Classifieds System

• 3 weeks later...

Just purchased and in the process of setting things up.

Question:

Is it possible to change "Classifieds" to something else (for the menu tab and URL and other mentions throughout)?

Thanks.

Edited by BDD
Answered own question/figured things out (misunderstood)
3 hours ago, BDD said:

Just purchased and in the process of setting things up.

Question:

Is it possible to change "Classifieds" to something else (for the menu tab and URL and other mentions throughout)?

Thanks.

Figured this out, too. :) Didn't see it in the Localization options initially. All good. (Would have deleted, but can't.)

Any timeline or updates on the LONG awaited features listed on the app page? Namely, Shipment feature and Feedback feature?  Seems its been years this has been "promise". Is there any chance of this coming out anytime soon?  The shipment one is the most important one for me. 

Would also be nice if we can set "Quantity" of items available, even when transactions are turned off. (it just defaults to 1 and doesn't let you change it unless transactions are on)

Thanks

6 minutes ago, DanLemX said:

Any timeline or updates on the LONG awaited features listed on the app page? Namely, Shipment feature and Feedback feature?  Seems its been years this has been "promise". Is there any chance of this coming out anytime soon?  The shipment one is the most important one for me. 

Would also be nice if we can set "Quantity" of items available, even when transactions are turned off. (it just defaults to 1 and doesn't let you change it unless transactions are on)

Thanks

Very sad that you are still asking this.  So much potential, but I gave up on it a long time ago. 

On 9/2/2017 at 5:29 PM, JEFF MACK said:

Just want to ask a question regarding feature timeline.  I have been waiting since release for a proper transaction review feature.  I do not want to use that feedback plugin that is available. It works in a way, but not ideal.  Looking for a solution that works like eBay transaction feedback.  Is that coming anytime soon?

I am also interested in that shipment feature, very important.

The last thing to really glue all this together is a proper solution for currency.  My site is global and definitely needs the ability for a user to enter in a value in their own local currency.  The site should be able to do the exchange rate.  I only want them to enter it once, not figure out and enter in 10 different values.  Is this something that could be done?

Just found my own question asking for these features almost 2 YEARS AGO!!  In the two years there seemed to be one big update for 1.1.7 and then mostly some bug fixes or compatibility updates.  I know it's not easy keeping up with apps. But then just tell people the project is dead. I feel bad for the people that still buy it today.

10 hours ago, DanLemX said:

Thanks

I'm testing the shipment feature on some premium customers, no ETA but most of the work is done.

Feedback feature is no longer on my todolist because there is already a perfectly integrated app that does its job well.

I release first the shipment feature and next big update concern about a revamped graphic theme.

For the "quantity" it is managed by nexus and making it work even without the enabled transactions would involve a great job that is not planned at the moment.

All the app works around nexus, this is well specified in the app description.

I not reply to the usual user who continue to talk badly without having the slightest idea of how much time is invested to keep up an app of this size

that with the usual superficiality calls itself dead.

Customers pay 20$ for 13 Releases from 2018 that involve two major IPS releases, 4.3 and 4.4:

(FIX) Fix an issue with alternative Datastore and thumbs
(FIX) Fixed an error on AdvertsFeed widget
(FIX) FREE badge problem on search result
(IMPROVEMENT) Featured Adverts block improvement
(FIX) Advert count per category issue
(FIX+FEATURE) Email response from seller, now you can reply to the user
(FEATURE) Add VAT for packages
(FEATURE) Other Adverts from the same category block
(FEATURE) Add location to search results
(IMPROVEMENT) New users have "Notify me when questions are made" enabled by default
(FEATURE) Add a setting to hide commission info on submit form
(FEATURE) Frontend delete is a soft delete now, and admin can filter deleted adverts on ACP 
(FIX) Category widget advert count not consider sub-cat fixed
(FIX) Followed adverts without image fixed 
(FIX) Theme issue on Account ---> My offers fixed
(FIX) a bug on new question with email notification
(FIX) custom fields issue
(FIX) an issue on "Approve Ads"
(FIX) Header Issue on User Shop (support also lazy load)
(FIX) template error on user Shop

(FEATURE) Addded pin map icon to location info
(FEATURE) Add IP address to the advert history table
(FEATURE) Add a way to allow multiple advert renewals - Packages
(COMPATIBILITY RELEASE) 4.3
(COMPATIBILITY RELEASE) 4.4

In addition to all this there is support for over 200 app owners who ask for everything,
from how to install the app to how to make Classifieds an orange basket.
Customers can decide for themselves if it is worth spending $ 20 / year on those kind of jobs.

Edited by InvisionHQ
52 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

Feedback feature is no longer on my todolist because there is already a perfectly integrated app that does its job well.

What app is this? How it is integrated? Can feedback and rating be seen on advert view and in the listing?

55 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

Yes, you can see ratings also on advert view, I don't remember about listing @stoo2000

No, I don't believe it is on the listing (this part of the integration is done in the classifieds app anyway), I also probably wouldn't advise it, Feedback has quite a lot of data to show and a listing is an already cramped space to show information about the item.

Yes, it's true. For this reason a new theme for classifieds have priority now.

For a temp fix just add:

@media (max-width:768px) {
  li[data-blocktitle="Adverts Feed"] li.ipsDataItem {
      display: flex;
  }
}

in the custom.css.

22 hours ago, Gauravk said:

I'm ready to pay

Nothing to pay, this is something that I have to improve for all customers.

Edited by InvisionHQ
6 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

Yes, it's true. For this reason a new theme for classifieds have priority now.

For a temp fix just add:

@media (max-width:768px) {
  li[data-blocktitle="Adverts Feed"] li.ipsDataItem {
      display: flex;
  }
}

in the custom.css.

Nothing to pay, this is something that I have to improve for all customers.

Thanks a TON, we were waiting to see this appearance since we switched to your classifieds app.

FINALLY IT'S DONE TODAY. What a great relief.

1571776604_WhatsAppImage2019-08-14at1_42_14PM.thumb.jpeg.e24247e5a03363fa013caed464c87ff7.jpeg

Thanks very much for a fantastic application 😄

Hope you can help me...

I've disabled the user menu buttons in favour of re-creating them on the main menu.

The only one I cannot do is the 'My Adverts' as the link includes my profile specifically:

http://xxxxxx.com/profile/1-jim/content/?type=classifieds_advert

What would the URL need to be so that regardless who clicks it, it will go to their profile please?

Regards

Jim

On 2/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Unfortunately, don't. That's how the Commerce works:

The money should go to the advert owner as Account Credit. He needs to request withdraw to receive it on PayPal effectively

The problem I see is that the commerce seems to have been made to meet the specific needs of IPSThere's a lot that needs to be improved to really look like a virtual store / sales site

Ah... I was about to ask this question wondering what I was doing wrong trying to assign a payment method to a user's store submission.

I now see no actual payment processing can be done member to member. A real shame but I totally understand this is out of your control

Looks like I'm going to have to manually add the products for the 3rd party company in my Store and add their payment processing that way.

I'm actually really surprised in 8 years since I was last using IPS, the store/nexus hasn't progressed more.

Edited by Jim
On 8/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, BDD said:

Is it possible to turn off the FEATURED ADVERTS section with the slider? (If so, where/how please?) 

Thanks.

Checking in -- is it possible?

Edited by BDD
(Tagged wrong person)
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don’t support this resource for at least two years now. Ask @InvisionHQ

Sorry. @InvisionHQIs it possible to turn off the FEATURED ADVERTS section with the slider? (If so, where/how please?) 

Also, new question:  If I indicate that a particular Category does NOT allow questions (in the Questions & Reviews area), why is the "Notify me when questions are made" toggle being displayed when a user is creating a new ad?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, BDD said:

Checking in -- is it possible?

If you not add Featured Ads you have Features widget disabled

10 hours ago, BDD said:

Also, new question:  If I indicate that a particular Category does NOT allow questions (in the Questions & Reviews area), why is the "Notify me when questions are made" toggle being displayed when a user is creating a new ad?

In that case the option should be hidden, I fix it in the next release.

Thanks for reporting.