Classifieds System

I really like the menu items that are listed in the user menu if I have "Display 'Barter Blanket' options in user menu menu?" enabled. But, I do not want those in the users menu, I want them in the main navigation menu. 

Could you please either add these options as available main nav items or tell me what the external URL's would be for each of the menu items?

• My Adverts
  • My Renewals
  • My Offers
  • My Wish List
  • New Advert

I would be fine with them being in the users menu but I need a link to the classifieds application in my primary navigation. If I have it there and in the users menu it shows two copies of the same link in mobile view.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed the Adverts Feed hook doesn't follow the same formatting as the Feed hook within the Classifieds application. When used on the main community page, the thumbnails are smaller (than in the application, and than thumbnails of other applications' feed) and the titles are not being trimmed. Is it something that could be fixed?

csinz.thumb.JPG.bf4ffb41709b437fcd315ea4b45a5e10.JPG

Edited by svit

It seems that the categories of adverts within the Classifieds application keep always on top of the right column, forcing other hooks to be below. For example the system Announcement hooks then falls at the bottom of the page, which is not practical, can this be fixed?

csinz2.thumb.JPG.1aeb2070325e980cdac20a9eba261747.JPG

7 minutes ago, svit said:

It seems that the categories of adverts within the Classifieds application keep always on top of the right column, forcing other hooks to be below. For example the system Announcement hooks then falls at the bottom of the page, which is not practical, can this be fixed?

I will reply this one. This happens in any app (try Downloads for example). The categories list isn’t a widget. It is a contextual sidebar block and it appears above the widgets. It is controlled by the framework itself; not by the third-party app (Classifieds in this case).

15 hours ago, svit said:

I have noticed the Adverts Feed hook doesn't follow the same formatting as the Feed hook within the Classifieds application. When used on the main community page, the thumbnails are smaller (then in the application, and then thumbnails of other applications' feed) and the titles are not being trimmed. Is it something that could be fixed?

Yes, this is an easy fix.

Ok we solved the problem, you need to add to your custom.css in your theme :

.cClassifiedsCarrouselItem {
    width: 170px;
    min-height: 240px;
}

.cClassifiedsCarrouselItem .ipsThumb {
    max-width: 100%;
    max-height: 100%;
    width: 155px;
    height: 155px;
}

.cClassifiedsCarrouselItem .cFilePrice {
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 14px;
}

On 6/1/2018 at 7:29 PM, svit said:

I have noticed the Adverts Feed hook doesn't follow the same formatting as the Feed hook within the Classifieds application. When used on the main community page, the thumbnails are smaller (than in the application, and than thumbnails of other applications' feed) and the titles are not being trimmed. Is it something that could be fixed?

Uhm, I think you have some customisations on classifieds theme/css because I didn't find this issue on latest advert feed version.

Hi @InvisionHQ,

please consider to implement a tax/VAT setting per category.

Currently there is no solution, if I want to

• sell commercial stuff which requires to add tax/VAT, for my own items as well for other commercial company sellers...
  • sell noncommercial stuff, where tax/VAT is not allowed to be added. Private sellers are not allowed to have tax/VAT on invoices.

It's a bad problem, as I can't use the classifieds app for both requirements, but it should be able to handle these.

If there would be a differentiation between categories (one category for commercial users with TAX/VAT applied, another one for private seller with NO TAX/VAT applied by using a 0% TAX/VAT model), the invoicing would be correct for both usage cases.

Please do NOT use a single general TAX/VAT setting for ALL classifieds. Make it a per category setting.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, Cyboman said:

please consider to implement a tax/VAT setting per category.

Additionally, I would require an option to set the commission settings per category, too.

The more I think about it, the per category settings should include

• selection of the appropriate TAX/VAT class
  • selection of the payment gateway
  • selection fo the commission settings

Otherwise, we can't handle private and commercial classifieds together in this app, which is a showbreaker for me unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where the 'Max age for random items that show on the index' setting resets to '0' (from, say '7') during each update tick (i.e. once a minute from what I can tell. This effectively means the setting isn't working, and I'm not sure what to do.

Is there some way to hard code this to 7 days in the files? Thanks!

Edit:

I should mention that even when setting the value in settings.php to something other than 0, it still appears to go back to only showing the very oldest items after a minute or two. (i.e. goes back to '0', even if it doesn't say as such in the admin options).

Edited by H C
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I want to setup some users to have their own shops inside my site. The IPB commerce app only allows me to have "one" shop (for the site owner).

With this app, can I set up something like that, or at lesat simulate it? I need to add in the menu links to the products that are offered by the users separatedly (may be filtering?)

Thanks in advance,

Federico.

Edited by Federico Ribeiro
On 6/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is it possible to choose a different option for the advert when renewing? Right now it seems renewals are only allowed to be what plan the product was originally advertised under.

+1

On 6/20/2018 at 9:16 AM, Cyboman said:

Additionally, I would require an option to set the commission settings per category, too.

The more I think about it, the per category settings should include

• selection of the appropriate TAX/VAT class
  • selection of the payment gateway
  • selection fo the commission settings

Otherwise, we can't handle private and commercial classifieds together in this app, which is a showbreaker for me unfortunately.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an issue with the advert count per category:

Visible here: https://www.fuji-x-forum.de/classifieds/

Setting is not to display Expired or Completed adverts.

Any idea?

I checked the code (function contentCount in Advert.php) but wasn't able to find the reason...

Andreas

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-29 um 11.17.11.png

Edited by NZyan