Jump to content

Community

Classifieds System


Adriano Faria

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, svit said:

Hello,

I am struggling with renewing ads which have expired, in one installation, the option is not there even if the category enables 30 days extension, in my other installation i see the option to renew, but after clicking renew ad, there is no action being taken. Any advise please?

Make sure the PACKAGE used in the advert allows renew and the ADVERT TYPE also allows sales. That's the only condition to renew appear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2016 at 2:04 AM, MontanaOne said:

Can a member or admin reactive a complete advertisement that they accidentally clicked completed on with out reposting the entire advert?

 

On 06/12/2016 at 8:45 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Not in current version. Next version will have a advert center control on ACP, where admins will be able to do so. Will be released next week. 

Any time line for the update for this? Just purchased today and someone has marked their item as complete because they thought it mean that they've completed the advert ready for sale, haha. Easy mistake...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Any time line for the update for this? Just purchased today and someone has marked their item as complete because they thought it mean that they've completed the advert ready for sale, haha. Easy mistake...

I hope this week but you know... real life makes things harder in a week like that. I would expect it next week.

Send a PM explaining the situation, with credentials to your ACP and I'll revert it via database, tomorrow in the morning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

I hope this week but you know... real life makes things harder in a week like that. I would expect it next week.

Send a PM explaining the situation, with credentials to your ACP and I'll revert it via database, tomorrow in the morning. 

Totally understandable, it's nearly CHRISTMAS after all!

Have a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CP_User said:

someone has marked their item as complete because they thought it mean that they've completed the advert ready for sale, haha. Easy mistake...

On my community, this mistake is very frequent for new users too... I am going to change the sentence popup to prevent the user

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't want to use a term like "MARK AS SOLD" because you can have types of adverts othen than SALES, tike WANTED, EXCHANGE, etc. So MARK AS SOLD for a WANTED thing doesn't seem right to me. But yeah, this is a language bit; you can change it on your ACP.

Anyway, the user receives a pretty clear message when clicking in the button:

Capturar.png

Not sure what else can be said there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Unless I misunderstood, you can do that in your language (ACP).

Yes, after I initially posted that, I realized that I could change the language for the entire suite, but I was thinking for this application only. So I edited it.. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KentT said:

So I edited it..

 

3 minutes ago, KentT said:

Something easier than a whole language change. 

Easier for you, huh! :D

That will make me:

  1. add settings for each word... and here probably will have a problem with multi language sites
  2. change EVERY template to change from lang bit to the setting

So no, thank you. :lol:

I really don't like to reinvent the wheel. If that's already doable via core feature, than that's how it should be done. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KentT said:

Can I make a language change apply to your application only?  I haven't experimented.  For example, I don't want to change "complete" throughout the suite...

You can download the entire language. Open the XML in some editor and delete all other apps and leave only Classifieds there. Change what you want to change then update your language on ACP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KentT said:

Can I make a language change apply to your application only?  I haven't experimented.  For example, I don't want to change "complete" throughout the suite...

 

 

I'm pretty sure if you change that language string it is specific to classifieds? If not, can anyone tell me where else this is used as mine has been changed to "Sold" which could get confusing somewhere else in the suite..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Heyhoe said:

I'm pretty sure if you change that language string it is specific to classifieds? If not, can anyone tell me where else this is used as mine has been changed to "Sold" which could get confusing somewhere else in the suite..

When you're browsing the language on ACP, you are able to sort by app by clicking on its column and changing entries for this app only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll look into that if I hear a lot more complaints/questions.  I just recall that some applications have a tab in settings that allows you easily tweak things, or they use a default value unless you specify otherwise...

That's why I suggested "down the road" -- now we're focusing on higher priority functionality and features. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KentT said:

I'll look into that if I hear a lot more complaints/questions.  I just recall that some applications have a tab in settings that allows you easily tweak things, or they use a default value unless you specify otherwise...

That's why I suggested "down the road"

Yeah... for SETTINGS. I really won't change lang bits per settings. Sorry. That won't happen, no.

 

4 minutes ago, KentT said:

now we're focusing on higher priority functionality and features.

Me too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I didn't want to use a term like "MARK AS SOLD" because you can have types of adverts othen than SALES, tike WANTED, EXCHANGE, etc. So MARK AS SOLD for a WANTED thing doesn't seem right to me. But yeah, this is a language bit; you can change it on your ACP.

Anyway, the user receives a pretty clear message when clicking in the button:

Capturar.png

Not sure what else can be said there.

The sentence structure is what I think confuses people. I doubt a native English speaker would say it like that (well, I wouldn't).

