Classifieds System

14 hours ago, BDD said:

What happens if you have this on? What happens if you have this off?

It's the same if you not use suffix/prefix on your users groups.

For group suffix/prefix please refer to the official documentation about group formatting, I give you only an example,

149802957_Schermata2019-08-22alle09_06_03.thumb.png.11d04d20babca70f01cfec1ef865ac5d.png

and you have:  "Moderator" -> "Moderator

13 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

It's the same if you not use suffix/prefix on your users groups.

For group suffix/prefix please refer to the official documentation about group formatting, I give you only an example,

149802957_Schermata2019-08-22alle09_06_03.thumb.png.11d04d20babca70f01cfec1ef865ac5d.png

and you have:  "Moderator" -> "Moderator

Okay, thanks.

(I don't know what that means. I'm trying to track down that documentation. I don't find the documentation here easy to work with at times. Might just have to try it a few different ways and see the results.)

Hi @InvisionHQ.

I have some questions regarding restrictions on the number of ads a member can submit or have active at any time.

1. Is there any way to limit the number of ads active at any one time? For example, can I set it up so that a member can have 2 active ads at any one time somehow?

I see that in Members/Groups/Members/Classifieds, in the Advert Submission section I can restrict based on the number of adverts per time frame.

2. Is that limitation purely focused on the number of ads submitted (as it says in the text), or is it the number of ads they have active?

3. Let's say I indicate that they can only submit 1 ad per week. What happens if they have an active ad that they renew -- does that count as the 1 ad for the week? 

4. Is there any limit on how many ads they have active at any one time using that type of restriction? 

I have more questions because this doesn't seem clear at the moment, but I'll wait for your reply on the above to see if it clears it up. 

Thanks.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, InvisionHQ said:

I'm testing the shipment feature on some premium customers, no ETA but most of the work is done....

...In addition to all this there is support for over 200 app owners who ask for everything,
from how to install the app to how to make Classifieds an orange basket.
Customers can decide for themselves if it is worth spending $ 20 / year on those kind of jobs.

One feature I would like to see is a way to structure an "Invoice by Check or Wire" feature so that $50,000 to $100,000 + items could be sold. The buy it now doesn't work with heavy equipment as the credit card processing fee is detrimental and can not compete with ebay's max $750 charge. Just wondering if you were looking at that?

Thanks for a great product though!

Jason

4 hours ago, James Adams said:

One feature I would like to see is a way to structure an "Invoice by Check or Wire" feature so that $50,000 to $100,000 + items could be sold. The buy it now doesn't work with heavy equipment as the credit card processing fee is detrimental and can not compete with ebay's max $750 charge. Just wondering if you were looking at that?

Payment methods are managed by IPS.Commerce (nexus) and "manual" option  means -> (check, bank wire, etc.)

On 8/23/2019 at 1:50 AM, BDD said:

1. Is there any way to limit the number of ads active at any one time? For example, can I set it up so that a member can have 2 active ads at any one time somehow?

I see that in Members/Groups/Members/Classifieds, in the Advert Submission section I can restrict based on the number of adverts per time frame.

2. Is that limitation purely focused on the number of ads submitted (as it says in the text), or is it the number of ads they have active?

3. Let's say I indicate that they can only submit 1 ad per week. What happens if they have an active ad that they renew -- does that count as the 1 ad for the week? 

4. Is there any limit on how many ads they have active at any one time using that type of restriction? 

1. No, you can only restrict to n° advs x day/week,month,year

2. number of ads submitted 

3. No

4. You can only refer to Member Group->Classifieds->Advert Submission->Restrict to.

On 8/23/2019 at 6:06 AM, Gauravk said:

Can we display random adverts on sidebar?

Uhm no, but I've done this widget as custom work for a customer and I'll add this feature in the next release.

6 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

Uhm no, but I've done this widget as custom work for a customer and I'll add this feature in the next release.

Thanks, that will be awesome as sometime we have less classifieds and seeing same 5-6 images on homepage is boring.

Random from last 7 days, month etc. would be even smarter option to add while at it.

10 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

1. No, you can only restrict to n° advs x day/week,month,year

2. number of ads submitted 

4. You can only refer to Member Group->Classifieds->Advert Submission->Restrict to.

@InvisionHQ: Thanks for the response.

Any plans for making an option to restrict based on number of active ads? (If not, please consider this a request for such a feature. :) )

Thanks again.

"Payment methods are managed by IPS.Commerce (nexus) and "manual" option  means -> (check, bank wire, etc.)"

Thanks for the prompt. I don't know why I didn't think to add a cashier's check and wire transfer option in my payment settings. For anyone else who needs this reminder go to ACP-->$-->Payment Settings-->Payment Methods--> and create a new method. Option will be available at check out. Thanks again IHQ!

Doing some testing before I go live with my community. Just submitted an ad, and while it's showing up in the Adverts Feed and What's New areas, as well as on the category page itself, it's NOT showing or being counted in the Categories section on the main Classifieds page.

I'd appreciate direction on how to troubleshoot this. Thanks.

@InvisionHQ

classifieds-issue.png

I'm currently using this for member promos for their services. If a member chooses to end their ad early by choosing the "Set as Complete" option, it's popping up with the "Buyer" and "+Choose" options -- those aren't applicable here (and might not be applicable in other situations, I would think).

Is there any way to revise this functionality? Perhaps add an option to include a message on the "Set as Complete" modal that pops up (so that you can have some text there/don't have to make that popup conditional in any way), and then have the "Buyer" and "+Choose" options something the admin could turn off/on as desired?

(OR -- is there another way to set up what I'm describing when it's an ad NOT for a specific item? More a general ad about a service promotion?)

Thanks.

The thumbnail images on the Adverts Management screen in AdminCP are wrong.

It looks like a counter issue, where they're off by one. For example, the most recent ad is showing the thumbnail for the ad submitted one earlier in the list (and the very first ad is showing an image that's NOT from a promo in the list, but it's an image in the Media area).

Looking to change the default classified image.

I know I changed it a couple years ago by changing this image >>  images/noimage.png 

Its still on the server but its not changing the default image to the new one I posted a while ago..

Thank for any help you can give me.

2019-08-28_18-37-51.png.5ebf46133772a6a0463686042427e872.png

On 8/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, BDD said:

Is there any way to revise this functionality? Perhaps add an option to include a message on the "Set as Complete" modal that pops up (so that you can have some text there/don't have to make that popup conditional in any way), and then have the "Buyer" and "+Choose" options something the admin could turn off/on as desired?

This is not possible now but I'll check for a better solution.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, GoDuBois said:

Its still on the server but its not changing the default image to the new one I posted a while ago..

This is not an image and there are no default image.
You can control noThumb by CSS:

content: '\f030';
font-family: 'FontAwesome';
font-size: 30px;
color: rgba(255,255,255,0.075);
position: absolute;
top: 50%;
margin-top: -10px;
left: 0;
right: 0;
text-align: center;

4 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

This is not possible now but I'll check for a better solution.

Thanks. (As a temporary solution, I translated the button to "End Offer Now" and then used CSS to remove the "Buyer" and "+Choose" content in the modal (not ideal since it's just an empty box now with the "Save" button, but certainly better for my purposes than how it was before).)

I have a group that have not access to Classifieds System (permission for group No). The user of this group still can: