I just bought IP.Gallery - does it just go live and install?

TheGreyWizard

Ok so I just checked ACP>applications and no ip.gallery is install or ready to be installed?

I have to re-install the entire suite?  I can't just install the ip.gallery plugin?

Are you sure?  That wouldnt make sense or be very user friendly for upgrades.

My suite, minus ip.gallery is already installed and up and running quite well - so just adding the ip.gallery plugin would be quite easy

Go to your Client Area and download a full batch of files then upload these to your server, overwriting what is there. Once that completes with no failed files, go to ACP -> System -> Applications and click the "+" next the Gallery to install.

I never trusted that simply "overwrite all". What happens with my uploads folder and custom smileys for example when you do that? 

My last purchases I downloaded the new client scooped out the new application(s) and put them in the online folder then ran the install in the ACP.

46 minutes ago, riko said:

I never trusted that simply "overwrite all". What happens with my uploads folder and custom smileys for example when you do that? 

Any duplicated content will be overwritten. Any content which is present on the server (for example, customsmiley.jpg) but not in the newly downloaded suite will be fine, because there are no files of that name in what you're uploading. So your uploads folder will be absolutely fine.

3 hours ago, Meddysong said:

Any duplicated content will be overwritten. Any content which is present on the server (for example, customsmiley.jpg) but not in the newly downloaded suite will be fine, because there are no files of that name in what you're uploading. So your uploads folder will be absolutely fine.

Hmm, I just tried it, I use a ftp manager as I have no idea how to move things around through terminal etc. and I "suddenly" have this 'merge' option. :smile: 

In the past it was only, "are you sure you want to overwrite this file?", which, if I tried that on my computer meant the folder including the content are completely overwritten. So I never tried to do this on my web server with FTP.

Good to know, thank you. Though I'll still remain careful with this. 

Archived