Perhaps it should say:
This will mark the advert as completed.
Or
This will mark the advert as SOLD and COMPLETED.

But as above, one can change this themselves in ACP.

I've set mine as the following:
Markassold.JPG
*I'm no grammar expert by the way!

Edited by CP_User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possible New Feature
One thing we've already noticed is people (specially on our forum) creating posts/topics for ads in the forums, while we've only just introduced the classifieds. One of my staff members came up with a great suggestion.

Move to Classifieds (be a good name to use so all understand)
Basically if you find that someone has created a topic in which they want something i.e, selling,wanted or exchange, we could have a button which will auto create an ad using the posted content, we'll then have an option to change the author (like we already can now) and then change to Selling/Wanted/Exchange etc.

This would be extremely useful for our community!

Edited by CP_User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Possible New Feature
One thing we've already noticed is people (specially on our forum) creating posts/topics for ads in the forums, while we've only just introduced the classifieds. One of my staff members came up with a great suggestion.

Promote to Classifieds (be a good name to use so all understand)
Basically if you find that someone has created a topic in which they want something i.e, selling,wanted or exchange, we could have a button which will auto create an ad using the posted content, we'll then have an option to change the author (like we already do now) and then change to Selling/Wanted/Exchange etc.

This would be extremely useful for our community!

Honestly, I would use only topic title and post content. User still  would have to upload images, set prices, etc. And the content would become a mess since images would be there, prices, specs, etc., everything on a messy text content. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Honestly, I would use only topic title and post content. User still  wouldn't have to upload images, set prices, etc. And the content would become a mess since images would be there, prices, specs, etc., everything on a messy text content. 

Topic title and post content would be fine, we can always upload the photo's would be such a big deal for us. We have a template for people to follow, so simply adding a price etc wouldn't be to much. But I do see where you're coming from as you can't pick out content to go into the correct fields.

Edited by CP_User
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/12/2016 at 10:20 AM, Adriano Faria said:

I didn't want to use a term like "MARK AS SOLD" because you can have types of adverts othen than SALES, tike WANTED, EXCHANGE, etc. So MARK AS SOLD for a WANTED thing doesn't seem right to me. But yeah, this is a language bit; you can change it on your ACP.

Anyway, the user receives a pretty clear message when clicking in the button:

Capturar.png

Not sure what else can be said there.

 

Oops, I didn't think of this situation. 

Is there any way of adding some fields into the "Type" settings, a bit like Pages does with articles so you could change the lang to something specific to the Type?

Lanqpages.png

Settings for For Sale Type

Description - "This item is SOLD"

Item Status - "SOLD"

User Action - "Mark as SOLD"

Admin Action - "Display SOLD adverts?"
 

Settings for Wanted Type

Description - "This item is no longer wanted"

Item Status - "FOUND"

User Action - "Mark as FOUND"

Admin Action - "Display FOUND adverts?"


Settings for Swap/Exchange Type

Description - "This item has been exchanged"

Item Status - "EXCHANGED"

User Action - "Mark as EXCHANGED"

Admin Action - "Display EXCHANGED adverts?"

The Admin Action is probably not required though. Complete would be fine for this area.

I think this is necessary as there is no good way of using the same wording for each sale type, other than "Complete" which, as @CP_User mentioned earlier in the week can get confusing for new members.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Heyhoe said:

Oops, I didn't think of this situation. 

Is there any way of adding some fields into the "Type" settings, a bit like Pages does with articles so you could change the lang to something specific to the Type?

Lanqpages.png

Settings for For Sale Type

Description - "This item is SOLD"

Item Status - "SOLD"

User Action - "Mark as SOLD"

Admin Action - "Display SOLD adverts?"
 

Settings for Wanted Type

Description - "This item is no longer wanted"

Item Status - "FOUND"

User Action - "Mark as FOUND"

Admin Action - "Display FOUND adverts?"


Settings for Swap/Exchange Type

Description - "This item has been exchanged"

Item Status - "EXCHANGED"

User Action - "Mark as EXCHANGED"

Admin Action - "Display EXCHANGED adverts?"

The Admin Action is probably not required though. Complete would be fine for this area.

I think this is necessary as there is no good way of using the same wording for each sale type, other than "Complete" which, as @CP_User mentioned earlier in the week can get confusing for new members.


 

It seems to me it is like kill an ant with a sledgehammer. It's just a LANG BIT. COMPLETED, to me, means something is completed, finished and in the case here, the advert walked its road. It's finished, end of its story. I really don't understand the confusion here. Not good enough? Go to your ACP and translate to whatever you want. I can try to use a LANG BIT per type then if it's not good, just change it on ACP but definitively won't do something like this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy