How can I get PHP 7 as a cloud customer?

Simon Woods

I'm not even sure if this possible but I was a little disappointed when updating to the latest release did not include PHP 7, since it was a headline for the release and Charles even mentioned how good it is here: 

Can it be done on CIC? Did I miss some info about it? Or will be it happening further down the line?

(I know some of this is more feedback or maybe even better suited in the Client Lounge but it is a potentially complicated issue and so just threw all of the questions in here -- I'll happily post them separately in another forum if that would be better.)

Ioncube isn't supported on php7 just yet, once it's is, we will have php 7 available. You shouldn't however "need" it as our CIC accounts perform very well, so you likely won't notice much on php7 unless your site is very busy, when it is available though. 

Thank you

24 minutes ago, Rhett said:

Ioncube isn't supported on php7 just yet, once it's is, we will have php 7 available. You shouldn't however "need" it as our CIC accounts perform very well, so you likely won't notice much on php7 when it is available though. 

Thank you

Oh, okay. That's even better. ^_^ Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Rhett said:

Ioncube isn't supported on php7 just yet, once it's is, we will have php 7 available. You shouldn't however "need" it as our CIC accounts perform very well, so you likely won't notice much on php7 unless your site is very busy, when it is available though. 

What do you use IonCube for? I assume it's not the encoding of the files, so is it IonCube24?

Archived