Classifieds System

I fixed the two issues I was having by commenting out 

$this->advert->dealpending = 1;

In /classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php on line 600

And

$advert->delete();

In /classifieds/extensions/nexus/Item/buyitem.php on line 168

EDIT: There are some other functions below this one that also delete the advert which you can remove too depending on your needs.

Hopefully this helps others and can be implemented as a fix

Edited by Callum MacGregor
29 minutes ago, Callum MacGregor said:

Honestly for $45 this is pretty fundamentally flawed.

Honestly, what is fundamentally fun is you think that the app is like that since forever! No, it wasn't:

Things tend to change or break in a big upgrade like 4.1 to 4.2. So your $45 is safe.

Report the bug as per instruction in the file.

Support and Online Tests:

• Preferably, submit a report to the official Bug Tracker for this app: bbcode.it
  • Account to test the app: if you want to test it online, drop me a private message and I'll set-up a temporary account.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Honestly, what is fundamentally fun is you think that the app is like that since forever! No, it wasn't:

Things tend to change or break in a big upgrade like 4.1 to 4.2. So your $45 is safe.

Report the bug as per instruction in the file.

I'm not really interested if it worked before I owned it, I only care that it works now and that I got a working product for my money...which I didn't. Fortunately I fixed it myself so I'm happy for now.

1 hour ago, InvisionHQ said:

What's New in Version 1.1.4  
Released Just now

• Fix advert filters (ACP)
  • Added "unapproved" filters to the advert table (ACP)
  • Added "approve" button to the table (ACP)
  • Fix wrong name in Classifieds Store
  • New Stores widget
  • Minor fixes

@Callum MacGregor if you explain me what you fix here:

I can add a patch to this version.

I already wrote them further back in the thread:

On 25/08/2017 at 8:33 AM, Callum MacGregor said:

+1 I've noticed this too. 

Also, when an item with a quantity remaining that is greater than 1, it shouldn't be made pending when an offer is made as this makes it disappear from the store, despite there being stock left.

On 25/08/2017 at 0:05 PM, Callum MacGregor said:

When viewing adverts in AdminCP the filters for ALL, COMPLETED, PENDING, EXPIRED don't do anything. Also setting a pending advert to active doesn't actually activate it, it only sets its expiration date.

Honestly for $45 this is pretty fundamentally flawed. Can we get an update @InvisionHQ

Just want to ask a question regarding feature timeline.  I have been waiting since release for a proper transaction review feature.  I do not want to use that feedback plugin that is available. It works in a way, but not ideal.  Looking for a solution that works like eBay transaction feedback.  Is that coming anytime soon?

I am also interested in that shipment feature, very important.

The last thing to really glue all this together is a proper solution for currency.  My site is global and definitely needs the ability for a user to enter in a value in their own local currency.  The site should be able to do the exchange rate.  I only want them to enter it once, not figure out and enter in 10 different values.  Is this something that could be done?

On 8/29/2017 at 2:18 PM, sound said:

having problems with the new New Stores widget displaying

title shows  cl_ms_adverts when adding/editing and after saving the block doesn't display ?

On 8/30/2017 at 6:07 AM, InvisionHQ said:

Can you post a screenshot?

nope cant post one

somethings up

a search of the most recent release says that  cl_ms_adverts  shows in the members store  widget file but not in the language xml file

On 6/9/2017 at 5:20 PM, micho said:

it possible to turn off attachments in editor??

imageproxy.php-6.thumb.png.09f1a93d348501edb07ade801aa0f0c0.png

17 minutes ago, sound said:

a search of the most recent release says that  cl_ms_adverts  shows in the members store  widget file but not in the language xml file

I'll add cl_ms_adverts on the language xml in the next release, but you don't need it to show the widget.

Edited by InvisionHQ
6 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

I'll add cl_ms_adverts on the language xml in the next release, but you don't need it to show the widget.

ok the widget is not showing because ...

it seems that the stores do work even when the setting in profiles has not been enabled

bit odd 

There's a few crucial things this add-on is missing that I need.

1. A filtering system both in search and/or the sidebar on the homepage and/or category listings view.
    - Filter by price
    - Filter by Conditions, Types, Reasons & extra fields
    - Filter by expired/active

2. Expanded 'Sort by' options on listings page and potentially the search page. Sort by highest/lowest price (asc/des), sort by ending soonest, sort by listing creation, views?

3. Max classified edits per usergroup or time limit for editing/updating the listing.

4. Feedback trader rating system.

Also @InvisionHQ in your next revision/update can you add an option within the 'Advert Feed' block for it to show just random ads? And have it display different ads for the user every time they refresh the page.  And an option in the 'sort by' dropdown for expiring ads :lol: Would be AMAZING if you could <3

Edited by sodagod1
On 8/17/2017 at 2:33 PM, optrexnz said:

When cancelling or expiring an invoice the advert disappears. Is this the correct behaviour?

Also, with account settings - advert defaults......How do I change these globally for all users?

