Classifieds System

12 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

I don't want to avoid the discussion,

but besides saying that not communicating my absence was a mistake, I don't know what else to do.

Except for fake customers who are not my customers the clarifications are welcome,

but at a certain point it is enough, we cannot stay here and discuss my holidays endlessly.

Please explain what a fake customer is? Do you mean paying customer? If that is the case, how can a paying customer with a license of your classified app be a fake customer?

This has been asked several times by several other users and no one has ever replied with an answer so I thought I would ask again as I need help.

How can I define the links to things like My Adverts, My Renewals, My Wish List etc so I can add them to the sub menu for Classifieds in the IPS Menu Manager

1.thumb.jpg.cd9626175276e2412bee27bd9d83dee7.jpg

If you can help I know not only myself but other users would be extremely grateful

ACP -> Menu Manager -> add external links (no option for internal link in menu manager)

My renewals -> yourdomain.ext/classifieds/myrenewals/&do=myRenewals
My wishlist -> yourdomain.ext/classifieds/wishlist/&do=viewWishlist

For "My Adverts" link it's a bit more complicated, because it's a dynamic link.

Two options:

1. if you have pages app:

2. with js 

16 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

My renewals -> yourdomain.ext/classifieds/myrenewals/&do=myRenewals
My wishlist -> yourdomain.ext/classifieds/wishlist/&do=viewWishlist 

On both of these I get a Page does not exist error when there isn't any Renewals or Wish List compared to the popup window saying "There is nothing here". Doesn't look the best to users:

1.thumb.jpg.0fe837556b23faea9723baa17a2c8d39.jpg

And when I use the same idea for My Offers I get:

The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

Hi,

Congratulations for your application.
i'm a new user of your application and probably, I missed something. 

1) When an advert has expired, "contact advertiser" doesn't disappear and members can see it. Is it a normal behavior ? How to avoid it ?

2) If a advertiser forget something when he fill in the form, a warn message appear on the top of the page. But when you fill in the guideline, the warn message don't appear. Is it normal ?

Many thanks !

Edited by pixel_merged
On 7/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, Dean_ said:

@InvisionHQ - Is it something that could be added?

I don't think so, sorry.

18 minutes ago, pixel_merged said:

Hi,

Congratulations for your application.
i'm a new user of your application and probably, I missed something. 

1) When an advert has expired, "contact advertiser" doesn't disappear and members can see it. Is it a normal behavior ? How to avoid it ?

2) If a advertiser forget something when he fill in the form, a warn message appear on the top of the page. But when you fill in the guideline, the warn message don't appear. Is it normal ?

Many thanks !

1. Yes it's a normal behaviour. 

2. can you give me the steps to reproduce this thing? 

If I have not misunderstood your question

You can contact the advertiser on an expired adv for:

"Can you please relist this?"

"If you relist this item I will buy it for sure..."

and many other situations of this type.

For me is not a problem hide this button on expired adverts, but at this point it would be useful to understand what the others think, because I have not received any other complaints about this thing.

4 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

For me is not a problem hide this button on expired adverts, but at this point it would be useful to understand what the others think

The best for the application is to have the choice "Show / Hide" with "Contact the advertiser" on expired adverts.

However, there's something I don't understand when you speak about relist. Do you have a in-depht help for your application ?

Edited by pixel_merged
10 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

You can contact the advertiser on an expired adv for:

"Can you please relist this?"

"If you relist this item I will buy it for sure..."

I think you speak when Admin can enable Transactions, is'nt it ? But I let my advertisers perform the transaction manually (I'm not alone evidently).

Edited by pixel_merged

@InvisionHQ is there any way to have a widget/sidebar filter that filters listings by extra fields? If not is there a way I can pay you to do this as a custom job? Please let me know 🙂 

Also in the settings it says it allows users to pay the advertiser directly. However when someone goes to buy something the money/paypal transaction goes to MY paypal account, not the advertiser. Surely I can't be expected to facilitate every transaction and manage all the money between buyers/sellers.... I can't even begin to imagine the tax implications of all that money passing through my accounts. Why can't the advertiser put their paypal in and have the paypal payment go to them?

Edited by CSSlife
On 7/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, CSSlife said:

@InvisionHQ is there any way to have a widget/sidebar filter that filters listings by extra fields? If not is there a way I can pay you to do this as a custom job? Please let me know 🙂 

I don't know when but this is something that I want add to the plugin.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, CSSlife said:

Also in the settings it says it allows users to pay the advertiser directly. However when someone goes to buy something the money/paypal transaction goes to MY paypal account, not the advertiser. Surely I can't be expected to facilitate every transaction and manage all the money between buyers/sellers.... I can't even begin to imagine the tax implications of all that money passing through my accounts. Why can't the advertiser put their paypal in and have the paypal payment go to them?

Classifieds "transactions" are managed by IPS.Commerce (nexus) and there are no way to enable direct payment to the advertiser.

I'm looking to use this as a way for my members to post their promotions.

1. There won't be any transactions/no money exchanging hands -- members will just be posting info for others to see and then they'll go to an offsite link for more info or contact the seller directly. Based on how your TRANSACTIONS setting works, if I were to disable TRANSACTIONS, could this work as I described? 

2. I want to limit the number of adverts members can have active at any time. Can this be done? (Looks like with your packages functionality, maybe?)

3. I want to limit the amount of time an advert is available. Can this be done? (Looks like with your packages functionality, maybe?)

4. I might want to limit the option for members to post an advert if they're not posting regularly in the forums (or if they've never posted in the forums). Is there any way to address this? (I'm trying to avoid people joining just to post promos.)

Thank you!