Classifieds System

Version 1.1.7 released

• (IMPROVEMENT) Great speed improvement on large board (thx to Martin A. here) 
  • (FEATURE) Add rating star to advert view
  • (UI) Tons of cosmetic fixes / improvement 
  • (UI) Added advert screenshot on "last advert" block
  • (UI) Truncate ade title if too long
  • (FIX) Fix member store permission and error
  • (UI) Adding some 'ipsBox ipsPad' missing in the theme (great improvement for dark theme)
  • (FIX) Fix some hardcoded text in email template and language string missing
  • (FEATURE) Added "change advertiser" permission to moderator
  • (FIX) Fix embedAvert fatal error
  • (FEATURE - UI) Change featured block style (is a slider now) and add random advert block on index view
  • (FIX) Fix issue "Missing offer notifications"
  • (UI) Hide "make offer" if item have not "sale" option enabled
  • (FEATURE) Add guest message - advert view
  • (FIX) Category block last advert fix (subcategory check)
  • (FIX) Added a check to avoid error in ACP->adverts if a submitter user was deleted
  • Code cleanup and many other minor improvement on classifieds theme

Special Thanks to this release to:
@Martin A. @Durango @GoDuBois @Hal9000 kal m2015913
for testing, suggest and reporting bugs.

( Happy new year! )

Hello, I've just noticed on mobile view that there are two links to Classifieds in the menu; one that corresponds to the navigation bar, and another (with submenus) that belongs to the user menu. While this works great on desktop view, is there a way to remove or hide one of them from the mobile menu? I understand this may relate to how IPS menus work in the first place, yet I doubt there's a switch I could enable or disable for that, and I'm just not good with CSS stuff, so any help will be appreciated. Cheers.

Edited by PPlanet

I have a member who is using classifieds. Another member has purchased the item (physical) using buy now, but the seller only gets an email to say congratulations, someone has purchased a ......

How is he supposed to know who has purchased it and where to send it?

Edited by optrexnz
11 hours ago, optrexnz said:

I have a member who is using classifieds. Another member has purchased the item (physical) using buy now, but the seller only gets an email to say congratulations, someone has purchased a ......

How is he supposed to know who has purchased it and where to send it?

This is a default email sent by Commerce itself when the payment is OK. It actually has nothing to do with Classifieds. We receive this email here on IPS everytime someone buys a resource on marketplace. 

OK, we use stripe. He gets the email to say someone has purchased something, but it doesn't tell him who. He just gets an email to say, a customer has bought xxx and you've  earned $xxx.

So how does he know who has purchased what? 

Even if they use discuss with member feature, he could have 3 people say I'll send you the money, 2 pay up and he'd not know which two.
But without the contact member, if someone uses buy now on its own, he'd have no idea. 

Also he'd need to see delivery details.

The IPS email notification would work for an admin because the back end tells me who's completed the transaction and I get to see the invoice details. The IPS email works here in marketplace because you're not selling physical items. Classifieds needs the extra info due to the physical aspects of the items being sold.

So how can we improve the information to the seller?

Edited by optrexnz
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help? 

When attempting to l're-list' and expired advert I see this message? 

5a66e50b6d365_ScreenShot2018-01-23at07_31_58.thumb.png.37d6f8bf238a790970d463c8608fdfeb.png

Me settings are as follows: 

5a66e5cac5c36_ScreenShot2018-01-23at07_35_15.thumb.png.6f47c94e0eac58616bdaa44ccbaa36e4.png

5a66e72588521_ScreenShot2018-01-23at07_40_55.thumb.png.3962800706ab2b2b3a8e65e76dca2b68.png

Is anyone able to help me? I would like people to be able to re-list there items with a simple click. 

I get e-mails saying that my item has expired and to click here to renew, but the link just takes me to the item listing. (no options to re-list) 

Please advise? 

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE 

Simon W. 

Edited by Simon Westmore
added image