Is there a way to stop the following options appearing when placing an advert?
Gallery Album
Contact details - via email

On 8/24/2017 at 12:15 PM, optrexnz said:

I have a user who would like to take a deposit for something that he is making and will be available later in the year, when full payment would be required.

What's the best way of handling this process?

On 8/25/2017 at 9:23 PM, optrexnz said:

Spotted another one:

If a user makes a purchase on the site, I can cover the cost of payment processing fees by adding in "commission" rates, so the purchaser pays, rather than me.

If a user adds credit in the form of an account top-up, there is no option to cover the payment processing fees, so they $10 credit and I end up with $9.40
So I make a loss every time someone adds credit, which sort of defeats the object of commerce enabling the site.

Unless I'm missing a setting somewhere?

I have a few enquiries from August. I wonder if it would be possible to get responses with regards to the above please?
Many thanks in advance.

When cancelling or expiring an invoice the advert disappears. Is this the correct behaviour?

It is if the settings Display EXPIRED adverts? and Display COMPLETED adverts? are disabled.

Also, with account settings - advert defaults......How do I change these globally for all users?

Account Settings is a personal area, so the only way to change for everybody is using a query in the DB.

Those are columns on core_members table.

Is there a way to stop the following options appearing when placing an advert?
Gallery Album
Contact details - via email

Gallery: disable the setitng Enable integration with Gallery?.

For e-mail there's no setting. I wouldn't remove that because messenger can be disabled by the user. E-mail don't.

I have a user who would like to take a deposit for something that he is making and will be available later in the year, when full payment would be required.

What's the best way of handling this process?

If I understand it right, the only way to Commerce keeps money is adding credit to the account. This is a COMMERCE setitng; not related to the Classifieds.

If a user makes a purchase on the site, I can cover the cost of payment processing fees by adding in "commission" rates, so the purchaser pays, rather than me.

If a user adds credit in the form of an account top-up, there is no option to cover the payment processing fees, so they $10 credit and I end up with $9.40
So I make a loss every time someone adds credit, which sort of defeats the object of commerce enabling the site.

EVERYTHING related to credit, money, payment, etc., is handled by Commerce and not Classifieds.

Ask him to post his question to IPS as a feedback.

On 9/16/2017 at 6:26 PM, InvisionHQ said:

It is if the settings Display EXPIRED adverts? and Display COMPLETED adverts? are disabled

Thanks for the reply. The advert has either one or more than one item available for sale.
In the event of a one item sale, if the invoice is cancelled or expired,  this would mean that the sale has fallen through and that item remains available for sale - and therefore should be visible until the ADVERT expires.
In the event of multiple items for sale, its illogical that the advert should disappear at all, when payment for one item is made, so the fact it disappears when an invoice for one item is cancelled, also makes no sense. Would it be possible to rectify this please?

On 9/16/2017 at 6:26 PM, InvisionHQ said:

EVERYTHING related to credit, money, payment, etc., is handled by Commerce and not Classifieds.

Actually, both of these settings are in classifieds.

image.thumb.png.de1a62a0eb66b4538209afb5b1411c1b.png

The new member credit has no option to add a transactions fee and commission, where as within the other section of commerce integration it does. 

image.thumb.png.9b876147ab5c410257a4766086f2c087.png

Commerce itself has no option to add in commission and transaction fees 

On 10/9/2017 at 7:11 PM, sodagod1 said:

Also @InvisionHQ in your next revision/update can you add an option within the 'Advert Feed' block for it to show just random ads? And have it display different ads for the user every time they refresh the page.  And an option in the 'sort by' dropdown for expiring ads :lol: Would be AMAZING if you could <3

Next release coming with a new widget "Random Adverts".

Bought this app, recently and after using it for a while I love it thoroughly. Great work was done by everyone involved. Keep it up.

Few suggestions to make it more appealing for intense usage.

https://carnity.com/classifieds/

Classifieds App Suggestions:

• Every category should have an option to check whether members can post an advert in that category or not (in case it's used as root/placeholder category only). Like in my case I don't want people to post an advert in Audi, BMW, Cadillac but instead in their sub category like Audi - A4, BMW - X5, Cadillac - Escalade etc.
  • Every category should have its own index page, to load all adverts (controlled number) place in its sub categories. Like when someone clicks on Audi, they should see all adverts place under all sub categories of Audi, instead of showing sub-cat that is already displayed on right side - https://carnity.com/classifieds/audi
  • Every category should have the option to add filters on the sidebar, to better search the required advert based on type, condition, option and extra custom fields. We can let people search faster for 2012 model Audi A4 for sale with Automatic gear.
  • There should be an option to show/hide poster name, posting date and show advertisers other option for community admin to decide to use/show or not - already achieved by code edits (hit and trial). Happy to help others.
  • There should be a sidebar on advert page too, showing advert feed from same sub category along with category listing at the same level. Example Audi A4 advert should have other Audi A4 feed on the top right followed with Audi sub category showing links to other Audi categories like A4, A6, A8, TT etc.