Classifieds System

4 hours ago, Chris027 said:

I just upgraded to 4.5 today, from 4.4.10, and believe I had to find the match manually. Once I did that it worked perfect. 

Hi @Chris027 I wasn't able to get mine to match, I can go through the process of matching I don't get any errors, but it just shows as below, and I can't upgrade it.

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.e7881ab2c4fc5bfbbb54c265c6b2ac65.png

I upgraded to 4.5.2 yesterday and Classifieds 2.2.0 Beta 2, but now nobody can register as a new member of my site. It appears that Classifieds is the issue. Please help.

EDIT: I disabled classifieds and still have the issue. Sorry, not you :~)

1680671845_ScreenShot2020-09-15at10_10_08AM.thumb.png.62d16224997201ffb8f15b34c16dd0fa.png

Edited by Chris027
On 9/15/2020 at 8:58 AM, optrexnz said:

Can I install this twice? And say have one install to list classified adverts and another install on the same forum to list physical sales?

No, it's not possible.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:23 AM, asigno said:

Hi @Chris027 I wasn't able to get mine to match, I can go through the process of matching I don't get any errors, but it just shows as below, and I can't upgrade it.

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.e7881ab2c4fc5bfbbb54c265c6b2ac65.png

Two options here, send me a PM with ACP access or open a ticket in your client area.

17 hours ago, Chris027 said:

EDIT: I disabled classifieds and still have the issue. Sorry, not you :~)

It seems an error related to an old version of classifieds.

@InvisionHQ  Two questions.

Is there a way for someone to create an advert and leave it up indefinitely/forever, generating multiple sales on the same advert without ever expiring or being marked sold? 

Is there a way for people to include optional add-ons customers can select when buying an advert if the seller wants to offer premium services for an additional charge?

Thank you!

On 9/19/2020 at 8:20 AM, ahc said:

Is there a way for someone to create an advert and leave it up indefinitely/forever, generating multiple sales on the same advert without ever expiring or being marked sold? 

Classifieds support quantity then you can make a package which expires after many days and add an advert with quantity.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:20 AM, ahc said:

Is there a way for people to include optional add-ons customers can select when buying an advert if the seller wants to offer premium services for an additional charge?

No

On 9/17/2020 at 3:44 PM, Chris027 said:

On 4.5.2 using Classifieds 2.2.0 Beta 2, the link to a member's store in their profile pages is gone. 

Noted

Is it possible to run Classifieds without a Commerce? On all our 3 installations we don't need any transaction facility since we just need to display adverts and let the members communicate via PMs. In other words we need only only probably 50% of functions Classifieds are offering at the moment and yet we are required to pay Commerce in order to have Classified running. In case it is required, would it be feasible to consider any light version of the application, which would not be dependent on Classifieds?

On 9/21/2020 at 10:48 AM, jfmakis said:

Member Group gets an Error message when they click on an ad. I have checked all permissions in Module and Categories and there are no restrictions. Have I missed something please? Thanks in advance

if you want I can check your ACP, this is configuration issue.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:13 PM, Steph40 said:

@InvisionHQ Ckassifieds shows up twice in the mobile menu with beta 2

Thanks, fixed in Beta 3

On 9/25/2020 at 11:48 PM, svit said:

Is it possible to run Classifieds without a Commerce? On all our 3 installations we don't need any transaction facility since we just need to display adverts and let the members communicate via PMs. In other words we need only only probably 50% of functions Classifieds are offering at the moment and yet we are required to pay Commerce in order to have Classified running. In case it is required, would it be feasible to consider any light version of the application, which would not be dependent on Classifieds?

No, it' not possible, it's a feature in the roadmap, but I don't know when it come

After the update to 4.5 the Classifieds app (1.3.5) seemed to cause slow running so I've tried to install the new version via Marketplace but get the error "An application is already installed that uses the same Application Key, this application cannot be installed unless the other is removed"

What is the correct process from this point forward please? Would removal cause any loss of existing adverts?

2 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

you have to match the old app with the one in the marketplace.

When I was presented with a list it didn't bring up a match so I had to select 'no match found' or whatever it said to move on with the others it did find. How do I get back to that to try and match it again?

Hi there, my first member has paid to become a gold member so he can post adverts but it does not seem to be working , he is using a mobile phone, how do we fix this. I am on 4.5 and classifieds is up to date. Invision support say it is a classifieds issue. I have previously sent you my details via PM so you can access the ACP regarding the last issue but have never got a reply.  

Thanks Kenny   

here is the message he just sent 

So it pans out like this. I complete the advert filling in all the required fields. I submit it and nothing at all happens. If I click on my adverts it says nothing yet or words to that effect. If I click on new advert the item description & images are saved but the rest goes back to blank. Might be a mobile phone 'unfriendly' issue perhaps. Anyway that's the state  of play. 

Cheers

Paul

Edited by kenneth andrew
  • 3 weeks later...