Classifieds System

Could you add the ability to allow guests to access the listing creation form to create their listing then when they hit submit be prompted to register their account/pay the package cost before their listing is submitted. Similar to how guests can post in threads right now. 

Would this be possible @InvisionHQ ?

It would dramatically increase conversion rates from guest to selling customer.

As of right now on my setup I have it where people have to purchase a commerce product to upgrade their account to a VIP group which then lets them post listings. Right now the visitor from the landing page has to go to the sales page where they select a subscription then to the commerce product where they add it to their cart, purchase and register then they have to find their way to the classifieds page again to list their item.

If there was a way you could simplify this process dramatically by allowing the guest to access the list item page where they can fill it in, hit submit and be promoted to choose the commerce package and pay/register to have their listing show up that'd be great. FYI I would use the existing 'Packages' feature built into classifieds, but it doesn't allow for recurring subscriptions :( or user upgrades.

Edited by sodagod1

Or if that's not possible, have a popup that says "login or create an account to continue" then take them through the registration form and once they are done, redirect them back to the advert creation form where they were trying to list their item.

Edited by sodagod1
On 19/9/2017 at 12:21 PM, sodagod1 said:

Or if that's not possible, have a popup that says "login or create an account to continue" then take them through the registration form and once they are done, redirect them back to the advert creation form where they were trying to list their item.

I can try to find a way to add a popup, all other things are related to Commerce app and I suggest you to ask to IPS to add a new feature for guests.

4 hours ago, kmk said:

What is "member store"?

and after its activated in admincp...how use it on front end

Member store is a page with all adverts of the user, like eBay store, amazon store... after you activate it in ACP

every user can set a store name in the user profile settings.

7 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

I can try to find a way to add a popup, all other things are related to Commerce app and I suggest you to ask to IPS to add a new feature for guests.

11 hours ago, kmk said:

The listing creation page is tied to commerce? Really? That's a bummer. Are you sure there's no way you could open up the listing creation page to guests (if allowed in their permissions) and when they click submit, save their listing details via a cookie or something - redirect them to registration then when they register and go back to the listing creation page the info they entered as a guest is saved?

Edited by sodagod1

I'm still having issues with expired adverts, I've set expired adverts to be moved after 5 days. However some are still there?
For instance, one of my adverts has a starting date of July 26, 2017 so that means that 60 days (I've set adverts to 60 days) later would be September 24, 2017. But the advert hasn't moved?

When promoting an advert, an image is not chosen in the Promote window. Please consider to add this the same way forum topics, articles or blog entries get the images from the content. In this case we even have a mandatory field for image to upload. But this image is not suggested in the Promote dialog.

Thank you!

screenshot- 2017-09-28 21-23-16-156.png

This is really strange. 

As a user without admin rights, I clicked Buy Now for a product, but then didn't go through the entire purchase process. The advert / item was then listed in my Orders section as Pending. I clicked Cancel Invoice, and the advert was deleted. 

Is this a bug? Potential buyers shouldn't be able to delete an advert just because they don't finish a transaction. 

On 28/9/2017 at 9:27 PM, Sonya* said:

When promoting an advert, an image is not chosen in the Promote window. Please consider to add this the same way forum topics, articles or blog entries get the images from the content. In this case we even have a mandatory field for image to upload. But this image is not suggested in the Promote dialog.

Thank you!

screenshot- 2017-09-28 21-23-16-156.png

I'm looking into this issue now.

I update you soon.

On 28/9/2017 at 7:31 PM, CP_User said:

I'm still having issues with expired adverts, I've set expired adverts to be moved after 5 days. However some are still there?
For instance, one of my adverts has a starting date of July 26, 2017 so that means that 60 days (I've set adverts to 60 days) later would be September 24, 2017. But the advert hasn't moved?

Need to check tasks, can you send me a PM with ACP access?

On 29/9/2017 at 3:41 AM, Chris027 said:

Is this a bug? Potential buyers shouldn't be able to delete an advert just because they don't finish a transaction. 

Yes, you deleted advert when cancel the invoice.

I'm checking into this to look a better way to manage this situation.

What's New in Version 1.1.6 

Released Just now

• Fixed upload custom field bug 
  • Fixed a bug that not update (items > 1) after buy
  • Fixed a bug that set PENDING DEAL on advert with more then one item on stock @Callum MacGregor
  • Fixed a bug with Invoice cancel that delete also the advert @Chris027 @Callum MacGregor
  • Fixed a bug image is not chosen in the Promote window @Sonya*
Edited by InvisionHQ

Let me explain what happened now if you work on INVOICE with 1.1.6:

1. CANCEL INVOICE / UNPAID INVOCE / EXPIRED INVOICE

Advert not deleted - Advert not more on pending status - Advert stocks recovery

2. DELETE INVOCE

Delete the advert

P.S.

Probably this will be the latest maintenance release, if all is well I would like to start working soon on a major release (1.2) that will bring new features.

Edited by InvisionHQ
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 7:47 AM, InvisionHQ said:

Member store is a page with all adverts of the user, like eBay store, amazon store... after you activate it in ACP

every user can set a store name in the user profile settings.

suggestion #1

change the settings for the member store to the same section as the 'default'

in its current location you can not give a link to members to explain to them how to startup and/or  rename their store

eg move it from the edit profile 'members store' tab into here

https://www.forumname/settings/classifiedsaddress/

suggestion #2

Add a 'classifieds' tab profile section

has to be a useful 'discovery aid - list of members classifieds ads via their profile page - also could have store link ?

• 2 weeks later...

my main site has been getting random error 500 lock ups

when it happens I need to copy the theme and then switch to the copied theme to resolve

php reports
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_forms' not found 

as think 'class_core_front_forms'  is a classifieds  call (hooks.json)  then maybe this crashing is related to this app?

has anyone else had such issues?

Edited by sound