zdeněk Tůma said:

Hi, i want to use this app for virtual items only with this method. 

1. Member create offer for sell seme virtual items.

2. Buyer look for offer and make purchace (but money now hold on page not send to seller for now)

3. Mark offer as purchaced, and now seller must send virtual item to buyer 

4. Buyer mark a offer as completed when recived item, and now money are sended to seller

It is possible with this app?

Not really, Member can create advert also for sell virtual items and yes, the seller can see the members offers.

but 2,3,4 are features not present in the app.

21 hours ago, Durango said:

Hi @InvisionHQ

When going to a parent category with no advert, by default, classifieds simply lists subcategories and says "no advert in this parent category"

On this parent category, i would like to show all adverts belonging to all of its subcategories

How can i do that ?

Thank you !

It seems like a reasonable request

4 hours ago, leonovich_J said:

The app looks completely abandoned. The last update was six months ago. Since then, a huge number of errors have been found which, as I understand it, no one is going to fix...

It's not abandoned, I wrote days ago that I was working on the final release... anyway since the final version is almost ready, could you make me a list of this "HUGE NUMBER OF ERRORS" so that I don't forget anything?

The only reported and confirmed bugs are the feedback and the filters bug.

Edited by InvisionHQ

Hi @InvisionHQ

Great news to hear the new version is almost ready ! does it include the Advert filters #2 (custom fields) (as i can see on your 2.3 forthcoming versions detail) ? 🙂

23 hours ago, Durango said:

Hi @InvisionHQ

How can i do that ?

Thank you !

InvisionHQ said:

It seems like a reasonable request

About this, can i do it know by editing something ? or do i need to wait for new version ?

Thanks 🙂 

12 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

The final version is almost ready. Every time I give an ETA there is someone who complains. That's why I cannot be more precise at the moment. If there are bugs that are so serious that need an urgency support, I will make myself available via PM.

From advert actions -> Change Advert Type

1601382896_Schermata2021-02-10alle08_34_28.png.5d0325e00f85511efff59b20bbcf327d.png

Hi @InvisionHQ that is for the advert type. I’m talking about condition, this is where you can set (for example) New, used, free, etc. Would you be able to add an edit button for these too, under change advert type. We could have ‘Change Condition’?

Currently there is no way to change this once the advert is made.

Edited by CP_User
On 2/10/2021 at 3:52 PM, InvisionHQ said:

Thanks for your update.

Would you recommend i wait for the final release (so i can save the hassle of not going through the update) or should i just go ahead and purchase/install the beta version for 4.5.x now?

Realistically, i'd like to have the classifieds live on my site before 31st March 2021 so am exploring options of which would be the 'cleaner' route to take.

Btw i 2nd the request for showing all adverts in parent category and filtering by custom fields, i think those would be awesome!

Thanks again for all the hard work @InvisionHQ!

Yes i can confirm the beta is very stable 🙂

@InvisionHQ could you include the possibility to sort by price (high to low and versa) i think the drop down (sort by) would be the best place to have it in categories

This is a very popular request by users, when you are in a category with hundreds of adverts, it is very useful to be able to sort them by price from high to low (and versa)

Thanks 🙂

Edited by Durango

A little update on the status of the final release

Tasks done:

FIXED Feedback integration
FIXED minor css issues 
ADDED sort by price (low to high)
ADDED change advert condition for user 
FIXED filters with pagination issue

Tasks still open that I would like to include in this release:

(feature) User can delete/close/mark 'expired' ads

All other feature's requests with ETA to be defined:

(?) Bump advert
(?) Parent category show also subcategory adverts

Edited by InvisionHQ
fixed pagination

I did the test when I press the buy now button the window with the purchase of the item appears, but without the commission (Transaction Fee for Site ) added, which I have set in ACP in Commerce Integration  TAB. I have the same price in buy gateway which in item site.

Have idea to gix this problem in sales commissions?

Edited by marcin554

Classifieds does not add commission.
The commission will be deducted from the price of the item.

The same thing happens on this marketplace or with Amazon, Google, Apple...
If an object costs $100 the buyer pays $100.

Commissions are deducted afterwards and the seller will be refunded with $100-commission.