Classifieds System

On 5/4/2020 at 2:59 PM, InvisionHQ said:

you can rename "new" and "used" as you want.

Like: puppy or color or....

Hi @InvisionHQ i understand what you saying that I can add new like puppy or color if I have an category like animals for sale. But I can’t change the title on Condition. Let say user add a dog for sale and I have puppy or color. But it will say Condition on the title. I think there will be a problem with the title for a categorie for animals. If there was an option two remove the require on that categorie would be better.
Condition works for physical products not living animals. Maybe I’m wrong but if I translate this Condition to Swedish i can’t find a good title that work for both physical product and to sell animals.

And I found something that I think would be better if it was like this instead. When a user add a new advert and I have the settings to show the latest advert but here I think it’s a problem. Let say many users add new advert at same time. The adverts will sort the adverts by name and not by time/date. I think it would be better to sort new adverts by time/date when its been added. 

Edited by Diyhrt

I am not getting a notification that someone clicked to Buy an item.

I went into a category listing today to look around, and saw 2 items I listed as "Pending". I never received a notification within the forum of  this. I did check my notification settings, and everything is set correctly. 

On the advert itself, there was no way to find out who had clicked to buy the advert, until I clicked on Advert Actions > Advert History, then it showed the user plus 'Clicked in the BUY button in the advert'. (Which btw should probably say 'Clicked on the BUY button for this advert')

Could you please help me resolve why no notification is sent when someone clicks to BUY an item? 

UPDATE: After I created a new account and clicked BUY on a item I was selling on my main account, it took me to the cart, then to Paypal.

Is it possible that it DOES NOT go to the cart, and the BUYER and SELLER work out payment on their own.

I thought this setting here did that?
Classifieds-.jpg.96e298b6a4418c0108eb0402131a9948.jpg

If I disable 'ENABLE TRANSACTIONS', what exactly does that mean? 

Also, did it go to the cart and was going to allow me to pay via Paypal because the person I was trying to buy from was the Admin of the forum? If I tried to BUY something from someone else, would it still go directly to the cart and allow payment? 

Thank you for your help. I really want to get this set up right.

UPDATE - UPDATE: After some testing, I'm pretty sure if I don't want the forum to be the middle man, and handle any payments from buyer to sellers, then in the Commerce Integration tab, I need to disable 'Enable Transactions' and 'Enable Offers', is this correct? Then the only button someone can click on if they want to buy, is 'Contact Advertiser'. Is this correct?

Edited by SC36DC

Can we have a way to delete adverts by filter, so all the sold items can be manually deleted in bulk in ACP.

Please can we have the published date on the advert too. We have time left, but above that if it could say - Advert Created: 1 Day ago

Edited by CP_User

If someones leave a question on a advert, shouldn't the seller receive a notification that someone left a question for them? I checked the Notification Settings, and I do not see the option to turn on for this. There definitely should be a setting for, 'An advert has received a question'. 

If I am missing something please let me know. I just found out today that someone left a question on one of my adverts back on April 15. If this not a feature/setting, could you PLEASE consider adding this, as not answering a question in a timely manner could mean the difference between sale or no sale. 

Thank you so much!!

@InvisionHQ I got this error when I was trying to merge 2 members. Using latest IPS version.

UPDATE `bpi_classifieds_membersdata` classifieds_membersdata  SET `member_id`=48921 WHERE member_id=44564 
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '48921' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)
#0 /web/system/Db/Db.php(1150): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\classifie...', Array)
#1 /web/applications/classifieds/extensions/core/MemberSync/adverts.php(145): IPS\_Db->update('`bpi_classified...', '`member_id`=?', 'WHERE member_id...')
#2 /web/system/Member/Member.php(3767): IPS\classifieds\extensions\core\MemberSync\_adverts->onMerge(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /web/system/Member/Member.php(3801): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onMerge', Array)
#4 /web/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2371): IPS\_Member->merge(Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /web/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->merge()
#6 /web/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /web/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Need a fix for that.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, SC36DC said:

If someones leave a question on a advert, shouldn't the seller receive a notification that someone left a question for them? I checked the Notification Settings, and I do not see the option to turn on for this. There definitely should be a setting for, 'An advert has received a question'. 

If I am missing something please let me know. I just found out today that someone left a question on one of my adverts back on April 15. If this not a feature/setting, could you PLEASE consider adding this, as not answering a question in a timely manner could mean the difference between sale or no sale. 

Thank you so much!!

Agree. I thought this was a bug on our end but it turns out that it doesn't exist.

Edited by H C
On 5/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, SC36DC said:

Thank you so much!!

