Classifieds System

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @InvisionHQ,

It looks like the classifieds system (version 1.3.7) will not allow users to use the contact the advertiser after the advert is marked completed.  If you click on the "Contact Advertiser" button, the system shows the following message below.  Is there a way I can keep this enabled, even after the advert is marked completed?

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

903996569_Screenshot2019-11-1908_32_31.thumb.png.90c9b207fc419e4dfff796e5758e084e.png

Edited by Mike Gholson

Hi, 

Is there an option to force which currency is being displayed by default, in a multi-currency setup?

I have a system with two currencies, the first one is a local currency (RSD) for items I am selling (forum merch etc.), but the second one is for community members and their adverts (EUR). However, the first currency is being shown by default in the Classifieds homepage. 

259545260_ScreenShot2019-11-25at5_18_55PM.png.f5acbc982ac351fc640035c49af50c37.png

Ideally, I would like to specify which currency should be used for adverts and only that currency would show up to my members as a price (to specify a price and view a price as part of an advert). Or, in case of a multi-currency advert, if a person specifies just one price and leaves 0 for the second currency, then for that advert the specified price would always be shown. 

Thanks,
Ivan

Edited by Pablo BJB

Upgraded to 2.0.0 beta, completly crashed the site. While upgrading it didn't complete (go to the end) and it just ended up showing a white blank page.

Front end it shows this error;

ErrorException: template_store_missing (0)
#0 public_html/applications/classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php(193): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('view')
#1 public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\classifieds\modules\front\classifieds\_view->manage()
#2 public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 public_html/applications/classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php(59): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#4 public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\classifieds\modules\front\classifieds\_view->execute()
#5 public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

And got this while using the support tool;

UPDATE `ibf_classifieds_cats` SET `cl_cat_id`='' WHERE `cl_cat_id` IS NULL;

UPDATE `ibf_classifieds_cats` SET `cl_cat_last_advert_member`=0 WHERE `cl_cat_last_advert_member` IS NULL;

UPDATE `ibf_classifieds_cats` SET `cl_cat_last_advert_member_name`='' WHERE `cl_cat_last_advert_member_name` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_classifieds_cats` CHANGE COLUMN `cl_cat_id` `cl_cat_id` INT (10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , CHANGE COLUMN `cl_cat_last_advert_title` `cl_cat_last_advert_title` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , CHANGE COLUMN `cl_cat_last_advert_title_seo` `cl_cat_last_advert_title_seo` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , CHANGE COLUMN `cl_cat_last_advert_member` `cl_cat_last_advert_member` BIGINT (20) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , CHANGE COLUMN `cl_cat_last_advert_member_name` `cl_cat_last_advert_member_name` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' ;

UPDATE `ibf_classifieds_membersdata` SET `member_id`=0 WHERE `member_id` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `ibf_classifieds_membersdata` CHANGE COLUMN `member_id` `member_id` BIGINT (20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'ID Number', CHANGE COLUMN `classifieds_store_homepage` `classifieds_store_homepage` TINYINT (1) NULL DEFAULT 0 ;

1 hour ago, InvisionHQ said:

I don't know because crash the setup, I've tested everything on many sites without any probleme... 

However now you had to manually run this queries. 

If you need help send me ACP access and url with a PM.

I’ve ran them but I’m still facing issues, and I’m still getting the front end error (template error).  

This has caused the site to loose all its designs (css) and just show a white background with all the text. The only way around this was to make a new theme and set it to default.

Never had an issue in the past so I’m not sure why it failed to update..

I've just installed the new Beta 2.0 - actually first time user & site is running all standard Theme, just a couple of extra plug-ins, ALL is working fine, very smooth installation, so Thanks @InvisionHQ for a great job on this.

There's a few minor things which could benefit from future updates:

1. If I have 2 currencies set, £ and £, should it show a tick next to the one selected? tick seems to stay in the same place, or is option switching only available if that currency has a value assigned?

2. If I have UK£ as default currency and $ as a second currency, the shipping only ever displays in $ even if no value set to the $00.00 and the shipping is entered in £ it still displays as Dollars.  Guessing there's a £ field missing, for shipping?
also tried without any $ currency enabled in the ACP, only UK£, but the classifieds still default to US$ shipping.

3. Contact advertiser - would be good if this option was always be available? even after pending deal, because buyers will often want to contact a seller using this button, after an offer has been made, so they can organise payment, exchange details etc

Some further customisation of section/button titles would also be a great feature, although @InvisionHQ has done a great job with the standard set up,
all in all a really good facility & look forward to working long term as it continues to evolve.

2 hours ago, Steve Silver said:

1. If I have 2 currencies set, £ and £, should it show a tick next to the one selected? tick seems to stay in the same place, or is option switching only available if that currency has a value assigned?

2. If I have UK£ as default currency and $ as a second currency, the shipping only ever displays in $ even if no value set to the $00.00 and the shipping is entered in £ it still displays as Dollars.  Guessing there's a £ field missing, for shipping?
also tried without any $ currency enabled in the ACP, only UK£, but the classifieds still default to US$ shipping.

yes, I can confirm that this is a bug. I'll release a fix asap.

2 hours ago, Steve Silver said:

3. Contact advertiser - would be good if this option was always be available? even after pending deal, because buyers will often want to contact a seller using this button, after an offer has been made, so they can organise payment, exchange details etc

Right, I'm thinking I'm thinking about something different to contact seller after a deal.
I'm confirming it's something that's already in my todolist.

Just now, InvisionHQ
On 12/1/2019 at 11:55 PM, CP_User said:

Upgraded to 2.0.0 beta, completly crashed the site

797187665_Schermata2019-12-03alle08_08_14.png.a6fbe8d2c7ee63e3afd1287efecad163.png

you installed the wrong version.
I've upgraded the app to the right 2.x version and now everything seems to be fine.

Oh that was my attempt at reinstalling 1.37 just in case it fixed it, but thank you!!!