Classifieds System

On 5/24/2020 at 8:12 AM, CSSlife said:

When will we see 2.2 and hopefully 2.3. As it is after March, we're 2 months overdue.

You're right, it's just a pandemic came along and blocked our world for two months.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:58 PM, Chris027 said:

Hello, is it possible to change the colors used in the background?

you can change color using some CSS rules on your custom.css file.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:07 AM, Chris027 said:

Is there a way to force users to select the category for each advert they post?

No, this is not possible ATM.

On 5/27/2020 at 7:16 PM, sofos said:

by activating the "Post a topic when an advert is submitted", the topic is created even if the announcement has not been approved by the moderator.

Is there any way to avoid this?

This has to be considered a bug. I'm about to release an update, see if I can fix this too.

4 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

@SC36DC for notification issue. It's not a bug.

333310694_Schermata2020-06-01alle12_58_39.png.2dc1c23e9061899aae6e2b90176156da.png

Practically questions are comments then if you enable notification for "someone comments on something I follow" notification for questions works.

I've always had that checked, and it seems to work for forum related content, just not for Classifieds when someone leaves a question. 

Can someone PLEASE help me with this as the same question has been asked by others here and there is no reply from the developer of anyone else.

I don't like the way the menu system works with this addon as it goes against every other addon and especially IPS itself. There are sub menu options of:

My Adverts

My Renewals

My Offers

My Wishlist

and these are placed in the user account menu and not as sub menu items and if you disable them in the app options then the user has no way of accessing them. If you enable them in the mobile menu through the app options then you get Classifieds as a menu item item twice.

If you want the sub menu options within the main IPS menu like every other addon and what IPS does itself then you have a problem creating the links because:

1. My Adverts contains the user ID to their profile

2. The other options contain csrfKey in their links

What I need is the links that can be used for the above in the IPS menu system so I can have:

1.jpg.8757197069d35c83f41c1dd0820b6f46.jpg

So I don't get things like:

2.jpg.aa15e95cb895122ae0178eaebcd4c7bc.jpg

PLEASE can someone help me with this...the developer or anyone???

1 hour ago, Maxxius said:

I have been asking for the same thing ages ago @InvisionHQ if you can't provide these menu entries now. Please note that for the new version. It much better user experience to have links like @ibaker asked. And in the meantime please at least provide how to do this?

UXjGnxD.jpg

I agree, totally counter productive to have the user dig around in a submenu within a submenu to access the classified pages. Just have a navigation tab on the MAIN menu with a sub-menu within that that links to these things. PLEASE 🙂

On 6/1/2020 at 8:48 AM, SC36DC said:

I've always had that checked, and it seems to work for forum related content, just not for Classifieds when someone leaves a question. 

I found out today someone had left a question on 1 of my adverts, again, I am not getting any notification at all when someone leaves a question. Is this bug? Is this a major feature lacking in this application? Please help. 

Thank you. 

I've already checked and answered. From my tests it is not a bug but a problem with the configuration of the notifications. If you want a check on your forum send me a PM with access data to your ACP.

15 hours ago, Maxxius said:

I have been asking for the same thing ages ago @InvisionHQ if you can't provide these menu entries now. Please note that for the new version. It much better user experience to have links like @ibaker asked. And in the meantime please at least provide how to do this?

If there is interest (more people who need this change) I can try to see if I can find a solution for the next versions of the app.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:53 PM, H C said:
On 5/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, SC36DC said:

If someones leave a question on a advert, shouldn't the seller receive a notification that someone left a question for them? I checked the Notification Settings, and I do not see the option to turn on for this. There definitely should be a setting for, 'An advert has received a question'. 

If I am missing something please let me know. I just found out today that someone left a question on one of my adverts back on April 15. If this not a feature/setting, could you PLEASE consider adding this, as not answering a question in a timely manner could mean the difference between sale or no sale. 

Thank you so much!!

Agree. I thought this was a bug on our end but it turns out that it doesn't exist.

@InvisionHQ

This person mentioned the notification issue also. I'll PM you admin access. Thank you. 

@InvisionHQ thank you for acknowledging the suggestion it but in all honesty I don't think you need any more people to vote on this.

You are a very knowledgeable developer I believe that you can see by yourself that the method we are suggesting simply brings better user experience and it should be in your interest to do so since you are profiting from this mod. 🙂

21 hours ago, Maxxius said:

@InvisionHQ thank you for acknowledging the suggestion it but in all honesty I don't think you need any more people to vote on this.