On 5/13/2020 at 2:53 PM, H C said:

Agree. I thought this was a bug on our end but it turns out that it doesn't exist.

Is it possible this "Notification of Question Asked" feature could be implemented in an upcoming update? This definitely feels like it should have been a part of the app from launch. Thank you @Adriano Faria for all your hard work. 👍

Edited by SC36DC

UPDATE FOR CLARITY:

I may have worded this wrong, sorry.

Is it possible in a future update, you can add the ability to enable a notification to be sent to a seller when someone asks a question on one of their adverts?

Thank you.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:02 PM, Diyhrt said:

If there was an option two remove the require on that categorie would be better.

No this is not possible now. I think you can translate / rename "condition" with ACP translation tools.

The adverts will sort the adverts by name and not by time/date. I think it would be better to sort new adverts by time/date when its been added. 

you talk about the front end or the adverts listing in the ACP?

On 5/7/2020 at 12:05 AM, SC36DC said:

After some testing, I'm pretty sure if I don't want the forum to be the middle man, and handle any payments from buyer to sellers, then in the Commerce Integration tab, I need to disable 'Enable Transactions' and 'Enable Offers', is this correct? Then the only button someone can click on if they want to buy, is 'Contact Advertiser'. Is this correct?

Yes, if you disable transactions buyer and seller will independently manage the transaction without passing through paypal (or the forum)

On 5/10/2020 at 2:56 AM, CP_User said:

Can we have a way to delete adverts by filter, so all the sold items can be manually deleted in bulk in ACP.

This is something which is currently not among the development priorities of this app.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:56 AM, CP_User said:

Please can we have the published date on the advert too. We have time left, but above that if it could say - Advert Created: 1 Day ago

For this request I can add a setting in the next release.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, SC36DC said:

That should be it, if you don't send the notification, maybe there's a bug. I'll check and get back to you.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, Maxxius said:

I got this error when I was trying to merge 2 members. Using latest IPS version.

I'll continue to assist you for this issue with a PM.

Also @InvisionHQ i noticed while trying to improve performance of Classifieds on Google page speed, that Classifieds app seems not to take into account IPS group image size limit, in ACP group > content > attachment max file upload size > set at 150Ko

and yet people can send images of 2Mo...

Working on a fix. 

I think I'll be able to release a new version of the app within the week. 

Edited by InvisionHQ
4 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

you talk about the front end or the adverts listing in the ACP?

Hi, i mean at the backend, it should be possible for admin CP to set the sort the latest advert by time/date If visitors want to find the latest advert.

4 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

The adverts will sort the adverts by name and not by time/date. I think it would be better to sort new adverts by time/date when its been added. 

Edited by Diyhrt
11 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:
On 5/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, SC36DC said:

That should be it, if you don't send the notification, maybe there's a bug. I'll check and get back to you.

I really appreciate you looking into this. Thank you. 🙏

17 hours ago, Durango said:

could you install your app classifieds on your test board

Classifieds currently doesn't work without an IP.commerce license and I would have to buy one just to make a demo working on BBCODE.

Unfortunately IPS does not offer test licenses for developers.

In one of the next major releases of the app IP.Commerce will become optional and at that point I will have no problem installing a demo.

Very excited about the 'forthcoming' versions, finally everything I've been wanting from this!

2.2 Feedback system (March 2020)
2.2 MyClassifieds Page (March 2020)
2.3 Advert filters #2 (custom fields) (deadlines to be defined, for sure after 4.5)
3.0 Direct transactions (it can works also without IP.Commerce) (deadlines to be defined, for sure after 4.5)

• APP will also be improved based on feedback and suggestions (that will be pondered by me due to technical reasons)

When will we see 2.2 and hopefully 2.3. As it is after March, we're 2 months overdue. Thanks 🙂

Is there a way to force users to select the category for each advert they post?

I want the submit button to always popup with the category selection box rather than automatically select a category if the user is viewing a specific category. Users are accidentally posting adverts in wrong categories because all they see is the Submit new Advert button in classifieds and they don't think about where they are within the entire site (and I don't blame them). 

13 hours ago, Chris027 said:

Is there a way to force users to select the category for each advert they post?

I want the submit button to always popup with the category selection box rather than automatically select a category if the user is viewing a specific category. Users are accidentally posting adverts in wrong categories because all they see is the Submit new Advert button in classifieds and they don't think about where they are within the entire site (and I don't blame them). 

i agree with this request

we have many users getting confused because they post in the wrong category and then complained they couldnt choose the category when submitting

@InvisionHQ i think you should consider doing this in the next release

Edited by Durango