Classifieds System

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure I follow... are you saying you create adverts as JOHN DOE and others are viewing this advert as if anyone else submitted it? Same for questions and offers?

If so, no... obviously that's not what's expected and I can't reproduce it:

This app works just like any other: it stores the IDs of members and show them.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

What's happening is:

• When creating adverts or making offers as either of our admin accounts, everything is stored with the correct member_id in the DB
  • When creating adverts or making offers with any other account (not part of the admin group) everything is being stored against 1 member_ID regardless of who is creating the advert or making the offer.  In our case, the member ID everything is being stored against is 32767

Hope that makes sense? 

Edited by watchhead
8 minutes ago, watchhead said:

Thanks for the speedy reply.

What's happening is:

• When creating adverts or making offers as either of our admin accounts, everything is stored with the correct member_id in the DB
  • When creating adverts or making offers with any other account (not part of the admin group) everything is being stored against 1 member_ID regardless of who is creating the offer or making the offer.  In our case, the member ID everything is being stored against is 32767

Hope that makes sense? 

Still do not make sense and works fine on my live board: http://www.screencast.com/t/wf6ud5WX7

This was develope during 6 months with 11 members testing it. We probably would have noticed something like that.

It seems to be a cache issue on your board, etc. There's nothing in this app that changes ownership of things (adverts, offers, questions, etc.) like there is in others (like the Change Author).

Take a look on your database to see which ID appears in adverts, questions and offers table.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Take a look on your database to see which ID appears in adverts, questions and offers table.

I guessed you might have spotted this during your testing and am sure it's something to do with our environment - just not sure what though?

When myself or the other admin creates an advert or makes an offer, it stores our correct ID in the tables.

When we log on with other accounts, or ask existing members to test, it stores everything they do as member_ID 32767 which doesn't belong to any of the testers.

ACP -> System -:> Support -> Something isn't working correctly -> click in Continue button.

When the message " Sometimes badly cached data can cause problems. We have cleared all cached data, please check and see if your problem has been resolved." appears, cache will be cleared. Then you retry adding another advert.

If insists, drop a PM with ACP credentials. I'll take a look today later.

@Adriano Faria

Only the IP Gallery which allows some members to create albums for other members.

The issue with the Classifieds is happening at the point of saving the advert or making the offer.  We have deleted the user that everything was being stored against, uninstalled the app, cleared the cache, reinstalled the app and it's still storing things against the deleted members ID.

Shall I PM you details?

18 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Not sure how the adress is suppose to show up .... have a working google api key and its outofill the adress while i typing but
is there more ?? a map on advert view ?? i only see the adress in category listing view .... 

2016-09-12_11-39-26.jpg

It should appear below Specs (extra fields) on advert view.

I'll double check and will fix it, if that's the case, in the next version to be released today later.

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 minute ago, kalin said:

In my forum I forbid guests to publish ads, but sometimes when users post an ads, it shows published by guest and then they have no editing options.

This is probably due to the same problem found here:

Can you confirm if you have member ID = 32767. If not, that's the problem and it was due to bad column definition. It's fixed. I will release 1.0.1 in a couple of hours.

11 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can you confirm if you have member ID = 32767. If not, that's the problem and it was due to bad column definition. It's fixed. I will release 1.0.1 in a couple of hours.

We do not have user with ID = 32767, but the last user is with ID = 370019

Just now, kalin said:

We do not have user with ID = 32767, but the last user is with ID = 370019

Yeah, same problem. I've made a mistake and defined the member ID column with a improper type, so it reachs 32767 max and as you don't have that member ID, it shows Guest; otherwise it would display the member ID (32767) name.

If you don't want to wait, drop me a PM with credentials to your ACP and I'll fix it before release 1.0.1

1 minute ago, oldlock said:

I had the old Andy Milne app. Just updated to 4.x so purchased this to replace the old system.

1st problem was the SQL query in the manual

classifieds1.PNG

Is that a problem ?

We currently have these tables in the DB

classifieds.PNG

So, we held off on installing the new app pending some advice re process.

Thanks

Can you show a print of your core_applications table?