Classifieds System

Asking again outside of PMs this time for a feature that allows people to mark advertisements as 'completed' (or whatever) after they have expired.

There are many people who are having to renew advertisements simply to be able to close them properly and avoid getting messages about items that are no longer available.

Hello I have noticed that the classifieds App, when installed on 4.5B4 is causing some system errors on my site, preventing users to register. Would it be possible to have at least a beta of the application, so that we could use it on our sites which have Invision 4.5B4 installed?

On 6/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, InvisionHQ said:

@Maxxius Are you available to testing new menu?

I've made some progress but I need someone to test that everything works out for the best.

Schermata 2020-06-14 alle 11.38.55.png

This looks fantastic, I cant wait to see it. Such a better solution, thanks.

Also +1 for the new registrations lock in beta, pretty please.

On 6/24/2020 at 4:26 AM, Chris027 said:

My site is setup so the first post of any new member must be approved by a moderator. Someone posted an advert as his first post today and when I clicked the approve button I got the following error:

LogicException:  (0)
#0 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Email/Email.php(473): IPS\_Email::devProcessTemplate('email__classifi...', 'The advert %s i...', Array, 'plaintext')
#1 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Email/Email.php(818): IPS\_Email->compileSubject(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#2 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(574): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#3 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(555): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#4 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/applications/classifieds/sources/Advert/Advert.php(1844): IPS\_Notification->send()
#5 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Content/Content.php(801): IPS\classifieds\_Advert->unhide(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Content/Controller.php(878): IPS\_Content->modAction('unhide')
#7 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Content\_Controller->moderate()
#8 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/applications/classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php(59): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\classifieds\modules\front\classifieds\_view->execute()
#11 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

129140825_ScreenShot2020-06-23at9_21_34PM.thumb.png.a4a13a36b055a4bd3e88469dbc407763.png824097364_ScreenShot2020-06-23at9_21_42PM.thumb.png.3ec75825457160f80efb834d43a58eba.png

Same problem try to disable email notification for approved adverts. 

This issue is fixed in the next release ready for 4.5

On 6/26/2020 at 7:05 PM, svit said:

Hello I have noticed that the classifieds App, when installed on 4.5B4 is causing some system errors on my site, preventing users to register. Would it be possible to have at least a beta of the application, so that we could use it on our sites which have Invision 4.5B4 installed?

I not cover support for beta sorry.

After upgrading to 4.5 Betas you will likely be getting the below system error, and users will be unable to register with Classifieds on. I am not sure how to fix it and I am afraid waiting for releasing the final forum version + time to develop updated Classifieds will take a lot of time...

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(), 2 passed in /www/doc/www.....com/www/init.php(871) : eval()'d code on line 17 and exactly 4 expected (0)
#0 /www/doc/www.....com/www/init.php(871) : eval()'d code(17): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(Array, Array)
#1 /www/doc/www.....com/www/init.php(871) : eval()'d code(13): IPS\core\modules\front\system\classifieds_hook_newMemberCredit::_createMember(Array, Array, NULL)
#2 /www/doc/www......com/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(239): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook1574::_createMember(Array, Array, NULL, Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#3 /www/doc/www.......com/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(102): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm(NULL)
#4 /www/doc/www.......com/www/init.php(871) : eval()'d code(27): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#5 /www/doc/www.......com/www/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\nexus_hook_register->manage()
#6 /www/doc/www.......com/www/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /www/doc/www.......com/www/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I currently have a custom dev classifieds system but it is not that great and since i moved my forum to IPS it would make sense to migrate toward a classfied plugin.

Now i have 2 questions :

- i don't have commerce right now so it woul be great if i could avoid buying it, do you have any idea of the timeframe for this version ?

- Is there a way (other that direct SQL but i think i could achieve it) to import existing ads form my current system ?

Best regards.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:44 PM, InvisionHQ said:

I'll see if I can release a beta version too.

This would be really greatly appreciated or at least a patch which would resolve the current issue with classifieds blocking users registration in 4.5.B. The Beta 9 seems to be quite stable and so hopefully this wouldn't be a wasted effort from your end and would help many admins to progress with their upgrade..

Edited by svit
On 7/16/2020 at 4:02 PM, jesuralem said:

Hi there,

I currently have a custom dev classifieds system but it is not that great and since i moved my forum to IPS it would make sense to migrate toward a classfied plugin.

Now i have 2 questions :

- i don't have commerce right now so it woul be great if i could avoid buying it, do you have any idea of the timeframe for this version ?

- Is there a way (other that direct SQL but i think i could achieve it) to import existing ads form my current system ?

Best regards.

- sadly no ETA for this feature, all effort now on 4.5 release.

- you can commission me an import script. But I'll have to take a look and then I'll have to quote it to you separately.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:15 AM, Kirk H said:

I was looking at purchasing this but it's currently not for sale? 😞

- Classifieds for 4.5 beta will be released today

On 7/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, svit said:

This would be really greatly appreciated or at least a patch which would resolve the current issue with classifieds blocking users registration in 4.5.B. The Beta 9 seems to be quite stable and so hopefully this wouldn't be a wasted effort from your end and would help many admins to progress with their upgrade..

- Classifieds for 4.5 beta will be released today

Edited by InvisionHQ
Just now, Josiah Wallingford

Can this work with the Members Shop application where people can sell items for points awarded there?

It looks like it is possible. I will do some testing but looks promising off the bat.
i just added a currency to commerce for the members shop points.
I do only want members to buy/sell with member shop points however and when I choose to force using just that currency USD still shows as an option. Maybe because I’m an administrator and other members won’t see that?

On 8/5/2020 at 12:40 AM, PalmTalk said:

Is there anyway for a User to post their own ad???

Sure, it's a classifieds app. All users can post ads and open a member shop.

12 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Can this work with the Members Shop application where people can sell items for points awarded there?

I have no idea. I don't own member shop app.

I can see I wasn't clear enough in my question about Users posting an ad - since I am unfamiliar with the Classified App. So let me try again.

I wish to let Users post their own ad for an item for sale. But I would also like "capture" a portion of the sale price. Since I suspect that would be very complicated, perhaps I could require a small yearly fee for the privilege to post ads and manage it through Group permissions? 

Or would there be a way to require a small payment per classified ad posted?

In other words, how might my site make a little money off allowing Users to post Classified Ads - with a minimum of Moderating and managing? Could this App help in that regard?

Just now, PalmTalk

I can see I wasn't clear enough in my question about Users posting an ad - since I am unfamiliar with the Classified App. So let me try again.

I wish to let Users post their own ad for an item for sale. But I would also like "capture" a portion of the sale price. Since I suspect that would be very complicated, perhaps I could require a small yearly fee for the privilege to post ads and manage it through Group permissions? 

Or would there be a way to require a small payment per classified ad posted?

In other words, how might my site make a little money off allowing Users to post Classified Ads - with a minimum of Moderating and managing? Could this App help in that regard?

There are three ways to do it from what I see.

1. It will allow you to charge a % of the sale once an item is sold to go to the website.
  2. You can set a dollar amount to charge for posting an ad.
  3. You can have the ability to charge for a membership level for members who have paid for that membership level/role to have the ability to post ads.

I don’t know of any other ways. You could do a combination of any of the three it seems.