You are a very knowledgeable developer I believe that you can see by yourself that the method we are suggesting simply brings better user experience and it should be in your interest to do so since you are profiting from this mod. 🙂

Yesterday I received the invoice for another term of Classifieds but I will be holding off paying any more money on this addon whilst the menu system for it is so stuffed besides I think there is now another Classifieds addon available (although in its infancy stages) but includes Auctions as well...over to you @InvisionHQ on whether you give the menu system an urgent fix in the coming days before I decide whether to pay any more money for this

hi @InvisionHQ
error occurred suddenly, the moderator cannot approve the announcement. (It is instead possible to approve from ACP)

=====================

LogicException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Email/Email.php(473): IPS\_Email::devProcessTemplate('email__classifi...', 'L'inserzione %s...', Array, 'plaintext')
#1 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Email/Email.php(818): IPS\_Email->compileSubject(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#2 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(574): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#3 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(555): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#4 /var/www/mysite.com/applications/classifieds/sources/Advert/Advert.php(1844): IPS\_Notification->send()
#5 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Content/Content.php(801): IPS\classifieds\_Advert->unhide(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Content/Controller.php(878): IPS\_Content->modAction('unhide')
#7 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Content\_Controller->moderate()
#8 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/mysite.com/applications/classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php(59): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/mysite.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\classifieds\modules\front\classifieds\_view->execute()
#11 /var/www/mysite.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /var/www/mysite.com/init.php(898): IPS\_Log::log('LogicException:...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(LogicException))
#2 {main}

On 6/4/2020 at 8:28 AM, ibaker said:

Yesterday I received the invoice for another term of Classifieds but I will be holding off paying any more money on this addon whilst the menu system for it is so stuffed besides I think there is now another Classifieds addon available (although in its infancy stages) but includes Auctions as well...over to you @InvisionHQ on whether you give the menu system an urgent fix in the coming days before I decide whether to pay any more money for this

Apart from the blackmail of @ibaker, which frankly I don't give a damn about, I think @Maxxius's reasoning is right and I'll try to find a solution in one of the next releases.

@sofos

only for debugging can you try to disable email notification for approved ads and retry?

Edited by InvisionHQ
On 6/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, Maxxius said:

@Maxxius Are you available to testing new menu?

I've made some progress but I need someone to test that everything works out for the best.

Schermata 2020-06-14 alle 11.38.55.png

On 6/2/2020 at 7:53 AM, ibaker said:

Can someone PLEASE help me with this as the same question has been asked by others here and there is no reply from the developer of anyone else.

I don't like the way the menu system works with this addon as it goes against every other addon and especially IPS itself. There are sub menu options of:

My Adverts

My Renewals

My Offers

My Wishlist

and these are placed in the user account menu and not as sub menu items and if you disable them in the app options then the user has no way of accessing them. If you enable them in the mobile menu through the app options then you get Classifieds as a menu item item twice.

If you want the sub menu options within the main IPS menu like every other addon and what IPS does itself then you have a problem creating the links because:

1. My Adverts contains the user ID to their profile

2. The other options contain csrfKey in their links

What I need is the links that can be used for the above in the IPS menu system so I can have:

So I don't get things like:

PLEASE can someone help me with this...the developer or anyone???

I have exactly the same need ! and struggling to do that 🙂

@InvisionHQ : could you do it as iBabker is suggesting : ie as a dropdown menu, it is much more clear than the weird inline submenu

Thanks a lot 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

My site is setup so the first post of any new member must be approved by a moderator. Someone posted an advert as his first post today and when I clicked the approve button I got the following error:

LogicException:  (0)
#0 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Email/Email.php(473): IPS\_Email::devProcessTemplate('email__classifi...', 'The advert %s i...', Array, 'plaintext')
#1 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Email/Email.php(818): IPS\_Email->compileSubject(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#2 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(574): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#3 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(555): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#4 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/applications/classifieds/sources/Advert/Advert.php(1844): IPS\_Notification->send()
#5 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Content/Content.php(801): IPS\classifieds\_Advert->unhide(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Content/Controller.php(878): IPS\_Content->modAction('unhide')
#7 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Content\_Controller->moderate()
#8 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/applications/classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php(59): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\classifieds\modules\front\classifieds\_view->execute()
#11 /home/chris/websites/audiophilestyle.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

129140825_ScreenShot2020-06-23at9_21_34PM.thumb.png.a4a13a36b055a4bd3e88469dbc407763.png824097364_ScreenShot2020-06-23at9_21_42PM.thumb.png.3ec75825457160f80efb834d43a58eba.png