Classifieds System

Another case: If a user must have X approved content before it can be published. He published the ad, but it can not be approved. When I click on "Approve this advert": We can not find the content you are trying to view.
Error code 2S136 / 1

Edited by kalin
48 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can add it, no big deal but I don't think it's something that would make much sense, since the board will always earn more money when people advertise.

That would be great, thank you! We do have a need for it and it would be great if we can limit them per weekly basis per usergroup.

29 minutes ago, kalin said:

Another case: If a user must have X approved content before it can be published. He published the ad, but it can not be approved. When I click on "Approve this advert": We can not find the content you are trying to view.
Error code 2S136 / 1

Not CONTENT APPROVED. The right is other adverts approved. Conten count restriction is to access the app.

I'll check it.

Just now, Jirinex said:

That would be great, thank you! We do have a need for it and it would be great if we can limit them per weekly basis per usergroup.

Sorry, not saying I will. Will take a look as I said on my last post that I don't see much sense.

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, not saying I will. Will take a look as I said on my last post that I don't see much sense.

Thanks again, if it's not too big of a task it would be really useful. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible for us to generate revenue through classifieds so it's only a helping hand for members and we want to limit them on how many ads they can create. Just keep it on the back of your mind, thank you ^_^

Adriano, I have just seen your post above and image a new account was created for leaving feedback/bugs on your test site. Could you edit my existing account so i'm in the correct group, thanks ^_^

While I'm here, I have a couple of issues.

no padding.png

1.) When you re-size the width of the forums etc, the image and grey details box loses its margin so the two are butted up to each other. This happens on default theme and also on your site when the window is re-sized.

2.) If I view the advert as a guest, I cannot see the "contact seller" button. It's very important for me that guests can view this information. Thanks ^_^

On the flip side, the "Make an Offer" should be hidden for guests and only available for members. This may be a setting but I cannot see this...

Edited by Heyhoe
1 minute ago, Heyhoe said:

Adriano, I have just seen your post above and image a new account was created for leaving feedback/bugs on your test site. Could you edit my existing account so i'm in the correct group, thanks

You are on the right group:

Capturar.png

Any issue ?

3 minutes ago, Heyhoe said:

1.) When you re-size the width of the forums etc, the image and grey details box loses its margin so the two are butted up to each other. This happens on default theme and also on your site when the window is re-sized.

I'll take a look.

2 minutes ago, Heyhoe said:

2.) If I view the advert as a guest, I cannot see the "contact seller" button. It's very important for me that guests can view this information.

This is intentional. I don't think vast majority will want to display other's contacts to guests. You see, 27 purchases till now and only you and @speedo requested this. I'll probably will add a setting, default to NO.

Of course Adriano, many communities will have most of the viewers which are members already. For myself, as it's a content driven website rather than a community driven site, many viewers will not go to the trouble to sign up.

Can the "Make an Offer" be hidden for guests, as clicking it on returns an error page.  Or maybe grey it out stating "Sign in required".

As for the group of the test board, I don't seem to be able to submit a bug?

Correction: My original account is "Kart Review" over at your site ^_^

17 minutes ago, Heyhoe said:

Correction: My original account is "Kart Review" over at your site ^_^

Ok, changed the accounts. You are able to submit this bug now:

17 minutes ago, Heyhoe said:

Can the "Make an Offer" be hidden for guests, as clicking it on returns an error page. 

EDIT: just created it for you: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/classifieds/make-an-offer-button-appears-to-guest-r146/

Edited by Adriano Faria

1).Works Great! but you should change one very important thing.... Even when  "Transactions" are disabled in this application, this app still create invoices and new customers in commerce panel. Members doing businesses among themselves in this situation and I don't need to have hundreds of unneeded invoices (on 0$) and hundreds of new not my clients in my store panel... This app makes huge mess in these places right now... Also when users needs to add addresses and see some payment options (even 0$) in next panel some of them probably cancel all process. Additionally when you cancel this process in this moment application create classified despite this.

2). Another big fault of this app is unable to delete images from server when you delete add. In this situation after few years we have thousands often large garbage images on server.

2). Next this time small bug - package description, what we have in acp is not visible in add creator.

4). You need add some filter options for localisation. Most of today forums have global character and searching via map is very impractical. Maybe adding some global map with all active add is good idea...

5). Also some separate tagging system just for this app is good idea too?

So beyond this is wonderful application. I wish you a successful sale!

1 - I'm really not aware of this. Invoices are created only when transactions is enabled. Provided steps to reproduce the issue. 

2 - I'll take a look.

3 - I can add this, no big thing. It lists on advert post screen the most important things from the package: number of days, price, renewal, renewal price, etc.

4 - That is requested in all apps from IPS too. Due to the way IPS stores location data, it can't be searched easily. You can't, for example, do that in Gallery, Calendar, etc. Another problem from IPS4 is the lack of ability to allow us to insert fields in advanced search form. Currently you can only search for TITLE and DESCRIPTION, in all apps, official and 3rd-party.

5 - It uses the tag system from IPS 4. Are you asking me to reinvent the wheel? 

Edited by Adriano Faria
5 hours ago, KITEZONE said:

2). Another big fault of this app is unable to delete images from server when you delete add. In this situation after few years we have thousands often large garbage images on server.

2). Next this time small bug - package description, what we have in acp is not visible in add creator.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

2 - I'll take a look.

3 - I can add this, no big thing.

Both fixed in 1.0.2. For the description, as it is an editor, will show like that:

Capturar.png

14 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

1 - I'm really not aware of this. Invoices are created only when transactions is enabled. Provided steps to reproduce the issue. 

2 - I'll take a look.

3 - I can add this, no big thing. It lists on advert post screen the most important things from the package: number of days, price, renewal, renewal price, etc.

4 - That is requested in all apps from IPS too. Due to the way IPS stores location data, it can't be searched easily. You can't, for example, do that in Gallery, Calendar, etc. Another problem from IPS4 is the lack of ability to allow us to insert fields in advanced search form. Currently you can only search for TITLE and DESCRIPTION, in all apps, official and 3rd-party.

5 - It uses the tag system from IPS 4. Are you asking me to reinvent the wheel? 

Do not get me wrong, in my opinion Your app is one of 5 the best apps on ipb market.

1). I checked again even when transactions are disabled app create invoices and clients.

3). This description really helps understand what is going one for users. Thank you!

4). I understand. This system have lot of limitations.

5). Tags system is one of the most useless feature in ipb. In system for $175+ we can't create vocabularies, tags by app and even we can't browse these tags. It's a joke. This simple features are available for example in drupal from 10 years.... Writing tags I mean something like we have on ebay, internal, around app simple tagging/filter system, where we can select price, size, brand, colour etc.